Atari Classics Evolved PSP

6.0

1. Jun 8, 2012
    As an old school gamer, who spent many-a-quarter in arcades on all of these games, I am happy with this collection. I'm happy with the game=play, I'm happy with the choice of games, I'm even happy with the updates and changes made. I like these updates better than the updates on the PS One collection. The reason I don't give the game a better score is because the unlock to get to thoseAs an old school gamer, who spent many-a-quarter in arcades on all of these games, I am happy with this collection. I'm happy with the game=play, I'm happy with the choice of games, I'm even happy with the updates and changes made. I like these updates better than the updates on the PS One collection. The reason I don't give the game a better score is because the unlock to get to those juicy original 2600 games, That I bought the bloody disk for is.....

I can't think of a term that isn't vulgar.

Imagine being a given a game system, and every game that was made for it, the only trick is you have to parkour (yes that is spelled correctly no matter what the idiotic spell checker says, what does it use an Alabama dictionary?) Anyway, you have to parkour naked through the entire city of San-Francisco and you have exactly 4 minutes to accomplish it.

I don't want to have to be a bloody master of Warlords to be able to play the 2600 version of Warlords! I'm old now! These games are for us old farts who are wasting time looking back at all the time we wasted! Who ever came up with the idea that you had to get every achievement in the game to unlock the games that are, by proxy of age the crappiest games on the disk, needs to be made to graduate from the Marine Corps Boot Camp, and given a blanket party on a nightly basis!

If you love Arcade Classics and have a PSP, then you owe it to yourself to get this version. Just don't expect to see the Atari 2600 games unless your some sort of hardcore-retro-masochist that doesn't want to make time for modern game that are hundreds of times better looking, and just as fun to boot.

#63 Most Discussed PSP Game of 2007
#30 Most Shared PSP Game of 2007

1. If you're up for the challenge, and you want to trace the lineage of some of your favorite games of all times by exploring their heritage, you simply can't afford to pass up Atari Classics Evolved.
  2. There's also a challenging award system to work through, with over fifty unlockable Atari 2600 games once you earn them all.
  3. Many of the games - including a few of the unlockable classics (like Yar’s Revenge) - fit wonderfully on the PSP. Then there are games like Centipede where the control scheme is not very well suited for Sony’s handheld and thus will become the games you will avoid.