Burnout Legends PSP

8.4

1. ChrisP.
    Nov 29, 2008
    Magically tranformes Burnout 3 into a handheld game. Certainly the best racing game on the PSP, some might say Legends is the best Burnout ever - its essentially an updated and fleshed out version of Burnout 3 with extra courses, modes and cars. Perfection.
  2. Feb 12, 2014
    Best racing game with MotorStorm in PSP. The crash mode is fantastic. You never get bored with this mode. Race mode is very good too but crash mode is better for sure.
  3. MysteryL.
    Sep 22, 2005
    Burnout's just a mess. when the music tracks change, the game HANGS for a bit, even during a race. this has messed me up before...i wish they took more care in porting this game. Formular one is better and more realistic.
  4. 4thNobleman
    Sep 14, 2005
    The games racing was ok....it felt choppy at times and the "RC Pro AM" compensation to the AI can become very aggressive to the point that the player will almost want to scream "HAXORZ!" The crash mode offers nothing new, except a dumbed down look at the same thing Bunrout 1-3 players felt. The absolute worst moment is playing crash mode only to see a speeding taxi smack into the rear of The games racing was ok....it felt choppy at times and the "RC Pro AM" compensation to the AI can become very aggressive to the point that the player will almost want to scream "HAXORZ!" The crash mode offers nothing new, except a dumbed down look at the same thing Bunrout 1-3 players felt. The absolute worst moment is playing crash mode only to see a speeding taxi smack into the rear of a bus and watching the bus go airborne. The crash mode looks so dumbed down it would feel alot like most PS1 racers in quality. The PSP is supposed to be a better portable than this. As a fan of Burnout since the days of Acclaim, I am sorely disappointed in the poor porting skill of Criterion. This is just another boring port and I moreso recommend Revenge if you need a Burnout fix. Expand
  5. Slithy
    Sep 15, 2005
    Ouch, what happened here? The burnout games on the consoles are great, but Burnout legends is a prime example of why you can't take a console game and expect it to work on a portable. All the fun is diminished by terrible framerates and cars you can't avoid because you can't see them coming. If you need some racing action on the PSP, there are far better games out there, Ouch, what happened here? The burnout games on the consoles are great, but Burnout legends is a prime example of why you can't take a console game and expect it to work on a portable. All the fun is diminished by terrible framerates and cars you can't avoid because you can't see them coming. If you need some racing action on the PSP, there are far better games out there, like Ridge Racer and Wipeout. Expand
  6. NoddyG.
    Oct 5, 2005
    Compared to other PSP racers on the market it blows them away. Fast, Fusious and loads of fun. Alpine is clearly the best track ever created.
  7. MartinT.
    Oct 11, 2005
    This is a pretty good game the graphics are good for the psp and the optiopns are pretty enjoyable.
  8. F.Zukka
    Sep 14, 2005
    Certainly one of the best out there right now. If you dont like the idea of super-fast racing with classic tracks and cars from ALL burnout games and crazy crashes that the burnout series is famous for,,,then dont get this game. Otherwise youll love it. If youve never played a burnout game before, this is definatly the best place to start.
  9. MattR.
    Sep 17, 2005
    Best Game For Psp Without A Doibt. I'm Sick Of People Sayin That You Cant See The Cars Coming, You Can See The Cars Comin A Mile Off. You Obviously Just Dnt Want 2 Admit Your C.rap At The Game! Great Game, Every Mode Is Excellent BUY IT!!!
  10. Cleon
    Sep 20, 2005
    For some reaosn, the psp has a lot of racing games for being so young. this will probably get lost in the shuffle, but its not a bad game. not nearly as good as the console versions, though, cuz the lack of a good framerate makes me ill, but good. I think the game is average. pick it up if you want another racing game.
  11. NickS.
    Jan 19, 2006
    Excellent game. Excellently adapted to a handheld. Only negative, it can get dull after a while, but this is to be expected with most playstation games. Nintendo have always made timeless more addictive games, but sadly never too many of them. Highly recommend this game, even if you're not a big racing fan.
  12. TerryB.
    Oct 10, 2005
    I don't get some of these reviews. One reviewer said it looks better on a big TV... Well DUH!! For a protable racing game this one is rock solid. The load times are less than 10 seconds 90% of the time and the races rarely slow down. Turn off the music and it never slows down. Crash mode is extremely addictive and the race variety is also well honed. Yes this is a port of the first 3 I don't get some of these reviews. One reviewer said it looks better on a big TV... Well DUH!! For a protable racing game this one is rock solid. The load times are less than 10 seconds 90% of the time and the races rarely slow down. Turn off the music and it never slows down. Crash mode is extremely addictive and the race variety is also well honed. Yes this is a port of the first 3 Burnouts in a single game. But why exactly is that a bad thing? 99% of the titles on any new system, especially a portable system are going to be ports of console versions. Get over it. If you like Burnout games and want them on the road, then this title is it. If you've never played a Burnout title and want a solid game with good variety besides just racing from point A to B, go get this title. Expand
  13. AndrewCarr
    Oct 5, 2005
    Simply put - the best PSP racer out there. If not the best PSP tilte full stop.
  14. SamS.
    Oct 6, 2005
    There's no reason to buy this over the home games. Maybe if you are a HUGE burnout fan, then try this bug-ridden game, but otherwise steer clear of this car wreck.
  15. MatthewJ.
    Sep 12, 2005
    Burnout Legends is basically the first three Burnout games stuffed into the PSP. Unfortunately, these games were made with a big screen in mind, and playing on the PSP proves to be frustrating beyond belief. Add to that some choppy framerates and control issues, and you've got another lazy port for the PSP.
  16. RyanD.
    Sep 14, 2005
    Its perfect in every way.
  17. DonC.
    Jun 30, 2006
    Burnout Legends was impossible to put down, the game got a little harder as you progressed, but still not impossible which avoided frustration, which was good. Perfect Game for the PSP. I beat it too fast.
  18. JonathanS.
    Oct 2, 2005
    I have never played the console versions of this game so I'm not tainted in my opinion. For the game as it is... This is a great game! It's not as smooth as Ridge Racer (PSP) but can certainly hold a candle to it. I really enjoy the sadistic mayhem trying to smash the fenders off every other car on the track. The only way I would have given this title a ten out of ten is if it I have never played the console versions of this game so I'm not tainted in my opinion. For the game as it is... This is a great game! It's not as smooth as Ridge Racer (PSP) but can certainly hold a candle to it. I really enjoy the sadistic mayhem trying to smash the fenders off every other car on the track. The only way I would have given this title a ten out of ten is if it offered Infrastructure mode (very lacking on the PSP). Expand
  19. BobbyB.
    Oct 24, 2005
    Burnout Legends deliver the best racing and graphic on the PSP, easy to control and great location courses. definitely belong in the top ten games on the PSP.
  20. JayG.
    Dec 8, 2005
    This has to be the best racing game yet for the PSP. It has the same great gameplay as the console.
  21. MiguelG.
    Oct 31, 2005
    I think I start to understand some reviews of some high-profile games for the PSP: people are used to Nintendo's handheld machines, with their blocky graphics - now we have this great thing called PSP, and as it looks so much as the old-timer PS2 people tend to compare, and make silly comparisions (like: looks better on a TV). They are not ready yet, be indulgent. PSP's Burnout: I think I start to understand some reviews of some high-profile games for the PSP: people are used to Nintendo's handheld machines, with their blocky graphics - now we have this great thing called PSP, and as it looks so much as the old-timer PS2 people tend to compare, and make silly comparisions (like: looks better on a TV). They are not ready yet, be indulgent. PSP's Burnout: Yet another great achievement! Expand
  22. BurnedOut
    Sep 11, 2005
    Another Burnout?? Another Perfect Game!!
  23. JohnF.
    Sep 16, 2005
    Great game! It's incredible what psp hw can do.
  24. Wongit
    Sep 16, 2005
    Probably the best game for the PSP, its fun fast and exciting. A great portible game. Very little went wrong here, except some framerates and small glitches here and there, but the overall fun overtakes any of that crap. Definetly get this one. Best racing game out there for PSP, if not Best game for the PSP
  25. Joe
    Sep 16, 2005
    Amazing...in terms of looks and gameplay.Even if you have played every burnout game already get this and have fun playing through clasic tracks again and again.
  26. Liz
    Sep 17, 2005
    My friend showed me this game this morning and I just had to go buy PSP after playing legends. Wow, I can't believe driving game can be so much fun and look so great!!! (yes, girls play games too :)
  27. Bill
    Sep 17, 2005
    Burnout Legends doesn't have choppy framerates. Notice the previous three 'reviews' all say "choppy" - it's the same guy. I've found one glitch where the game hanged, that was it. Otherwise, it's smooth and wildly active gameplay all the way - every bit as addicting and satisfying as Burnout on my XBOX. Low resolution? Try playing split screen 2 player on a Burnout Legends doesn't have choppy framerates. Notice the previous three 'reviews' all say "choppy" - it's the same guy. I've found one glitch where the game hanged, that was it. Otherwise, it's smooth and wildly active gameplay all the way - every bit as addicting and satisfying as Burnout on my XBOX. Low resolution? Try playing split screen 2 player on a normal NTSC TV. This version is even better for multiplayer! Expand
  28. Zeke129
    Sep 21, 2005
    This is definately the game that saves the PSP from it's gaming drought. Even if you have never played a Burnout game before, PICK UP THIS GAME if you own a PSP right now. You cannot go wrong!
  29. DougB.
    Sep 23, 2005
    Nope. Sorry. I didn't pay this much money to play a watered down Burnout game that's just like the ones I have on the PS2. Of all games to port, this has got to be the worst. Anyone who says Burnout works on the small screen is in denial. All the fun is sucked out of the series by porting it to a small screen on a machine that can't handle it. I want my money back!
  30. MikeG.
    Jul 29, 2006
    best racing game out there for the psp. EA can come out with a sequel, but only if it's online. Compare this game to NFS 5-1-0, rivals, or any other psp racer, but not ps2 games.
  31. MichaelL.
    Sep 23, 2006
    Best game on the PSP. But has some big problems. The load times are awful, the game stutters when the tracks change and I
  32. BruceC.
    Oct 17, 2007
    Great smash-up game!
  33. Assimov
    May 18, 2007
    Great game. Best of the game: Two modes of play: Races and Crash competition, Progress Rewarding with objectives and accomplished task, Good: Have Game Sharing (but some simplified), graphics are good (not superb). Arcade control well suited for PSP controls. Entertaining, but replay value is not the best of the game.
  34. nana
    May 17, 2008
    Its a very good game. like other ppl said loadin is slow. Also watch out for death spots or "mine" spots on which ur car blows up for the littlest bump. i luv the game! but could b worked on.
  35. PhilJ.
    Aug 3, 2008
    This is about the best PSP gmae ever! Every PSP owner must get this! It is so much fun I can't stop smiling while playing it. There should be more tracks but it is still a smashing good time and the graphics are awesome (especially when you crash).
  36. [ANONYMOUS]
    Jun 23, 2009
    one of the best burnout & psp games, but by the time you get to the sport class, the game just pisses u off(the sport class is the second to last class, so u get a long run out of the game)
  37. DavidH.
    Nov 18, 2005
    Almost a perfect game. Graphics are not as polished as in Ridge Racer, but you'll not ,miss RR. The gameplay is about doing everything you'd like to do with your real car, but the common sense does not allow you to.
  38. LaraB.
    Nov 9, 2005
    I cannot believe it took me this long to find this game. Wow! What fun. The graphics are great, the racing is fun, and its just fantastic.
  39. BenR.
    Dec 14, 2005
    its a really good game, but has a few glitches on some of the tracks, and sometimes on road rage it can be very unfogiving, but otherwise the best psp game out.
  40. Ty
    Sep 11, 2005
    Great, great and great.
  41. Leo
    Sep 13, 2005
    Really this game is brilliant the small screnn gives u a touch to relity with it low but not too low vision , the games great and there's nothing u can do about it.
  42. ChrisT.
    Sep 13, 2005
    Matthew J. obviously hasn't played the game. Burnout Legends is an excellent port to the PSP, and arguably the best racer out for the PSP... and that says a lot if you consider Wipeout Pure. It combines the best elements of the first 3 burnouts into a sort of Greatest Hits collection, and the perfect pocket racer to carry around and challenge your friends. A must buy for and PSP owner!
  43. RyanP.
    Sep 16, 2005
    It is AWESOME, i love every mode.
  44. Chris
    Sep 22, 2005
    I think Burnout Legends is the best game for PSP. What kind of person would disagree. It has everything that a racing game should have. It's got the music, insane crashes, fast speeds, and really nice graphics for the PSP. I really have fun playing it and I also look foword to geting GTA Liberty City Stories.
  45. Jason
    Sep 25, 2005
    Great game.
  46. SteveJ.
    Sep 29, 2005
    I'm a huge Burnout fan, but this game just plain blows. The loading times are bad, there are numerous bugs, there's slowdown...and the game isn't as fun on a little screen as it is on my big TV.
  47. PierreP.
    Jul 25, 2008
    Beautiful graphics, heartaching speeds and a robust physics engine, yes, all of the good of Burn Out finally packed in one on-the-go game. Combined with the replayability and excellent playtime (over 15 hours if you want to finish everything) this game is for keeps!
  48. MattH.
    Dec 11, 2005
    It was a great great game and I can never stop playing it!
  49. Mar 22, 2014
    If you love Burnout, then this game is a no-brainer. It's like an expansion pack for Burnout 3. And it has many of the tracks from previous games. Again if you love Burnout, then you know what to expect. I wish this was, however, released on the PS2 so I can see the detailed destruction of vehicles. Still, buy this game from PSN if you have a PSP or Vita.
  50. Feb 27, 2012
    Great visceral racer, almost as good as the best Burnouts on home consoles. Sweet graphics, proper soundtrack and sounds, very good production values. Might be a little short (5-7 hours to beat all World Tour levels), and I found the Crash mode to be a little lacking (long loading times, somewhat lacking in physics and graphical details compared to 'big' Burnouts), though you can easilyGreat visceral racer, almost as good as the best Burnouts on home consoles. Sweet graphics, proper soundtrack and sounds, very good production values. Might be a little short (5-7 hours to beat all World Tour levels), and I found the Crash mode to be a little lacking (long loading times, somewhat lacking in physics and graphical details compared to 'big' Burnouts), though you can easily spend some more time getting all gold in World Tour. Highly recommended! Expand
  51. Apr 11, 2012
    Overal the game is good and interesting. But number of laps per race is always 3 which is a bit too long, since the lenght of a track is pretty decent.
  52. Feb 26, 2016
    This review is almost a decade late, but then again, here it is. Before this, I had NEVER played a Burnout game ever. Maybe this was not the best game to start with, but at least it was not the worst. Burnout Legends is a game where you are a driver. However, it has to be one of the most original games ever. Tired of having somebody cut in front of you and you can't do anything? Simple,This review is almost a decade late, but then again, here it is. Before this, I had NEVER played a Burnout game ever. Maybe this was not the best game to start with, but at least it was not the worst. Burnout Legends is a game where you are a driver. However, it has to be one of the most original games ever. Tired of having somebody cut in front of you and you can't do anything? Simple, SMASH THEM INTO A WALL!! There are a few modes, including Races, Road Rage, Crash, Pursuit, and much more. Racing is what it sounds like, except you can crash cars into walls and get boosts by doing so. In my opinion, this is one of the worst modes in the game because of one problem, the controls. Maybe it is the game or my PSP system, but this game can be either very sensitive or have no sensitivity at all. It can easily get frustrating when you are trying to not get in last place or get all of the gold medals. Road Rage is a mode where you have one goal, which is to crash as many other cars at possible before you crash multiple times or in a time limit. This is one of the most over the top and fun modes in the game. Next we have Crash, which is not only my favorite, but a fan favorite as well. What is your goal? To cause as much destruction as possible. The more destruction, the more cash you get, which unlocks cars for the mode. The last mode I am going to talk about is Pursuit, which once again, is one of my least favorite modes. Your goal is to take down A SINGLE CAR. That is it. However, the car has a lot more health than the other cars in different modes do. Despite me loving this game, there are a few cons. For example, every time you crash a car, it goes into slow motion and focuses on that car. What is the problem with that? I love that in Sniper Elite 2 and 3. But there, it is not a fast paced game, unlike here. There are SO many time where that happens and I crash because of it. It gets extremely frustrating and was something that ruined the game a bit for me. Another con is that the controls feel insensitive most of the time, even when using the D-Pad. My final complaint is the graphics, but not for the reason you would think. It is not because they look bad, in fact, they look very good for the PSP, but the textures make it hard to see what is a ramp and what isn't. Many times I crash into a ramp thinking it is a road, making it frustrating. I would give this game a 8.6, but you can only do whole numbers. This game is a must own for anybody who likes Burnout games or racing games in general. Even if not, I recommend at least trying it. Expand
  53. May 17, 2016
    Burnout Legends and Paradise are the best games on Burnout Series . In Burnout Legends not really good physics , but better than in Burnout Dominator and in Burnout Legends rate higher than in other Burnout Games and this game is funniest Burnout in series , but Burnout Paradise does not matter better than Burnout Legends and in Burnout Legends graphics as in Burnout Dominator , butBurnout Legends and Paradise are the best games on Burnout Series . In Burnout Legends not really good physics , but better than in Burnout Dominator and in Burnout Legends rate higher than in other Burnout Games and this game is funniest Burnout in series , but Burnout Paradise does not matter better than Burnout Legends and in Burnout Legends graphics as in Burnout Dominator , but Burnout Dominator implemented in 2007 and Burnout Legends in 2005 . Burnout Legends is very good racing game . 8/10 . Expand
  54. Jul 9, 2016
    Pretty much Burnout 3 on the PSP. That being said, its one of the best racing games for the system. Amazing graphics, fun gameplay and cool tracks and cars . The difficulty is well balanced. The game is challenging without getting in your way too much. The game holds up. Its still a lot of fun after all these years. Highly recommended.

#3 Most Discussed PSP Game of 2005
#4 Most Shared PSP Game of 2005

1. Simply makes fantastic use of the PSP technology, providing a profoundly impressive audiovisual experience and fast, frantic racing, both of which easily rank with the best the platform has to offer.
    Burnout Legends is certainly the best racing game on PSP, and let's face it, it's up against plenty of competition. Its structure is perfect for a handheld experience, as none of the challenges it presents last more than a few minutes.
    While first-time Burnout gamers who are torn between picking up Burnout Legends for the PSP or Burnout Revenge for either Xbox or PS2 may want to go with the latter, Burnout Legends is the perfect remedy for those who want to do a little burning while on the road.