Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles PSP

• Publisher: Konami
  • Release Date: Oct 23, 2007
7.8

1. Mar 31, 2012
    A nice remake of Rondo of Blood, it looks so much prettier. It kept the same difficult-as-hell gameplay while also sticking to the storyline. The best part? You can unlock the original Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night. I was super stoked when I found out this little gem. Now that's what I mostly use this game for anymore, but all-in-all still great.
  2. Oct 10, 2014
    Castlevanai The Dracula X Chronicles is an amazing remake. First off not only do you get an awesome remake but two equally amazing games. (those being Castlevania Rondo of blood and Castlevania symphony of the night)

Presentaion: Dracula X chronicles is a 2.5D remake of Castlevania Rondo of blood. Now I will say this is a very detailed game it looks very gothic and castlevania-ish. But the visuals can be mussy at points and out right **** at times (by that I mean in one area in The Graveyard stage if you play this game youll know what I mean) overall a good looking game but it doesn't pop like the original.

Gameplay: Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles is classic 2-d castlevania action at its finest. This is considered a CLASSIC Castlevania game but its also pretty nonlinear. Each level has two to three ways to beat it each having its own boss. There's about 14 stages to whip your way through. You can also play as another character that plays completely different to Richter our main hero. Maria Renard has doves as her main weapon shes can throw two at a time and they act as boomerangs. She has two slide abilities and a double jump and her subweapon animal buddices CAN **** **** UP. Though she's a glass cannon be careful with her.

Plot: A group of cultists lead by the evil Priest Shaft resurrect count Dracula. Knowing that a Belmont is on his way to reck his **** up Dracula immedietley sets his plan into motion and attacks Richter's home town and kindaps his girlfriend Annete and her sister Maria Renard. Now not only does Ricther need to rescue his girlfriend but because of his.. DIVINE BLOODLINE he must defeat Dracula.

Music.OH MY ****ING GOD THE ****ING SOUNDTRACK THE ****ING SOUDTRACK THE ****ING SOUNDTRACK. IS AMAZING. One of if not the best Castlevania soundtrack of all ****ing time. Songs such as "Cross a Fear", "Slash", and "Beginning" (or Dreams of Triumph as this game calls it) make an amzing return. The soundtrack is fast paced fully orchestral and overall some of the best videogame music of all time BARNONE.

FinalThoughts: I love this game theres 3 whole games here. Multiple pathways, Time attack, a co-op bossrush, ****ing excellent music and good graphics. I will say the PCENGINE version of ROB handles better but that's just me. If you own a Psp and don't have this game GET IT
  3. Marc.D.
    Nov 9, 2007
    Judged on their own merits, the sum of this compilation's parts stand up very well as action titles. However, as a whole, they form the best value in gaming this side of The Orange Box. Besides some lingering control issues and horrible voice acting in SOTN...the game packs a remarkable amount of quality into its UMD. A true gem for all PSP owners.
  4. JacobP.
    Nov 5, 2007
    Excellent. It has Symphony of the Night on it! Plus a brand new, addictive remake of Rondo of Blood! If you're a fan of Castlevania or the prospect of going head to head with Dracula- geddit now!
  5. TheB.
    Oct 7, 2007
    It gets a ten just for having two of the best Castlevania games of all time on it. Who cares if the remake is good?
  6. TLink
    Mar 3, 2008
    I've played nearly all the Castlevania games and have beaten most of them. My all-time fave is definitely Symphony of The Night and the great part is, you don't have to beat the difficult Rondo of Blood to unlock it (you can do it in Level 3.) Rondo has awesome graphics but is a very hard game. Instead of the backslide move they give you a backflip. Which is unforgiving, as you I've played nearly all the Castlevania games and have beaten most of them. My all-time fave is definitely Symphony of The Night and the great part is, you don't have to beat the difficult Rondo of Blood to unlock it (you can do it in Level 3.) Rondo has awesome graphics but is a very hard game. Instead of the backslide move they give you a backflip. Which is unforgiving, as you often land on a monster while executing the move to escape another. Also, it's hard to use the backflip to reach upper platforms. It looks like you should be able to get higher with a backflip to reach them, but for some reason I miss half the time. The monsters drain much of your life and when die you have to restart at the beginning of the level, which is harsh by today's standards. Buy Dracula X for Symphony of The Night unless you're a hardcore gamer that likes a tough challenge. Worth the money, definitely. Expand
  7. Cody
    Nov 3, 2007
    A great game. The 3d remake looks great, sounds great, and plays great. In Symphony you can even play as Maria. All of this and tons of replay value make it a perfect game.
  8. YoungFrank
    Jan 14, 2008
    This Castlevania game for the PSP is a winner. If you're a fan of the more recent series, you may find the linear nature of Rondo a bit shocking, but it's still very enjoyable and fun. If your still unhappy, there's the level select with branching paths, as well as the fantastic Symphony of the Night as an unlockable that you can fall back on. All three games have great This Castlevania game for the PSP is a winner. If you're a fan of the more recent series, you may find the linear nature of Rondo a bit shocking, but it's still very enjoyable and fun. If your still unhappy, there's the level select with branching paths, as well as the fantastic Symphony of the Night as an unlockable that you can fall back on. All three games have great value, are very replayable, and should eat up plenty of unconstructive time spent staring out the window on the bus or in waiting rooms or something. The characters mouths and facial expressions never move and the voice acting is a little painful, but it's forgivable- especially as the game supports stereo surround and the music is good enough to make up for it. The whole package is accessible and sold at a bargain price, and this game has not left me wanting for more. I'm glad the first Castlevania game for the PSP was so good and stuck to it's roots, and I'm looking forward to another PSP installment of the series. Try this game- today! Expand
  9. DavidScott
    Jun 30, 2008
    Best Game Ever for the PSP!!! I was a huge Castlevania fan for all the other platform games. By FAR not the most difficult Castlevania game to beat but the hidden characters/items, multiple scenarios, and unlockable mini games including Sympthony of the Night and the Orignal Rondo of Blood make this game a prize! This game is a MUST for all Castlevania enthusiasts! Quite a collector!
  10. May 10, 2015
    You get a great 3D remake of Rondo of Blood, the original PS1 version of Symphony of the Night (including Maria as playable character and has remade voice acting and dialogues) and the original Rondo of Blood, the PC Engine version (with having English subtitles).

DXC is a classic, challenging Castlevania experience with good graphics, amazing soundtrack, cool boss fights, some twists compared to the original game, and lots of frustration. If you like challenging, old school Castlevania games then Dracula X Chronicles is for you! It's an amazing game, and highly recommended and the extras are just make it even more worthy to buy!
  11. Jun 23, 2016
    Castlevania dracula x chronicles is underrated psp game ever, it features castlevania rondo of blood which isn't released in usa, and remastered ps1 castlevania, get castlevania dracula x chronicles for psp.

#9 Most Discussed PSP Game of 2007
#3 Most Shared PSP Game of 2007

1. As a reinvented version of a 16-bit game, this looks quite nice on the PSP's sharp display, but it plays like nobody's greased the machinery since its original 1993 release. [Oct 2007, p.127]
  2. Play Magazine
    Given the obscurity of the original PC engine origins and all the extras that play to true fans, Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles is an esoteric gem. [Oct 2007, p.92]
  3. Electronic Gaming Monthly
    Classic "Rondo" alone would be a great budget title for virgin Western audiences; adding a remake and "Symphony" turns this into a no-brainer. [Nov 2007, p.120]