Class of Heroes PSP

• Publisher: Atlus
  • Release Date: Jun 9, 2009
7.4

1. Feb 4, 2013
    Class of Heroes is a pretty basic JRPG, using a first person view. Imagine if the classic role playing game Wizardry with a ridiculous difficulty scale. This game is simply hard to be hard and can get frustrating as hell very quickly.
  2. Oct 26, 2013
    At first I was excited,this game was in a very small niche of RPGs I love (School-themed RPGs).I started to create my character (A bit disappointing,as I love the story school-themed RPGs seem to offer) but I carried on,creating my full party.
    The first thing I noticed was the annoying class system,there should have been a option to quickly select a possible class without doing a lot of math in my head,but the writing and art kept me playing.
    Once I entered the first dungeon and had my first battle,I just had to put the game down,the battle system was confusing,it was hard to keep track of who got hit and who needed healing,the battle also went on forever,almost 3 minutes for the first encounter..
    After I finished it I assumed I needed to buy the better equipment,but the store weapons/armor where extremely expensive.
    As a whole,this game is basically a Bards tale meets Magical starsign.
    This game only really suffers from "ATLUS" syndrome,they make a totally unremarkable RPG,add a special gimmick and then make it extremely tedious and hard to make it seem like the game is original.
  3. ThomasK.
    Jun 9, 2009
    This game is beyond awesome. The creativity that spikes this magnificent gaming masterpiece is just outstanding. I just bought this game this morning(after pre-ordering it) and instantly fell in love with it. The different classes and races just adds to the enjoyment. Now my level 25 Dwarf Mage is grouped up with a bunch of my friends that I named after my real friends. This is a game This game is beyond awesome. The creativity that spikes this magnificent gaming masterpiece is just outstanding. I just bought this game this morning(after pre-ordering it) and instantly fell in love with it. The different classes and races just adds to the enjoyment. Now my level 25 Dwarf Mage is grouped up with a bunch of my friends that I named after my real friends. This is a game that I would recommend to just about anyone who loves RPG games. Beware though the game is very difficult in the very beginning! Besides that it still is my favorite PSP game of all time! Expand
  4. ArisR.
    Jun 10, 2009
    At first, i was happy to create my own characters with custom stats, races, and talents.... the fun ended there. First going into the dungeon was like a really boring version of Dark Spire. The characters mini stat windows often made it difficult to see who needed healing and there was little excitement in just pressing X after awhile. I'll admit, ive been spoiled by Atlas's At first, i was happy to create my own characters with custom stats, races, and talents.... the fun ended there. First going into the dungeon was like a really boring version of Dark Spire. The characters mini stat windows often made it difficult to see who needed healing and there was little excitement in just pressing X after awhile. I'll admit, ive been spoiled by Atlas's prior offerings of grid based combat, but this for me was below par. Frankly, if i wanted to delve into hardcore RPG, the time playing this game would be best spent starting a far more exciting paper and dice game of D&D. Expand

If you've been aching for a hardcore RPG experience on the PSP, go to class. [Apr 2009, p.83]
  2. Niche-dwelling masochists will thrive on mastering the murky depths of Heroes, but everyone else should throw a smoke bomb and run away. [July 2009, p.83]
    Class of Heroes is about the gameplay, though, not the story or visuals or sound, and it triumphs magnificently.