8.8

1. WilliamG.
    Jun 25, 2010
    Really love Coconut Dodge, smart graphics, addictive gameplay, and awesome sounds. A great pick-me-up-n-go game
  2. TheDeathAvenger
    Jul 2, 2010
    One of the best Minis I have played. It's very simple to understand the concept; collect gold + diamonds + rubies, play keepie uppies with the occasional beach ball, while avoiding falling coconuts at all costs (unless you're wearing a Viking hat, of course). Oh and there are maze sections (made up of falling coconuts), which you need to traverse, question is will you go the One of the best Minis I have played. It's very simple to understand the concept; collect gold + diamonds + rubies, play keepie uppies with the occasional beach ball, while avoiding falling coconuts at all costs (unless you're wearing a Viking hat, of course). Oh and there are maze sections (made up of falling coconuts), which you need to traverse, question is will you go the easier gold-filled route or try to grab more valuable loot by going the harder diamond-filled route? As I was saying, simple. The initial version of this game was lacking in features, thankfully the amazing team behind this game put in even more hard work to resolve the annoyances (no option to have more than one life, no option to play the mazes separately (which meant getting to a new maze and dying because you hadn't been able to practise it), no option to play 'keepie uppies' (i'm talking about the beach ball, obviously). There is of course more improvements that could have been made, mainly mapping the fastest speed (currently double tap and hold X) to a button of its own (most likely square). Hopefully the team will release an updated version, that allows you to use the square button for the fastest mode, but even if they don't, Coconut Dodge (as it's currently called) is more than worth the asking price. Expand
  3. SteveM.
    Jun 25, 2010
    Very addictive and great to pass between mates and try compete for high score, which I have at the moment!
  4. SoloTheHutt
    Jun 29, 2010
    Looks simple , yet it's addictive and FUN. Perfect for 'just one more go' ...
  5. MattW.
    Jul 4, 2010
    Coconut Dodge is an intriguing game. The core concept is disarmingly straightforward, based upon simple game mechanics that have been present in many of the arcade video game greats over the years. You control a small crab at the bottom of the screen, moving left-to-right to either avoid or collect falling objects. That is essentially it. And it's wonderful! :-) The graphics are Coconut Dodge is an intriguing game. The core concept is disarmingly straightforward, based upon simple game mechanics that have been present in many of the arcade video game greats over the years. You control a small crab at the bottom of the screen, moving left-to-right to either avoid or collect falling objects. That is essentially it. And it's wonderful! :-) The graphics are bright, clear and pleasant to look at. There is clever differentiation between the items you need to avoid (coconuts) and the items you need to collect (jewels etc) using clear differences in the shape and colour of each item. This is important because you'll soon find that you'll need to steer your crab through some tight squeezes and it helps to be able to unambiguously distinguish between different objects at speed. The music is cheerful, repetitive and incredibly addictive, which works well with this sort of game. The core game mode provides you with 3 lives and the challenge is to survive as long as possible and rack up the highest score you can. As you progress you will unlock coconut mazes, which can be replayed at will in the Maze Master game mode. Trust me, you'll need to do this in order to practice & refine your skills. When you hit a coconut in the main game mode (and you will) you lose a life. When you do though, you become invulnerable for a short time, which helps you coast past the tricky part that killed you. Don't think that the game is easy though, because it certainly is not. There are some secret additional game modes to be found, but I won't spoil them here! ;-) Needless to say the 'easter egg' game modes are great fun (one is absolutely eeeevil!!). The initial release of the game received tremendously positive public support. The developers (FuturLab) maintained close contact with the community during this time and gathered feedback regarding the refinements that people wanted to see. FuturLab recently issued an update/patch which introduced the most popular requested improvements (such as extra lives) and included some delightfully unexpected bonuses (such as extra game modes). It's incredibly pleasing to see the developers listen & respond to feedback from the community in this way. It's clear that Coconut Dodge was conceived in love by the development team. It's a finely tuned game, crafted by people who love the game. Coconut Dodge is fantastic value for money, especially as you will invest hours upon hours in 'just-one-more-go' gameplay marathons trying to beat your high scores and those devilish mazes! ;-) This game is most definitely recommended for all players, young and old. Collapse
  6. ZachR.
    Jun 25, 2010
    This game is really awesome. It's my favorite Mini, and I own over 20 different Minis. Honestly, from the videos, it looks like a really basic game, but it's seriously not. It's super addictive, and has lots of challenging gameplay. For the low price, it's a steal. And quite frankly, the best steal on the PSN!!
  7. JestynL.
    Jun 25, 2010
    Excellent skill based game. Really frustratingly addictive, with polished levels.
  8. Johng
    Jun 25, 2010
    This game is awesome! So simple but so addictive, reminds me of the simplicity of my Amiga / Megadrive days! With the update just released as well the game is even better!!!
  9. JohnS.
    Jun 28, 2010
    The most infuriatingly addictive, one-more-go-a-thon I've ever played.... Like some sort of hellish torture I keep going back to by choice... perfectly pitched. Not easy by any stretch but not so hard it stops you Playing... must... stop... to... eat... Ahh who am I kidding one more go
  10. AlexD.
    Jun 28, 2010
    probably my favourite mini of all time =D it may sound simple but it's challenging, rewarding and a whole lot of fun ^^
  11. KateM.
    Jun 28, 2010
    Love it! This game is addictive and is massive fun without being complicated. I have found it the perfect chillout game!
  12. CharlieG.
    Jun 28, 2010
    Very contagious- and being a girl, I love that cute little crab!!!!
  13. NiccolòM.
    Jul 8, 2010
    It's a simple but addicting game.
  14. MartinR.
    Jun 25, 2010
    A joyous summer breeze of a game. Coconut Dodge is simple, and its concept is summed up succinctly in the title. There are some coconuts. You, a crab, must dodge them. But it's brilliance is in the execution - a hummable soundtrack married with vibrant visuals makes this hugely enjoyable, and it's got an addictive quality too. Get it now!
  15. CraigC.
    Jun 25, 2010
    really fun little well priced game

And that's the thing, really. You'll either really like Coconut Dodge for the addictive score-chase, or you'll be bored with it's one mechanic. Buy accordingly.
  2. Finally a PSP mini where the developers add another update to please the gamer. Diligent and favorable! This game is addictive but doesn't offer variety. Solid game, little price.
  3. Gameplay here is simple, but it definitely has that "one more go" feel about it to see if you can get further than you ever have in the main game.