8.6

1. Coq
    Nov 7, 2013
    This game has the single worst gameplay ''mechanic'' I have ever seen. I wanted to get my hands on this game for years being a die-hard FFVII fan, and when I finally did I barely lasted an excruciating hour and before realizing I was bored as hell.
    I tried playing several times since then and every time I can manage a single battle before throwing the game away in annoyance. The plot
    might be the redeeming factor of this game, but at this point I'll just watch the videos on YouTube, it'll save me the atrocious gameplay.
    What I'd like to know is who the hell thought the DMW was a good idea? A random slot that takes up half the screen, spins by itself and give you random bonuses at random times with long, unskippable animations!?!?
    Maybe I could have accepted it as just a bad idea IF it wasn't so crucial. But that freaking slots control bonuses statuses, limit breaks, summons and....LEVELLING!?!? Indeed, there is no EXP in this game, you randomly level up at random times while playing. So rewarding. /facepalm
    Ugh

1. Again, it’s nice to see the duality of the FFVII games, (it is Zack that falls into Aerith’s church this time), and a genuine attempt to develop the universe so many of us love, but simplifying the battle system, story and general style of discovery and transport leaves Crisis Core being a welcome spin off, but no replacement for a real sequel.
    Whether you’re a Sephiroth obsessive, or whether you couldn’t tell your Aerith from your Angeal, Crisis Core is an excellent action RPG, and it’s certainly among the best the PSP has to offer.
    Crisis Core has an addictive quality about it because you really need to know what happens next, and you’ll most certainly want to see the next glorious cutscene.