Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII PSP

7.9

1. Jul 23, 2016
    It's a brain dead arpg with repetitive terrible music, poor customization, weak itemization, repetitive as hell and fruity lame characters. It's unbearable.
  2. DP.
    May 19, 2008
    The graphics are gorgeous. The gameplay - not so much. From annoying controls, a camera that gets stuck on walls, to literally random advancement via a game mechanism that steals control during combat, the gameplay just isn't up to par. It could have been so much better.
  3. ZemZega
    Mar 24, 2008
    as fan servise this game is a fans wet dream, as a game it sucks like a vacume on steriods. this is how it works:pretty cut scene then mindless button mash battles that can be completeed without even looking at the screen, then cut scene repet. don't get me wronge it's prety to look at but it's just not a lot of fun to play. even the side quests suck. go to a area lookingas fan servise this game is a fans wet dream, as a game it sucks like a vacume on steriods. this is how it works:pretty cut scene then mindless button mash battles that can be completeed without even looking at the screen, then cut scene repet. don't get me wronge it's prety to look at but it's just not a lot of fun to play. even the side quests suck. go to a area looking for a monster then kill it. don't buy this game unless you want to waid through sucky combat for a boring story. though i have to say fans you'll look right past it's flaws to see "the hidden dimond". Expand
  4. MarcH.
    Mar 25, 2008
    Meh its not all that great and its stupid the fact that everyone thinks it should get this about average rating all because it says final fantasy VII on the box its pathetic and the game is mediocre.
  5. RJ
    Mar 31, 2008
    Boring, this is like some attempt to make money off of the the huge popularity of FFVII. This prequel sucks. Sorry, You can't always expect 'amazing' reviews for these kinds of games.
  6. Man
    Mar 25, 2008
    Well i can sum up my feelings of this game with a big meh. Buy it only if you like androgyny.
  7. CharlieA.x
    Nov 13, 2008
    TAll the people saying that the fans will be bias and like the game because its a Final Fantasy 7 prequel are completely wrong! This game has taken ff7's plot and just crapped all over and I'm sure any true ff7 fan will agree. The compilation of FF7 is slowly ruining the original brilliance of the game! the battle system sucks I mean the DMW system!!?!!? what the hell!?!?!? its TAll the people saying that the fans will be bias and like the game because its a Final Fantasy 7 prequel are completely wrong! This game has taken ff7's plot and just crapped all over and I'm sure any true ff7 fan will agree. The compilation of FF7 is slowly ruining the original brilliance of the game! the battle system sucks I mean the DMW system!!?!!? what the hell!?!?!? its completely random! and takes time to watch boring moves where Zack makes anoying cocky comments in the process. The plot does'nt make sense and fits in no way at all to FF7's this game should have been actually comsidered not just thrown together after 2 minuites thinking. Saying that the fans of ff7 will like this game is a joke. ff7 should have be left alone as the most great rpg ever made instead square are milking it for all its worth and destroying it in the process THIS GAME IS ABSOLUTE NOTHING TO DO WITH FF7!!! Expand
  8. Jun 29, 2011
    The most boring game of Square-Enix in PSP.
    I'm disappointed.
    The battles are horrible.
    The graphics are the best of the game, the rest...without words
  9. Coq
    Nov 7, 2013
    This game has the single worst gameplay ''mechanic'' I have ever seen. I wanted to get my hands on this game for years being a die-hard FFVII fan, and when I finally did I barely lasted an excruciating hour and before realizing I was bored as hell.
    I tried playing several times since then and every time I can manage a single battle before throwing the game away in annoyance. The plot might be the redeeming factor of this game, but at this point I'll just watch the videos on YouTube, it'll save me the atrocious gameplay.
    What I'd like to know is who the hell thought the DMW was a good idea? A random slot that takes up half the screen, spins by itself and give you random bonuses at random times with long, unskippable animations!?!?
    Maybe I could have accepted it as just a bad idea IF it wasn't so crucial. But that freaking slots control bonuses statuses, limit breaks, summons and....LEVELLING!?!? Indeed, there is no EXP in this game, you randomly level up at random times while playing. So rewarding. /facepalm
    Ugh

#1 Most Discussed PSP Game of 2008
#3 Most Shared PSP Game of 2008

1. Again, it’s nice to see the duality of the FFVII games, (it is Zack that falls into Aerith’s church this time), and a genuine attempt to develop the universe so many of us love, but simplifying the battle system, story and general style of discovery and transport leaves Crisis Core being a welcome spin off, but no replacement for a real sequel.
    Whether you’re a Sephiroth obsessive, or whether you couldn’t tell your Aerith from your Angeal, Crisis Core is an excellent action RPG, and it’s certainly among the best the PSP has to offer.
    Crisis Core has an addictive quality about it because you really need to know what happens next, and you’ll most certainly want to see the next glorious cutscene.