Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII PSP

8.6

1. Jan 20, 2012
    I like Zack Fair. It has great graphics and gameplay. Controls are very smooth. I often laugh about Zack's crushes in the game. Aerith and Tifa were so young and beautiful back then.
  2. Sonnorcteer
    Mar 7, 2009
    This is the most awesome handheld game i have ever played ever, probs even with Patapon. This game is incredibly addictive and everything about it is awesome. can't see what people don't like about the story. the battle system is great and the end emotional. Amazing, beats Gods of War easily in my opinion, no conest.
  3. Dec 25, 2013
    Fighting system is very addictive. Amazing soundtrack with brilliant guitar pieces. Story provides some good sections but mostly it's unfocused and questionable.
  4. Spikenoname
    Oct 8, 2008
    This is the best handheld game i have ever seen and played!!! it had me hooked the minute i seen how the battle system would play and with how the graphics never failed to show emotion!
  5. VoornaamA.
    Apr 3, 2008
    Great graphics, Great battlesystem, great Story. Must have for all PSP owners!
  6. Aug 7, 2013
    best psp game hands down from graphics to gambling system to shinra misions that were appealing for that game beacuse zack is from soldier 9 out of 10
  7. BrandonF.
    Sep 2, 2008
    I feel like a lot of the "professional" critics have undervalued Crisis Core. If Crisis Core isn't deserving of at least a 9 out of ten, then tell me what game on the psp is? God of War? Please... There are so many worthless and mind-numbingly boring games for psp that Crisis Core needs to be celebrated. The only thinking lacking from Crisis Core is that the game eventually ends.
  8. SteveM.
    Apr 9, 2008
    Wow, I really needed to chime in here. This game so deserves a 10. I could accept a 9 or an 8, but for RPG fans and FF7 fans, it's a 10. If you haven't played FF7 recently or ever, do yourself a favor and read the whole plot on Wikipedia, as it will help your appreciation for this game. I'm not an FF7 fan boy, but I enjoyed that game alot, and this game is a worthy prequel. Wow, I really needed to chime in here. This game so deserves a 10. I could accept a 9 or an 8, but for RPG fans and FF7 fans, it's a 10. If you haven't played FF7 recently or ever, do yourself a favor and read the whole plot on Wikipedia, as it will help your appreciation for this game. I'm not an FF7 fan boy, but I enjoyed that game alot, and this game is a worthy prequel. As an RPG, it deviates from the norm, but I think it's great that square is experimenting. The whole package, audio and visuals, are remarkable, and the story is really great, even though it's a little weird at times, so is every story to every Final Fantasy, and I don't have a problem with that. So I'm going to take this opportunity to make two comments: One, it's English dubbed, they did a good job, all you american teenagers who think you're Japanese, you're not, get over yourselves, play this game. Two, the DMW causes the nature of battles to be random in part, embrace it, it's neat, stop complaining, you can play with the materia all day if you want. This game is utterly awesome, and take your time with it and the game will go much farther than review sites are saying. Great, great game. And on the PSP no less. Expand
  9. KevinR
    Jun 6, 2008
    This games well done storyline and interesting, yet somewhat mundane combat system give life to a franchise that I never was much of a fan of to begin with.
  10. DaltonB.
    Mar 30, 2008
    Game is incredible, Graphics are second to none. However, it can get a little bit repetitive with the pretty easy fighting system. They definitely make up for it though with the storyline and cool little odds and ends throughout the game, once you start you'll put it down once you're fully complete with the game. Goes into my top 3 final fantasy games of all times.
  11. JohnathanO.
    Apr 4, 2008
    Best final fantasy game out there rite now, great game for any PSP owner.
  12. insanekid
    Oct 6, 2007
    Ii got the Japanese Crisis Core bundle, which is fine. Everything in it is perfect. But the game itself? Let me take a quick minute to explain.

Firstly, the battling... it's just an action-rpg, hitting 'O' all the time makes you win a battle. The left and right shoulder pad switches between your 'attack'', ''materia or magic'' and 'items'. But i dont really understand how to use materia or magic as the game isn't english.. but it doesn't take a genius to work out that winning battles is just too simple and boring. The battles are disappointing to me. I'd much rather they brought back turn-based battles for Crisis Core, because FF7 was all about turn-based battles, i dont think it would have felt right without them.

And now onto the RPG part of things. It's not proving to be an 'RPG' as such. Whereas in FF7 , it was like Grand Theft Auto in the way you could literally walk about and go anywhere on a map. Crisis Core is more like: choose a mission, do a mission, start a new mission, do a mission. On your missions you get to see different places, e.g Bone Village, but it doesn't feel right because there is no freedom. You hit invisible walls when the game doesn't want you to go somewhere. Sure, every game has invisible walls, but they're so close together. I wish they basically used the same map and way of travelling as FF7, because it doesn't feel like an FF7 game.

After an epic fight with Bahamut (graphics are unbelievable), you're in bone village, and some unknown airship bombs bone village, making it errupt into fire. It's been a long time since i played FF7 right through, but i dont know the significance of why Bone Village has been bombed/destroyed. It doesn't help that the game is Japanese either. After that, Genesis appears with his one wing (one winged angel?) i dont understand Genesis's role in FF7 too well, so i'm gonna have to do research on that.

So at the moment, i feel the game is very very limited, the battle system isn't good (dont get me started on the DWM [Digital Mind Wave], because thats a whole bunch of crap). So far, the only thing saving Crisis Core is the graphics and sound.

Random battles are back, but they dont use any loading time, they just appear and you fight them. So unlike FF12, you can't avoid them. I think you can run, but i've not figured out how to do so, so i've fought everything.

I'm a FF7 fanboy and own all the games etc, but i'm fairly disappointed with the game. Probably because it doesn't feel like an FF7 game. I think until an FF7 remake is announced for the PS3, this is justa filler title to pave the way. Hardcore fans will like it, and hopefully new fans will start here too. Still giving this game an 8 out of 10 for reasons mentioned, i'm sure it'll be much more interesting once the translation is made.
  13. StephenT.
    Sep 13, 2007
    Great story, graphics, and excellent music. The only problem if any is the camera angle while facing multiple foes. its nothing major but you can lose sight of zack the original kingdom hearts. monsters randomly appear like in kingdom hearts and the summons and limit breaks are awesome. Best final fantasy game in years.
  14. JohV.
    Mar 25, 2008
    Brilliance in the palms of your hands.
  15. RoberT.
    Mar 26, 2008
    I found this game to be the second best game on the psp next to GOWO. The graphics are out of this world. al thought game play is really easy and repeats a lot in the combat, it still has an interesting story and tons of side miossions and 25-30 hours of game play on a PSP is just awesome and it allows you to be mobile with tons of save locations and is paced to allow you to play at I found this game to be the second best game on the psp next to GOWO. The graphics are out of this world. al thought game play is really easy and repeats a lot in the combat, it still has an interesting story and tons of side miossions and 25-30 hours of game play on a PSP is just awesome and it allows you to be mobile with tons of save locations and is paced to allow you to play at anytime and stop with ease to restart it up again, this is a must have and in my opinion this will be a PSP mover this spring. A must own in my library. Expand
  16. Ashe
    Mar 26, 2008
    An amazing story, wonderful characters you can connect to, fun gameplay, amazing graphics, fantastic music, great dialog and hours and hours of time spent playing your PSP. A worthy addition to the FFVII franchise. It lived up to all of my expectations and has at times surpasses them. A game not to be missed by any Final Fantasy fan or anyone who loves RPGs.
  17. MillertimeH.
    Mar 26, 2008
    I was highly anticipating this title to come out and I can say I was not disappointed in the least. The combat system is incredibly fun and keeps you on your toes when trying to cycle through your attacks or items. The story line is great and cinematic are amazing for the PSP.
  18. LogicalGamer
    Mar 28, 2008
    Great game, the combat is a tad on the easy side but its made up for in graphics, storyline, and overall presentation. Crisis Core and Chains of Olypmus right now are the stand out killer-aps for the PSP. On a side note, I think its hilarious that the lowest review for this game came from G4TV.. saying that the dialogue frequently doesn't make sense... a phrase that often best Great game, the combat is a tad on the easy side but its made up for in graphics, storyline, and overall presentation. Crisis Core and Chains of Olypmus right now are the stand out killer-aps for the PSP. On a side note, I think its hilarious that the lowest review for this game came from G4TV.. saying that the dialogue frequently doesn't make sense... a phrase that often best describes G4 in general. Expand
  19. AustinB.
    Mar 28, 2008
    This game is incredible! A must have for PSP owners and FF fans alike!
  20. KazuyaM.
    Mar 4, 2008
    I played JPN version and this game was awesome, eventhough it has some boring moments. It has nice combat system and overally rich gameplay. One of the best PSP titles so far. I have to play it again when USA version is released.
  21. Mat
    Apr 2, 2008
    Great story and incredible action gameplay - if you play it on Hard mode! Do yourself a favor and don't play it on normal, because then it becomes a repetitive button masher.
  22. ???KKK
    Apr 4, 2008
    I LOVE THE GAME!!! even though i didnt get to play through ff7 properly this game makes me want to play it again. The graphics are amazing absolutely explicit, voice overs and story simply a brilliant game. Trust me i used to hate rpg until i played ffx ,then i thought no game could be as good as that then ff8 then 9 now crisis core is my favourite well worth all ffs i think are a greatI LOVE THE GAME!!! even though i didnt get to play through ff7 properly this game makes me want to play it again. The graphics are amazing absolutely explicit, voice overs and story simply a brilliant game. Trust me i used to hate rpg until i played ffx ,then i thought no game could be as good as that then ff8 then 9 now crisis core is my favourite well worth all ffs i think are a great hit even if i beat like 5 of them
    WARNING *SPOILERS*
    I hate how zack dies in the end of the game and how Aerith dies in FF7 really kills me,
  23. ToddC.
    Apr 7, 2008
    Fabulous Game! Necessary for all FF enthusiasts!
  24. ZackF.
    Apr 8, 2008
    The best PSP game out now with amazing gameplay.
  25. VincentV.
    Apr 8, 2008
    Has better graphics than most games out for the PsP today, the story fits very nicely with the original Final Fantasy VII. The new dodge and block buttons adds more skill to this Final Fantasy than most of the others. I promise anyone that actually plays this game will enjoy it.
  26. KenT.
    May 16, 2008
    Nice graphics. good gameplay. Cant really find any fault on this game. The only thing I notice is the actual story is too short and too easy to complete. Nevertheless, this is a very good game to spend most of your time levelling up.
  27. AlexA.
    May 31, 2008
    Best psp game ever! This game kept me hooked for hours. I never liked final fantasy because I hate turn based games. This is the first game I felt emotions for, while playing. The story is amazing and never gets old. This was my favorite game until I played the Metal Gear Solid Series. I don't knoiw why this game isn't getting all 9's, because the only thing wrong with it Best psp game ever! This game kept me hooked for hours. I never liked final fantasy because I hate turn based games. This is the first game I felt emotions for, while playing. The story is amazing and never gets old. This was my favorite game until I played the Metal Gear Solid Series. I don't knoiw why this game isn't getting all 9's, because the only thing wrong with it is the camera. Buy this game and if you have a heart you should feel some emotions while playing. Expand
  28. MichaelM.
    May 4, 2008
    This game is a MUST have for anyone who enjoyed the story and world of the original FF7. This game is beautifully rendered, extremely fun to play, etc., but what really shines is the way that they really went back to the FF7 style and told Zack's story masterfully.
  29. DavidW.
    May 6, 2008
    Absolutely amazing! A must have for FF fans. A+++++++
  30. ZaneA.
    Jun 10, 2008
    Don't listen to Critics!! This game is great.
  31. CairahL.
    Aug 17, 2008
    It doesn't matter to me what the critics say, I love this game to pieces. The gameplay is fun and the graphics are gorgeous. And the ending, oh the ending, had me crying my eyes out.
  32. KelL.
    Sep 30, 2008
    Great game and it's the first for me really to work thru. I'm 36, but there isn't any nastalga as insinuated by the prof. reviewers.
  33. CameronP.
    Sep 30, 2008
    as far as crisis core goes it is by far the best game on psp. the graphics are excellent, comparable to some playstation 2 games and the gameplay is 40+ hours making it a long handheld game. I can only think of one minor falw and that is the game is too easy on normal and is very hard on hard so another mode should have been produced nevertheless the game is an essential purchase.
  34. crisi
    May 20, 2009
    This is one of the best games i have ever played.No it's the best game in the world.It's emotional,really sad,and AWESOME.This game mayed me cry at the end and i am not kidding.I was crying so hard that i got my psp almost so wet that it would mess up forever.i've beaten this game like 5 times just to see the ending to it.Cloud is really cool.Cloud is the coolies person on This is one of the best games i have ever played.No it's the best game in the world.It's emotional,really sad,and AWESOME.This game mayed me cry at the end and i am not kidding.I was crying so hard that i got my psp almost so wet that it would mess up forever.i've beaten this game like 5 times just to see the ending to it.Cloud is really cool.Cloud is the coolies person on that game.well Zack is cool to,but Cloud is AWESOME.I liked where Cloud put that sword thru sephiroth.That was AWESOME and INSTANE.I will give this game a TEN ya a TEN. Expand
  35. BrianSeabury
    Sep 5, 2009
    I'm not sure why this would have been given a better metacritic rating. the graphics are phenomenual going beyond even video umd making it look like a portable ps3 game. the fights in crisis core are the most action packed and creative, I've ever seen in a fighting game. Whether it's completely a mission mode or attempting the assault on the castle. The only problems withI'm not sure why this would have been given a better metacritic rating. the graphics are phenomenual going beyond even video umd making it look like a portable ps3 game. the fights in crisis core are the most action packed and creative, I've ever seen in a fighting game. Whether it's completely a mission mode or attempting the assault on the castle. The only problems with the game is the story is slow to pick up but really gets going later in the game, that and I guess it was a bit too hard for me on hard. Damn Sepiroth. Expand
  36. RyanS.
    Jan 27, 2010
    For critics who have said that this game is only for the fans, I have never played a Final Fantasy game before this game. The story is not hard to get into for those who are not familiar with the series already. The story is so engrossing and incredible that it completely sucked me in and enticed me to play the other games in the Final Fantasy VII series. For prospective players, if you For critics who have said that this game is only for the fans, I have never played a Final Fantasy game before this game. The story is not hard to get into for those who are not familiar with the series already. The story is so engrossing and incredible that it completely sucked me in and enticed me to play the other games in the Final Fantasy VII series. For prospective players, if you buy this game, be aware that you will likely end up dropping a lot more money when you rush out to buy the other games in the compilation. Expand
  37. Duncan
    Jan 30, 2010
    this is a brilliant game that takes you on an emotional rollercoaster ride. dont listen to the people who say that this game doesnt fit in with ff7 because it really does as i played this first cmpleted it then downloaded ff7 off psn and the story fitted perfectly as it had zack in it and it reffered to zack alot but about crisis core it is a great game but the one flaw is the dmw it sort this is a brilliant game that takes you on an emotional rollercoaster ride. dont listen to the people who say that this game doesnt fit in with ff7 because it really does as i played this first cmpleted it then downloaded ff7 off psn and the story fitted perfectly as it had zack in it and it reffered to zack alot but about crisis core it is a great game but the one flaw is the dmw it sort of got in the way with me whilst trying to fight but the random interruptions was annoying but didnt ruin the experiance at all ff7 will always be great game and crisis core is there with it Expand
  38. JenniferN.
    Oct 19, 2007
    This is one hell of a game! Extremely addictive, lovely presentation, graphics, gameplay, and sound, the only downfall it has is camera angles in battles can be so frustrating at times.
  39. JJJ
    Sep 17, 2007
    This game is GREAT I cant even understand it but the battling is Soo perfect every thing is assume I give a 10!
  40. FlocusT.
    Jan 4, 2008
    By far one of the best RPG's on the PSP to date. I love the FF series but I've always preferred the more gritty pace and reflex and timing based action of realtime combat over turn-based fighting. I'm glad Square brought back the realtime action from FFXII for this one.
  41. ZavierC.
    Feb 25, 2008
    This game seems absolutely amazing. The unique gameplay that Square has created easily allows Crisis Core to top most of the PSP games already available. Even though most Final Fantasy fans already know the story of Zack, it's nice for Square to allow us to go more in-depth to this amazing story. Along with the story, there's the graphics. Best graphics I have seen on -any- PSP This game seems absolutely amazing. The unique gameplay that Square has created easily allows Crisis Core to top most of the PSP games already available. Even though most Final Fantasy fans already know the story of Zack, it's nice for Square to allow us to go more in-depth to this amazing story. Along with the story, there's the graphics. Best graphics I have seen on -any- PSP game. The only problem I have heard of, from the Japanese ports, was the fact that the battles were sort of easy. As long as the story is good, I could really care less! Expand
  42. Squall
    Mar 20, 2008
    Fast paced awesomeness! Great story, amazing graphics for the PSP, and very likeable characters. Makes a nice change from playing the slower (but still great) predecessors!
  43. AlanL.
    Mar 25, 2008
    The only PSP Games I played more than 2 hours, and that includes God of War! I just love this game, and hate all other FF games, except XII, and maybe XIII...
  44. KillravenM.
    Mar 27, 2008
    After the disappointing pile of crap that was last month's Lost Odyssey, it's good to see that FF is once again just around the corner to show the pretender and thieves how it's done. A truly remarkable title in nearly every respect.
  45. DominicF.
    Aug 6, 2008
    Very cool game especially the end almost brought me to tears not only the best game i have every played on PSP best game i ever played. Really got in to it at the end if you want to spent $40 good game to spend it on!!
  46. LukeD.
    Nov 1, 2007
    Unlike other entries in the FFVII Collection, Crisis Core is an amazing complement to Square's original masterpiece, adding a solid backstory and also offering great gameplay. If you're like me and you play the game more for the story than the gameplay itself, you won't be disappointed. It's the best feeling to see the old FFVII scenes recreated with the PSP's Unlike other entries in the FFVII Collection, Crisis Core is an amazing complement to Square's original masterpiece, adding a solid backstory and also offering great gameplay. If you're like me and you play the game more for the story than the gameplay itself, you won't be disappointed. It's the best feeling to see the old FFVII scenes recreated with the PSP's graphics. This game does not disappoint. Expand
  47. Apr 12, 2011
    Probably the best PSP game I have played. One of the few games where the controls make sense. This game captures the FF7 feel and atmosphere and brings it to modern day gaming.
  48. Feb 10, 2011
    The best final fantasy game i played. I played final fantasy before and this one is my favorite. All the final fantasy story I played was great. The gameplay for this game is excellent. Very great job with the game play. The graphics is psp best. I think this game is psp best looking game. This is my favorite psp game. I think this should be on everybody top 5 or 10 best psp games of allThe best final fantasy game i played. I played final fantasy before and this one is my favorite. All the final fantasy story I played was great. The gameplay for this game is excellent. Very great job with the game play. The graphics is psp best. I think this game is psp best looking game. This is my favorite psp game. I think this should be on everybody top 5 or 10 best psp games of all time. I recommend this to everyone. I enjoy playing this game a lot. Expand
  49. Feb 27, 2011
    I give it an 8 because the graphics are pretty good, but the gameplay gets very repetetive. A good thing about this game is you cant control the DMW. I would not like to control a slot machine while fighting monsters :p
  50. Aug 11, 2012
    I'm a huge fan of Final Fantasy 7, but I did not like this as much as the original game. I think the combat system was a big let down, and only controlling one character really made it feel less engaging. All in all, I beat the game and was touched by the end result of the story, but would of been happier if it was better. This game is worth buying nonetheless, and is one of the best PSPI'm a huge fan of Final Fantasy 7, but I did not like this as much as the original game. I think the combat system was a big let down, and only controlling one character really made it feel less engaging. All in all, I beat the game and was touched by the end result of the story, but would of been happier if it was better. This game is worth buying nonetheless, and is one of the best PSP games out. Expand
  51. Aug 11, 2012
    Excellent sequel (prequel) to FF7. Best installment of FF7 reunion project and possibly the best Final Fantasy to come after Hironobu Sagacuchi left Squaresoft.

Story and characters are interesting and new characters like Angeal, feels like he was from original Final Fantasy 7 and he serves FF7 canon extremely well. In fact, Angeals design was originally planned for Cloud. Angeals, Zacks and Sephiroths relationship is believable. Only character that feels out of place is Genesis, but he works quite well as an antagonist, when player is concentrating on Zacks story.

When player gets to events that was seen as an flashback in FF7, it is hard to let PSP down. Without spoilers, I can say Crisis Cores ending is one of the best ever seen in Final Fantasy series.

Battle system is fantastic! Materias are back people, they're back. People whine about the slot-machine, but it is simply there to emulate other party members and unlike people claim, it is not random. It is launched by HP, AP and MP. I recommend this to everyone!
  52. JackC.
    Apr 5, 2008
    This game rocks, it has one of the best tradeoffs of turn based vs real time battle systems for a single player, fantastic cinematics, a straight forward equipment system and although intended to fill story holes the story of angleal and genesis are told almost wholly in this installment and are beyond moving. Despite the odd quirky translation this game ranks as one of my favorite Final This game rocks, it has one of the best tradeoffs of turn based vs real time battle systems for a single player, fantastic cinematics, a straight forward equipment system and although intended to fill story holes the story of angleal and genesis are told almost wholly in this installment and are beyond moving. Despite the odd quirky translation this game ranks as one of my favorite Final Fantasy titles (just above IX) G4 TV obviously know F-all what theyre talking about Expand
  53. JimB.
    Mar 28, 2008
    I approached this game with considerable trepidation after FF7: Dirge of Cerberus and found myself very pleasantly surprised. The graphics are mind-blowingly impressive, the gameplay fast-paced and fun, the voice acting above average, the cutscenes gorgeously animated, and the story very well-told and dripping with nostalgia. Take care: this is not a game for someone who has never played I approached this game with considerable trepidation after FF7: Dirge of Cerberus and found myself very pleasantly surprised. The graphics are mind-blowingly impressive, the gameplay fast-paced and fun, the voice acting above average, the cutscenes gorgeously animated, and the story very well-told and dripping with nostalgia. Take care: this is not a game for someone who has never played Final Fantasy VII... but with millions of fans, why would it need to be? Crisis Core, like Advent Children, is fan-service at its best. A definite must-play for FF7 lovers! Expand
  54. Angelbane
    Mar 28, 2008
    The fighting system is more interactive than in the other Final fantasy games. It plays a lot like Kingdom Hearts, but not as fast paced and has a unique roulette system. As you build friendship with other characters you earn them in the DMW (not sure what it stands for). The DMW is a list of all the characters you have come across or will come across. As you unlock them you earn their The fighting system is more interactive than in the other Final fantasy games. It plays a lot like Kingdom Hearts, but not as fast paced and has a unique roulette system. As you build friendship with other characters you earn them in the DMW (not sure what it stands for). The DMW is a list of all the characters you have come across or will come across. As you unlock them you earn their attacks in the roulette. For example: You start out with Angeal and Sephiroth in your DMW. If the roulette rolls 3 Sephiroths you will use Octoslash Lv.xx. The reason I put Lv.xx is because (from my understanding) there's a random number for each line-up. I think they add the numbers and divide by 3 to decide the Lv. of the skill. There is no experience gain in this game. Nor is there a way to level up your materia through experience or a certain number of uses. Materia level up when a certain number combination is formed in the roulette. And Zack (the main character of this game) does not level up through training or experience either. Instead, If you're lucky to roll three 7's in the roulette you automatically level up. Do not be discouraged from the lack of weapons in the beginning. About an hour into the game you get to do missions from a save point and earn accessories and probably weapons. I don't really know right now since I haven't gotten any from it yet, but I did get a few items that are worth quite a pretty penny. Look forward to another review after I finish the game. But I must say if you own a PSP and don't have anything worth playing pick up Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII. To be honest, I don't think there's anything else worth playing on a PSP other than music. Expand
  55. JohnJ.
    Mar 28, 2008
    Amazing graphics, great story, interesting gameplay.
  56. SkyzeS.
    Mar 28, 2008
    For anyone who isn't a wannabe critic out looking for stuff wrong with it(there is very little if any to be found) this game is all that for a ff7 fan and a bag. Beautiful graphics for psp, at some points rivaling that of the first kingdom hearts. Gameplay as addicting as cocaine and a story thats hard to stop playing. NO worries, the 15-20 hour story keeps you gripped, and the 350+ For anyone who isn't a wannabe critic out looking for stuff wrong with it(there is very little if any to be found) this game is all that for a ff7 fan and a bag. Beautiful graphics for psp, at some points rivaling that of the first kingdom hearts. Gameplay as addicting as cocaine and a story thats hard to stop playing. NO worries, the 15-20 hour story keeps you gripped, and the 350+ bonus missions offer more fun than you would think, giving more than enough unlockables. No lag, runs beyond smooth, and the CG battle sequences will cause orgasims. This game is THE must own title for the psp! Expand
  57. Rinface
    Mar 31, 2008
    I thought this game was the best one out of the other games! The graphics were so amazing, this was not a disappointment! great game!
  58. TylerM.
    Apr 14, 2008
    Clearly the best of the Compilation of FF7 (to date, anyway) and my favorite PSP game so far. Great gameplay, great story and an ending that will make you cry.
  59. RobertD.
    Apr 6, 2008
    It's really not that GREAT of a game... but the visuals are amazing, and I am an addicted FF7 fan boy, so that helps a lot. The game play is simply mechanized to make it easy to just pick up and play a few missions, and the customization and power leveling you are able to do just boggles my mind. I find myself transfixed during cutscenes, with plenty of "HOLY @#@$! so THAT's why It's really not that GREAT of a game... but the visuals are amazing, and I am an addicted FF7 fan boy, so that helps a lot. The game play is simply mechanized to make it easy to just pick up and play a few missions, and the customization and power leveling you are able to do just boggles my mind. I find myself transfixed during cutscenes, with plenty of "HOLY @#@$! so THAT's why it happened..." when reminiscing fondly of the FF7 glory days. Ultimately, if you are a fan of the Final Fantasy VII series (as it is now a series), then you will love this game. If you are a casual passerby, you'll definitely find something to like about this game; it just might not be as much as some of us. Expand
  60. AlexC.
    Apr 9, 2008
    Absolutely incredible! it just makes you wonder if a remake of Final Fantasy 7 is in the making, i mean they already have to right tools to do it. This game is worth every penny. If your looking for that stand out PSP game, this one is way ahead of the pack. To put it simple, it's just simply amazing.
  61. Danny
    Jul 1, 2008
    I have to throw in my man card on this one and say that this game almost brought me to tears. Epic story and gameplay.
  62. SharpS.
    Jul 14, 2008
    The DMW I hate that thing. FF7: CC is in all fairness a prequel to FF7, if you did not like FF7 then chances are you will be biased and not like this game. Crisis Core was made for fans of FF7 to deepen the relationship with the characters and forge a better understanding of the story. I myself enjoyed the game for the nostalgic memories it brought to me and the plot, which at times was The DMW I hate that thing. FF7: CC is in all fairness a prequel to FF7, if you did not like FF7 then chances are you will be biased and not like this game. Crisis Core was made for fans of FF7 to deepen the relationship with the characters and forge a better understanding of the story. I myself enjoyed the game for the nostalgic memories it brought to me and the plot, which at times was confusing but is expected when translating from one language to another. The battle system is not my favorite I prefer turn based system much like FF7 although I think a FFX system would have worked better here. The story is immersing and the characters are likable. all together It is not the shining pearl of the Final Fantasy universe but it is a good game and I think deserves a deal of respect. 9 out of 10. Expand
  63. JohnY
    Aug 21, 2008
    Game is amazing! Graphics are unbelievable. Never played a final fantasy game before but loved this one!! I played it non stop after I got it. Worth the $40 but get it on ebay for less. I didn't have computer access but played my brothers and couldn't wait, had to get it, even if it was $40.
  64. CameronK.
    Mar 25, 2008
    honestly the greatest game ive ever played smooth battle system lots of variety awesome cutscenes and very smooth for the psp great work square keep it up!
  65. B.T.Robertson
    Mar 26, 2008
    FMV spell cut scenes are amazing; voice acting is a bit sluggish and awkward, but the battle system is unique and the new action-oriented style is very fresh and works well; the storyline is very unique and shows some depth dimension for pre-FF7 history. All in all, a great game and welcome RPG in a gaming climate that's lacking in quality RPGs these days.
  66. Impulse
    Mar 28, 2008
    One of the best games i have ever played.The anime cut scenes are absolutely amazing, while the gameplay is incredible. The story is awesome and the graphics are awesome. Highly consider buying a PSP for this game.
  67. MatthewMorgan
    Apr 21, 2008
    This is truly an exceptional game! This being my first Final Fantasy game (I know what you're thinking) blew me away alone, and it's on a handheld too! Imagine what it'll be like when I play the others. But anways, I honestly do not know what G4 TV is talking about (they must of had a bad day or something) because this game deserves much needed attention. The graphics are This is truly an exceptional game! This being my first Final Fantasy game (I know what you're thinking) blew me away alone, and it's on a handheld too! Imagine what it'll be like when I play the others. But anways, I honestly do not know what G4 TV is talking about (they must of had a bad day or something) because this game deserves much needed attention. The graphics are superb, especially the cut scenes, as well as the gameplay. The story is very well done and emotional at times as well. So far I have played about 20ish hours and am only 40% done with the side missions. I do take my time, but there are 300 of them (literally). So even if you went through them all quickly it will still take about 10 hours! The main story alone takes an additional 10 hours to complete! It just shows you how much effort was put into this game and I think 4 years of developing it says it all! Anways, enjoy! Expand
  68. FrankieB.
    May 12, 2008
    I have the game it rocks!!! First off the graphics are awsome never seen better! The storyline is great, but it's a little dramatic. The summons are awsome, but 2 of them are hard to find. any way I was told you get to play as sephiroth but you don't. Its still the best psp game ever!
  69. ChristopherS.
    Aug 14, 2008
    I really enjoyed playing the game. it had a nice structure and i love the cinematic as well, and for some reason it keeps me addicted and interested to the point where I'm willing to play it all over again. The one thing I didn't like was when Zack died without seeing Earth. darn shame.
  70. WilliamF.
    Aug 23, 2008
    The graphics are excellent, it blends action into an RPG flawlessly and has an engaging story. A must for any psp owner.
  71. MatthewS
    Mar 17, 2009
    This game is rated far too low by the critics. The graphics are great, story is entertaining, and music is good enough for a soundtrack cd. You will get many hours of enjoyment from this game.
  72. LoganDisney
    Jun 13, 2009
    This, along with the original FFVII, are absolutely, unquestionably the two best games ever made, and the two best games that could ever be made. The graphics of Crisis Core exceed any other game I have seen on PSP, and the story line (which falls perfectly into place with the original story of FFVII) will immediately make you fall in love with the characters. No other games on the PSP This, along with the original FFVII, are absolutely, unquestionably the two best games ever made, and the two best games that could ever be made. The graphics of Crisis Core exceed any other game I have seen on PSP, and the story line (which falls perfectly into place with the original story of FFVII) will immediately make you fall in love with the characters. No other games on the PSP market compare to Crisis Core, and Crisis Core, along with the original FFVII, are two of the best games ever made. Expand
  73. JosephS.
    Dec 17, 2008
    This game was awesome. I was addicted to it the second I played it. I beat the game in about 2 weeks. It had every thing in it, action,romance,Slightly horror and it was seriously dramatic. If i could rate this game with a 100 I would. The ending was sad, but i heard final fantasy 7 is coming out for psp later like maybe in 2009. Crisis Core is the best game i ever played and it beats god This game was awesome. I was addicted to it the second I played it. I beat the game in about 2 weeks. It had every thing in it, action,romance,Slightly horror and it was seriously dramatic. If i could rate this game with a 100 I would. The ending was sad, but i heard final fantasy 7 is coming out for psp later like maybe in 2009. Crisis Core is the best game i ever played and it beats god of war 10000000 to negative 1000000. This is a must get for all psp owners This isent my opinion its a fact! Expand
  74. Sep 5, 2010
    This game is a great addition to add insight to the FF7 story. FF7CC has a back story the adds more enjoyment to the FF7 story. Great graphics and one of the best games on the PSP. I played FF7 first and hence I enjoyed FF7CC, I'm not sure how people would see this game without FF7 insight. FF always gives new battle systems some work others don't after the initial awkwardness I got use toThis game is a great addition to add insight to the FF7 story. FF7CC has a back story the adds more enjoyment to the FF7 story. Great graphics and one of the best games on the PSP. I played FF7 first and hence I enjoyed FF7CC, I'm not sure how people would see this game without FF7 insight. FF always gives new battle systems some work others don't after the initial awkwardness I got use to the battle system in this game and enjoyed it. Expand
  75. Feb 18, 2012
    Crisis Core acts as a prequel to FFVII but it can stand alone as a worthy addition to the FF stable. The battle system is very action-oriented but never degrades to mindless button mashing. Finding and combining materia is addictive and surprisingly deep. The plot can be a bit shaky as can the writing and voice acting. However, the game should be commended for its genuine emotion,Crisis Core acts as a prequel to FFVII but it can stand alone as a worthy addition to the FF stable. The battle system is very action-oriented but never degrades to mindless button mashing. Finding and combining materia is addictive and surprisingly deep. The plot can be a bit shaky as can the writing and voice acting. However, the game should be commended for its genuine emotion, something which is lacking in many recent games. Expand
  76. Apr 20, 2011
    One of my top favorite games for any portable console. The gameplay isn't entirely intuitive, but it works quite well. Of course, that's not to say the gameplay is boring, I think it's amazing! The storyline, if you have played the original Final Fantasy VII (7), tells you what happens before. The is absolutely phenomenal, in fact, listen to "Fulfilled Desire", the ending song toOne of my top favorite games for any portable console. The gameplay isn't entirely intuitive, but it works quite well. Of course, that's not to say the gameplay is boring, I think it's amazing! The storyline, if you have played the original Final Fantasy VII (7), tells you what happens before. The is absolutely phenomenal, in fact, listen to "Fulfilled Desire", the ending song to Crisis Core, that song is fantastic, and pretty much defines the emotional aspect of the game, and of course, the beauty of the music itself. The voice acting is stellar. The voices fit the characters perfectly. The graphics are superb as well. If you want an amazing game, pick this one up. Expand
  77. Jun 5, 2011
    This game is the whole reason I bought a PSP.This is the best game on the PSP IMO.The graphics,the control,the battle system.It's all so much fun.The story and plot are amazing,even though (if you played FF7) you know what will happen at the end of the game.The soundtrack was beautifully done,it's one of my favorites from a game.At first the level up system,and summon system was kinda iffyThis game is the whole reason I bought a PSP.This is the best game on the PSP IMO.The graphics,the control,the battle system.It's all so much fun.The story and plot are amazing,even though (if you played FF7) you know what will happen at the end of the game.The soundtrack was beautifully done,it's one of my favorites from a game.At first the level up system,and summon system was kinda iffy too me.But I soon learned to love it I liked that everything was "random".You can get equipment later on to boost your chances for a particular summon.Everyone that's either a FF fan or has a PSP should get this game you will not regret it. 10/10 Expand
  78. dz9
    Jul 30, 2011
    Putting the gamer behind the eyes of Zack Fair in this prequel to one of the greatest games of all time, Square delivers a ground breaking handheld title. It has fantastic psp graphics, outstanding story telling, and great gameplay. The gameplay, however a little more bland, is reminiscent of Kingdom Hearts' battle system, but with just enough twist to keep it fresh and to differentiatePutting the gamer behind the eyes of Zack Fair in this prequel to one of the greatest games of all time, Square delivers a ground breaking handheld title. It has fantastic psp graphics, outstanding story telling, and great gameplay. The gameplay, however a little more bland, is reminiscent of Kingdom Hearts' battle system, but with just enough twist to keep it fresh and to differentiate itself from KH. Warning: If you have not played through Final Fantasy 7, you will either;A) Not appreciate the story. B) Be completely lost. This game does in-fact assume that you are quite familiar with the FF7 lore. The game has hours of sidequest, however linear, are overall great especially for a psp game. The only real problem with the game is the level-up system... leveling up is left to chance. Technically speaking, however unlikely, the gamer could go through the entire game at level 1. Equipping materia is excellent but I wish equipping actual armor had a little more depth. The Good: Great graphics, great gameplay, & great story (beware noobs). The Bad: Level-up system is retarded and voice is a little shaky in parts. This game is an absolute necessity for fans of FF and RPG fans in general Expand
  79. Feb 17, 2013
    The greatest game on the PSP in my opinion, and a very worthy prequel to to Final Fantasy 7. Highly recommend. I wish they could make a FF7 sequel of this quality!
  80. Dec 23, 2013
    Played this game over 9 times and returning to it after not playing for 2 years. Good story and a combat system that i weirdly like for some strange reason. My favourite psp game of all time.
  81. Jan 6, 2013
    Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core is a great game for a RPG lover, Final Fantasy Lover and a fan of the PSP as it is one of the best RPGs on the PSP. The storyline, characters, music and gameplay will make you want to come back for it and may put you in hold for several hours until you get that little blinking light notifying you that your PSP is on low battery (only to finally tempt you toFinal Fantasy VII Crisis Core is a great game for a RPG lover, Final Fantasy Lover and a fan of the PSP as it is one of the best RPGs on the PSP. The storyline, characters, music and gameplay will make you want to come back for it and may put you in hold for several hours until you get that little blinking light notifying you that your PSP is on low battery (only to finally tempt you to plug in the charger just to play more.). It is surely a must buy! Expand
  82. Feb 20, 2012
    This game is truly the best thing Square Enix has put out for the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII. It tells a compelling story about Zack Fair and how he goes from being a 2nd class SOLDIER to being promoted to 1st class. The battle system adds a great dynamic to the game, especially with the block and dodge abilities. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a great FinalThis game is truly the best thing Square Enix has put out for the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII. It tells a compelling story about Zack Fair and how he goes from being a 2nd class SOLDIER to being promoted to 1st class. The battle system adds a great dynamic to the game, especially with the block and dodge abilities. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a great Final Fantasy title! Expand
  83. Apr 4, 2012
    Most importantly, this game stays true to the original. Seeing Midgar like this is very nostalgic and it's represented like it should be. Technically it's great, the story is great, the music is a mix of the original themes and hard rock.
    The extra missions are boring and not very rewarding, and some new characters are hit or miss.
    A must-have for anyone looking for a great PSP game and a

A must-have for anyone looking for a great PSP game and a worthy prequel to a legendary game.
  84. May 25, 2012
    I have played half of FF franchise games and I canâ
  85. Jan 23, 2014
    This is an amazing game. The combat system is simple, but it suits the storyline quite well. This is a story driven game with a lot of cinematic cut scenes. After skipping the pointless side quest missions, this game won't be very long. It's definitely worth the time spent and anyone with access to a PSP won't regret playing through it.
  86. Feb 5, 2013
    I was very surprised at this game as I went in expecting a decent game and went out amazed at how good it was. The gameplay is more action focused like the kingdom hearts series which I enjoy more than the active time battles of the main series. The story is decent and gives us the origins of cloud and a few other final fantasy VII characters. I have to give massive props to this game forI was very surprised at this game as I went in expecting a decent game and went out amazed at how good it was. The gameplay is more action focused like the kingdom hearts series which I enjoy more than the active time battles of the main series. The story is decent and gives us the origins of cloud and a few other final fantasy VII characters. I have to give massive props to this game for it's ending as well, anyone who has played ff VII knows roughly how it''s going to end but yet I still found it to be one of the most emotional endings ever. Also unlike alot of handheld RPGs this game knows well of the moment where you have to slog to the next save point in order to save and turn off the game, so there are smaller side missions accessible from save points which take 2-10 minutes to complete and are ideal for pickup and play gaming. This is probably my favorite final fantasy which may seem odd, but I recommend everyone to try this game out especially fans of action RPGs. Expand
  87. Feb 14, 2013
    NOTE: something went wrong with my last review, so the rating went negative...

NOTE: something went wrong with my last review, so the rating went negative...

Crisis Core. A game, much different from all other Final Fantasies. It has alot of equipment, materias and, boy, there are alot of missions. I REALLY disliked the lack of areas. There was like... 1 mission where you were on a ship? And all the others were in plains, in a wasteland, mine, cave or the slums. That really pissed me off, because only the layout changed, and just barely. The story is great, leaves a big hole in the end for those who haven't played the original Final Fantasy VII, visuals are beautiful, especially in cutscenes (the real kind) and when you summon. I really like this game, but they could've spruced it up with more areas... I am literally leaving Zack on autopilot fighting 1000 shinra soldiers right now...
  88. May 19, 2013
    This game is amazing, the best FF I've ever played (tied with FFX)! At first, I was a bit annoyed by the battle system, as I was used to old FFs system. But after I was familiarized with it and got to know the game better, I completely fell in love with it. Since even the battle system to the graphics, and the soundtrack, the wonderful plot, the characters, everything is perfect! YouThis game is amazing, the best FF I've ever played (tied with FFX)! At first, I was a bit annoyed by the battle system, as I was used to old FFs system. But after I was familiarized with it and got to know the game better, I completely fell in love with it. Since even the battle system to the graphics, and the soundtrack, the wonderful plot, the characters, everything is perfect! You really get involved in this whole Crisis Core world. I completed this game a few times and it has been a while since the last time, but even now I get moved whenever I watch the video of the ending or listen to the ending song and remember the game. Expand
  89. Nov 22, 2013
    An incredible game, worthy of the Final Fantasy VII title. Tends to be a little easy at times, but in my opinion it actually works well for a mobile game; you never know when you might need to put it down. For anyone who loves Final Fantasy VII, this is a must play as a lot of your favorite characters will make an appearance in one way or another. Music and story are top-notch. TIP:An incredible game, worthy of the Final Fantasy VII title. Tends to be a little easy at times, but in my opinion it actually works well for a mobile game; you never know when you might need to put it down. For anyone who loves Final Fantasy VII, this is a must play as a lot of your favorite characters will make an appearance in one way or another. Music and story are top-notch. TIP: Purchase the game and then Emulate it on your PC. Looks amazing in 1080p! Expand
  90. Jan 28, 2014
    One of the best character of final fantasy series Zack Fair.Game was really good especially cutscenes and story.Quality is good enough for psp i guess.
  91. Feb 15, 2014
    Ah, the PSP - still one of my favorite consoles. Still almost always in my pocket, always loaded with something awesome I can enjoy. I can clearly recall the surprise when I got it as a gift... and I recall the thirst to get this game. Crisis Core was the first game I sought out for my brand new PSP. I had just gotten into the Final Fantasy series, and I liked what I was seeing (though IAh, the PSP - still one of my favorite consoles. Still almost always in my pocket, always loaded with something awesome I can enjoy. I can clearly recall the surprise when I got it as a gift... and I recall the thirst to get this game. Crisis Core was the first game I sought out for my brand new PSP. I had just gotten into the Final Fantasy series, and I liked what I was seeing (though I believe I had not played anything yet). Sadly, the only FF available was the FF1 remake, which in my opinion hasn't aged that well, but that's for another time.
    Almost two years later I ordered the game online and when I received it I hardly could wait to get home and put the UMD in. My Final Fantasy craze was still in it's heat, and since Final Fantasy 7 was one of my favorites, and Zack was my-second best favorite character (next to Vincent), it was like a match made in heaven - a Square Enix game, in 3D, portable, with an awesome story and character to boot, and it wasn't a JRPG - perfect blend, just my type. And you know what? Looking back at my golden days of free-time, gaming, and back when the PSP was my only console - this game is the one I remember loving the most, and out of all my PSP games I think this is actually my favorite, because the time spent with it was pure joy to the extent that I don't ever want to play it again, because it might ruin the memory.
    Graphically, everyone by now knows that this game is one of the best looking games on the system - almost no pixelation, beautiful animations and very high-detailed sprites. Some of the environmetns and dungeons seem a bit uninspired, but that's no biggie at all in comparison to the overall picture. The translation is noticably a bit hit and miss, so is the voice acting, but for the most part - it's awesome. The cinematics in this game are insanely good - on a level only Blizzard and Square Enix could achieve nowadays (in my opinion).
    Not only does it look great - it sounds great. Most of the OST of this game is still on my MP3 player and I find myself listening to "The Price of Freedom" and "The Summoned" pretty often, and for good reason. Renowned composer Takeharu Ishimoto has delivered some of the best soundtracks in gaming history and it's always an honor to listen to him in a good game.
    Now, to be frank, this game's story probably isn't as good as I remember. But I do remember the shocking moments of it being really unexpected and the narrative being well told, though a little slow at times. This story is part of the giant ark that is Final Fantasy 7 and it does the overall story justice. Since it is a prequel to FF7's story, ti can be enjoyed anyone without ruining the movie or the other games, and veteran fans of FF7 will love seeing the relationships of their favorite characters. To be honest, I consider Crisis Core's story a bit better than FF7's - it doesn't try to be that epic, and in the end - it ends up packing a slightly bigger punch.
    The gameplay of this game is the hardest thing to comment on - it cannot be easily summed up and you would best understand it if you play it. It seems highly overcomplicated when you think about it, but it's one of those things you learn to do without even noticing really quick and in the end - it can be quite rewarding. This time around the battle system is active - no waiting around, no turn-based combat - almost full action. Your actions are somewhat limited to a slot-machine mechanism, and though it sounds a bit luck-based - it's not that big of a deal. The only downside I've found in the gameplay that drove me really mad in some points was the fact that the random encounters are still here and still annoying. But the good fact is, that the game is not so grindy - I hardly had to grind, and since the battle system flows much faster - grinding would hardly be that big of a chore.
    Overall, this game is amazing. I've often pondered which is my favorite PSP game. I could say Ghost of Sparta, because I really think it is the best God of War game, I could also safely say Dissidia 012 - another brilliant and content-packed Final Fantasy game from Square, but none of those games take me back to pure joy and wonder as Crisis Core. I suppose I am a bit santimental over it, but I trust it is for good reason. Also, I have to point out, that the ending of this game is one of the best directed and executed finales in all of gaming. I'd advise you reach it, if you have a PSP. This game shouldn't be missed, no matter if you are a FF fan or not - this game isn't restricting as your typical JRPG. It's almost sold out now and it's become quite rare - I assure, it's for very good reason. I should give this game a 9/10, because it has it's flaws. But I'm going to let this one slide just because of my memories. Forgive me, dear reader, but I suggest you play it too and see that even you would let one point slide at the end, even if it isn't a 10/10 for you - this game requires respect for good reason.
  92. Jan 4, 2015
    Random leveling, summons and limit breaks. Why? **** why? I would give this game a 9.5 out of 10 if it weren't for those being randomized.
    I had to pause the game more than once during the ending because I was crying too hard and couldn't see the screen.
    I desperately want to give this game a perfect score, but it just isn't there. Random leveling... wtf.
  93. May 11, 2015

1. Again, it’s nice to see the duality of the FFVII games, (it is Zack that falls into Aerith’s church this time), and a genuine attempt to develop the universe so many of us love, but simplifying the battle system, story and general style of discovery and transport leaves Crisis Core being a welcome spin off, but no replacement for a real sequel.
    Whether you’re a Sephiroth obsessive, or whether you couldn’t tell your Aerith from your Angeal, Crisis Core is an excellent action RPG, and it’s certainly among the best the PSP has to offer.
    Crisis Core has an addictive quality about it because you really need to know what happens next, and you’ll most certainly want to see the next glorious cutscene.