Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower PSP

• Release Date: Mar 24, 2005
7.9

1. MarianP.
    Sep 12, 2006
    Man, have you seen a better "beat'em-up" game before? Cuz I haven't! I can't describe it, it should be played first, see for yourselves!
  2. BobbyB.
    Oct 24, 2005
    Great graphic and very addicted game play. Best Capcom titles on the PSP! Give it a try :)
  3. JoEKoOL
    Mar 2, 2005
    Awesome Game!
  4. MarcD.
    Mar 26, 2005
    Takes you on a trip down memory lane back to the mid 90s, when Capcom 2D fighters actually meant something. As it stands, Vamp Chronicles is still a highly competent and fun fighter.
  5. Nov 4, 2010
    Essentially a port of Darkstalkers 1-3 combined into a single game, this is a great find for fans of the old games. This game gets bashed for its controls, but I don't have problems with it. Even the D-pad generally works fine for me. All of the lineup is here, plus a few of the old unlockable characters. Tower mode is new, alternating between 3 chosen fighters to complete a longEssentially a port of Darkstalkers 1-3 combined into a single game, this is a great find for fans of the old games. This game gets bashed for its controls, but I don't have problems with it. Even the D-pad generally works fine for me. All of the lineup is here, plus a few of the old unlockable characters. Tower mode is new, alternating between 3 chosen fighters to complete a long series of matches. Aside from that, there isn't anything new, but all of the old content is here, including the character-specific endings from all of the games. Until Capcom breaks down and gives us DS4, this is the next best thing for Darkstalkers fans. Expand
  6. Nov 17, 2011
    Darkstalkers Chronicle Chaos Tower brings in characters, stages, Music and specials from all of the previous versions of the Darkstalkers series and bundles them all into one package which also includes a all new Tower Mode in which players can fight off against the characters via special rules and restrictions and at the end will be rewarded with endings or artwork.

#45 Most Discussed PSP Game of 2005
#32 Most Shared PSP Game of 2005

1. Edge Magazine
    Even if the overall package is less than the sum of its parts, an arcade-perfect port of Vampire Saviour is impressive enough alone, and the PSP’s screen definition infuses the visuals with their original, unmistakable vibrancy. [Feb 2005, p.82]
  2. games(TM)
    Only the hardcore fans will have to have it, and they’re the ones most likely to end up disappointed. [Feb 2005, p.116]
    If developers were able to port some of the console features to PSP, they should have taken the time to make sure that the controls translated as well.