Dead to Rights: Reckoning PSP

• Release Date: Jun 28, 2005
7.1

1. DanS.
    Jun 30, 2005
    If you liked the PS2 version of Dead to Rights and own a PSP, I think this is a good purchase. I emphasize good, not great. Namco has taken a stab at the third person control scheme and while frustrating at first, I found it highly satisfying and addictive after about 10 minutes. The action never stops which is more than I can say about any other PSP game out right now and the visuals are If you liked the PS2 version of Dead to Rights and own a PSP, I think this is a good purchase. I emphasize good, not great. Namco has taken a stab at the third person control scheme and while frustrating at first, I found it highly satisfying and addictive after about 10 minutes. The action never stops which is more than I can say about any other PSP game out right now and the visuals are top notch. No voices really bug (you have to read text) but I didn't buy this game for the neat story. Expand
    Jul 4, 2005
    A good simple game, with good controls- you you can choose from three pre-set button layouts if you don't like the original. Simple, because you just go around targeting enemies and shooting them, but it is hard and fast enough to make it fun. Nothing awesome, but if you want to shoot stuff and you are not overly critical, you'll have fun.
  3. WrightL.
    Jun 30, 2005
    The game is solid for a PSP game. Great quick to play game. Reviews have been WAY too harsh. The game is being compared to console versions, its not really fair. However, it does have it's bugs, but not bugs to take it any lower than a 6. I would give it a solid 7.5. It's fun, you get to kill stuff, and take it anywhere. What else can you ask for? The game is WAY worth picking The game is solid for a PSP game. Great quick to play game. Reviews have been WAY too harsh. The game is being compared to console versions, its not really fair. However, it does have it's bugs, but not bugs to take it any lower than a 6. I would give it a solid 7.5. It's fun, you get to kill stuff, and take it anywhere. What else can you ask for? The game is WAY worth picking up, you will enjoy it, I am, and the cheats you unlock make it even more fun! Expand
  4. WilliamF.
    Jul 13, 2005
    This game is very fast paced the only major,and i mean major,problem is the camera. when ever you try to lock on a target it doesnt want to lock on what you want, you may be trying to lock on an enemy but the target lock will go to a barrel on the opposite side of the level. other than that a very fun game with good graphics.
  5. KevinY.
    Aug 22, 2005
    This game is ok for playing for about 30 minutes or so, but there is absolutly no storyline and the game is basically 1 thing- shooting people, that is it, this game is ok 4 renting but why bother wasting over 8 bucks 4 it.

#19 Most Discussed PSP Game of 2005

1. While there's something to be said for a game that cuts to the chase and focuses merely on your ability to lock onto targets and mash the fire button to blast them in the face, Reckoning has shoddy control and some ugly graphical glitches. Its handful of problems really get in the way and make this PSP game short, uninteresting, and not much fun at all.
    I think it's possible to have a success shooter on PSP. But if fundamental elements like a functional camera and control systems aren't there, the game just won't work.
    Despite its relative good looks, Dead to Rights: Reckoning is more an exercise in frustration than an enjoyable diversion. Not even the four player WiFi deathmatch mode is enough to save this one from the bowels of the budget bargain bin.