8.1

1. MattC.
    Jul 20, 2008
    This is the best hack and slash game for PSP, in many ways far superior of Untold Legends, mainly in the camera perspective and combat dinamics, characters and a huge weapoonary. The climax is the identical to Dungeon Siege II PC version. Ballanced difficulty and immersive stages, Throne of Agony is the final must for hack slash lovers PSP owners.
  2. JeffS.
    Nov 4, 2006
    Load times for entering the world map and areas are averaging 20-35 seconds. This includes entering towns, which you are going to do quite a bit to sell off all that loot. Worse, we're getting on average 10-20 second load times for MENU screens. Nothing says fun like waiting, and waiting some more, for your overhead map to appear so you can figure out where to go.
  3. TonyL
    Jan 17, 2009
    Tons of weapons and armor to find. And changing these actually changes the appearance of your character (what a concept.) Load times are mildly annoying but you get used to it. Overall a beautiful and highly addictive game. I would have rated it higher if not for the brutal ending. I felt cheated by how bad the end of this game was. Better ending = 9 rating.
  4. TheB.
    Nov 10, 2006
    Load times aren't as bad as Jeff S. makes it sound. There is just a few second load for the menu, same as Untold Legends basically. and load times are around 25 seconds, but that is to load a huge level each time. The levels are very organic, with large hills, foliage, streams and waterfalls - much more interesting than the monotonous levels from the Untold Legends games. cool Load times aren't as bad as Jeff S. makes it sound. There is just a few second load for the menu, same as Untold Legends basically. and load times are around 25 seconds, but that is to load a huge level each time. The levels are very organic, with large hills, foliage, streams and waterfalls - much more interesting than the monotonous levels from the Untold Legends games. cool assortment of weapons/armor, many spells and abilities to learn. Great variety with the monsters, and love the sidekick who levels up (kind of like a Mag from Phantasy Star Online). Great variety in the quests. By far best action rpg on psp. Expand
  5. SemihG.
    May 23, 2007
    Superb graphics, very nice soundtrack and an incredible game world (landscape, characters, story, lots of items to explore/read) make it one of the best games on PSP. I agree that load-times are frustrating and quite demanding on the battery pack.
  6. THUDUK
    Nov 19, 2006
    Basically a Great action RPG, with stunning graphics and most of all a music score that John Williams could have produced, a huge environment that I just can't seem to get away from, am completely immersed inside this world of Dungeonsiege, after a while you really begin to discover and build your character, every little thing you pick up change reflects in the character on screen, Basically a Great action RPG, with stunning graphics and most of all a music score that John Williams could have produced, a huge environment that I just can't seem to get away from, am completely immersed inside this world of Dungeonsiege, after a while you really begin to discover and build your character, every little thing you pick up change reflects in the character on screen, the fighting initially sways towards hack and slash button mashing, but soon you will learn new tricks like slam leaps and spell effects. which can be devastating, in my mind this is the closest thing to Diablo and Dark Alliance, and I haven't had as much fun since then...in fact if I could give 9.5/10 I would this game looses 0.5 due to slightly slow load times, but at least you get stonking huge levels to explore and waiting 20 seconds doesn't really hurt when your playing such a highly polished complete game like this...RECOMMENDED Expand
  7. JohnC.
    Nov 13, 2006
    A game which has been given the "Dark Alliance" treatment from PC to PSP, and is well deserved to be mentioned with them. One of the best RPGs on the system, and definately one of the more addictive. The load times can space out the gameplay a bit, but once you get used to it (which you do rather easily) it becomes a compelling game to play.
  8. NariusS.
    Nov 13, 2006
    Best hack-n-slash on PSP right now. It can easily beat any PS2 games in the same genre.
  9. May 14, 2018
    Good game, good graphics and nice, enjoyable game play. It has some issues but nothing major. This is hack and slash game, the story is so-so not the best. Sometimes hard to figure out what to do next but google is your friend and there are couple of walkthroughs and can find some questionable part on youtube so you can bit it for sure. I started a mage but 1/4 way figured better of to beGood game, good graphics and nice, enjoyable game play. It has some issues but nothing major. This is hack and slash game, the story is so-so not the best. Sometimes hard to figure out what to do next but google is your friend and there are couple of walkthroughs and can find some questionable part on youtube so you can bit it for sure. I started a mage but 1/4 way figured better of to be archer and put many point on agi, str (for armor wear). Meantime boosted the enchant spell to max (LVL21) and it worked. I wasn't sure if I will run into a trouble because of the mixed setup but game handled very well and it was fun. At LVL50 was 935 dps... with crossbow ;). Anyway I can recommend this game to anyone who likes the genre.

I did not give 10 points because:
    - story is not to well designed, got bored on reading wall texts
    - map is well let put it this way not the best. You can only see a small portion of the map and can't zoom out etc. which makes couple of quest annoying (catapult search for example)
    - at 3/4 of the game I had a feeling they run out of money/time and skipped a lot. Got the ship but wasn't in a big use at all, could be far more done
    - mage spells not finished. Game has various fire mage spells but nothing else (did not check other classes)
    - follower / minions ai is not good. Both stuck in objects, and instead of attacking the enemy most of times just hangs around. They are most of the time behind you and not front to protect (mage). That's why I decided to change priorities on skill points.

#21 Most Discussed PSP Game of 2006
#30 Most Shared PSP Game of 2006

Throne of Agony offers the Dungeon Siege experience, albeit tweaked for a mobile audience. Combat is more dynamic and visceral thanks to these changes, though old-school fans may long for the point-and-click interface of the original.
  2. Throne of Agony gets the basics of a good dungeon crawler right, but an oversimplification of the gameplay and some annoying bugs drag it down.
    The overall presentation was top notch, the planetary soundtrack and loot were kick ass and the selection of quests was inspiring. Also, the diversity of creatures was very impressive.