echochrome PSP

7.7

1. MarioQ
    Apr 27, 2008
    Every so often a game comes along that goes hand in hand with a video game system... Lumines, Jeanne D'Arc, and Echochrome. Not only is the music in the menu and game sublime, the gameplay is simple, smooth, and fun. Thanks to the Japanese for giving us a demanding challenge without being frustrating!

#37 Most Discussed PSP Game of 2008

1. The stages walk that thin line between difficult and frustrating, which sometimes forced me to shut off the PSP and take a little break from the game because I only had one more goal to reach, but no visible way to get there. Then again, this could just be the fault of my weakness at the game. Thankfully, after each stage, I’ve had a feeling of satisfaction, so I haven’t had a point in time where I’ve not looked forward to a free moment to lay my hands on Echochrome.
  2. games(TM)
    Every moment spent with Echochrome is a refined and edifying one. [May 2008, p.109]
    One of those puzzle titles that doesn't come along very often, but immediately strikes a chord for its unique gameplay and incredible depth.