FIFA Soccer 06 PSP

7.7

1. Ahmed
    Oct 24, 2005
    this game was rushed. bottom line, its crap. major visual bugs, slow unresponsive gameplay. i am also puzzled as to why it has received high ratings elsewhere.
  2. MechyslavP.
    Oct 15, 2005
    This game is one of the best soccer games ever!!
  3. Justo
    Jan 6, 2006
    Truly cannot understand how users could give this 9 or 10. Graphics are PS1 standards and is very limited in gameplay. Not reccomended.
  4. JoeT.
    Oct 29, 2005
    Truly Fantastic!
  5. Leo
    Jan 3, 2006
    This is an OK game, but I don't know why it has got a better score than Pro Evo whixh is a better game. Avoid this game and get Pro Evolution 5 as it has only got lower scores as it is not as good as the PS2 version that was expected.
  6. Nando
    Feb 15, 2006
    A big improvement over the original PSP FIFA. It's far from perfect - controls still aren't great and theres graphical glitches, but it's still extremely fun, has plenty of features including online mode, and the juggling minigame is worth the upgrade alone. Gameplay wise it's no Winning Eleven, but I actually perfer the PSP version of FIFA, if only due to the amount A big improvement over the original PSP FIFA. It's far from perfect - controls still aren't great and theres graphical glitches, but it's still extremely fun, has plenty of features including online mode, and the juggling minigame is worth the upgrade alone. Gameplay wise it's no Winning Eleven, but I actually perfer the PSP version of FIFA, if only due to the amount of things they packed into the game. Expand
  7. Olajide
    May 11, 2006
    I think it is a great game especially the online part of it.
  8. JohnT.
    Oct 21, 2005
    I honestly can`t believe people have actually given this garbage 10/10. Its one of the worst games I have ever played. The gameplay is incredibly slow and jerky, and the controls are totally unresponsive. EA should be ashamed of themselves, as they have released a game not worthy of the original Game Boy, never mind the technical wonder that is the PSP. Avoid this travesty of a game, IT STINKS!!!
  9. MikeD.
    Oct 24, 2005
    I think FIFA 06 is a big time improvement over last year's version. Play is much more fluid and the game doesn't pause when the ball is going out of bounds. You also don't have to be right in front of the goal in order to shoot on goal. Online play has also been enabled and the mini game is fun. Cons - Player controls may not be as responsive as they should. Also, you have I think FIFA 06 is a big time improvement over last year's version. Play is much more fluid and the game doesn't pause when the ball is going out of bounds. You also don't have to be right in front of the goal in order to shoot on goal. Online play has also been enabled and the mini game is fun. Cons - Player controls may not be as responsive as they should. Also, you have to sign up with SoccerNet if you want to play online...either that or pay a fee with your credit card. WTF?? I mean this was a big disappointment...after shelling out 50 bucks + they try to squeeze a couple more dollars out of you. It is a nominal fee but still...paying to play a video game is a dangerous precendent. Overall, I am happy with FIFA 06 and would without a doubt upgrade, if you are a FIFA fan, from last years game. Expand

1. With the camera pulled back so far, the ball can get pretty tiny. Other than that, it's all solid, and a big improvement on last season. [Nov 2005, p.98]
  2. The game's secret weapon this year, though, is the ball-juggling minigame... I killed more hours trying to keep David Beckham's balls off the ground than I can reasonably justify. [Nov 2005, p.123]
  3. Initially it appears that EA have been happy to just release last year’s version albeit with an unneeded visual lick of plaint and this season’s player/team data; further play however reveals that the game actually takes a step backwards in many areas.