7.6

1. Aug 26, 2012
    It even says iit is not a game, why the hell is this in the psp games section?
  2. Nov 21, 2010
    This movie was designed for the people who have played the original game. To those who haven't played the original game, a lack of understanding for the original story line is understandable, and animosity towards the movie is acceptable. However, what isn't acceptable is the mere fact that one will judge and reduce the movie to what it isn't, by stating too much and stating what is untrue.

" Heal yourself from a deadly desease TAKING A BATH". - AlessioP.

One who has played the game will know that it's not a **** "bath". The only reason why Geostigma was able to be cured there was because that church in the slums of Midgar was the only place in Midgar that was flowing with Lifestream, which is also why flowers were only able to grow there, for those who remember the original game.

Such levels of animosity shows ignorance. Of course I'm not blaming people for not understanding it, but don't judge the movie when you don't have the full picture, go do a little **** research. The story did not offer anything new to the franchise, however, this is not **** Harry Potter, there was a plot to the movie, and to understand it, only those who have played the original game could see how the plot fitted in, the plot made sense. Given all this in mind, the plot wasn't fantastic, and you had to be a fan to really appreciate it. And even then, the plot kinda destroyed everything the game was going for. 4/10.

The music was a remastered version of the original game soundtrack, but it was remastered well. 9/10.

The graphics were amazing, that's all there needs to be said. From the fight scenes down to the level of detail in the cityscape, it's no surprise that this movie was "Final Fantasy". 9/10.

By the way, Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within had no affiliation to the series "Final Fantasy". You would be a fool to think so. In summary: This movie is only aesthetically pleasing, but very aesthetically pleasing at that. Original players of the game will appreciate some of the "Finishing Touches" made to the film, but beyond that, the plot only serves as detrimental to the story. 7/10.
  3. Jun 26, 2013
    A film that requires a heap of context to understand or enjoy and is not for the casual viewer. For those who played through the game (Final Fantasy VII), Advent Children is as evocative and engaging as anything, seeing beloved characters fully visualised in photo-realistic CGI was worth the price of admission alone for many. Yes, fan-service, yes, fans only.
  4. Oct 10, 2011
    Oh, that's cool, evidently movies are filed under games in the PSP section of Metacritic. I mean, it's on a game console, and it comes on a disc, and the games on the game console also come on the same format of disc, so the only logical conclusion is that Advent Children is a game. I love playing as Cloud but I can't get him to do anything besides the same thing he does every single time during the first two hours of gameplay. It's like Final Fantasy XIII all over again! Wait, did I say first two hours of gameplay? I meant only two hours! This game is such a rip-off, it's so short, way shorter than any other Final Fantasy. I remember the original Final Fantasy VII had four discs (or was it twenty-seven?) and lasted at least three hours. For shame. Expand
  5. Aug 11, 2012
    The movie is decent, but it really butchers the story of Final Fantasy 7 and has many things which upset me. I didn't want to list them here, since most people reading these reviews have not seen the movie, but if you're a Final Fantasy 7 fan this may not be worth watching. The visuals are great, but the story is hard to follow and many other things, but the revised version released in 2009 is much better (still not great though). Expand
  6. Aug 6, 2012
    This is one of the movies you have to go with an open mind to it, because I admit: It ain't easy to fully understand. Following the events of verious games and putting them into a 101 minuted movie is not a very simple thing to do. For the works, the movie was incredible aas well as intense. The CGI was...oh, I'm so dazzled. There are no words for the quality this movie contains. It is and will always be the best Final Fantasy ever. Expand
  7. Nov 19, 2012
    Perfect movie made for fans, its been 6 years since the release and still has the best animation made so far. If you don´t know the story you will probably don´t get most of it, but still its worth seeing for its animation.
  8. Dec 26, 2012
    Great movie all around...things could've been worked out, but I'm happy that there's at least a good video game movie out there. Well, "good" is giving it too much credit...I would say decent.
  9. Jan 17, 2013
    I have no problem admitting I'm a Final Fantasy fanboy. I adore this film. Great visuals, being based on FFVII it has great characters who's voice acting was superb. the action scenes are "cool" enough to be enjoyed by anybody and there are enough nods towards the original game, from the obvious (Tifas 'Victory' ringtone) to the more subtle (like the limit breaks within the film)

If you
    can't understand what is happening, then you can either try to pay more attention instead of playing on your phone through the entire damn movie, or maybe just go back to your wooden 'fit the hole' toys.

This film gave all the ups and downs you expect.

and Aeris....

what else do you need.
  10. Jan 22, 2014
    This movie was excellent.If someone wants to know even a bit of final fantasy lore,then this movie is a really good place to start.A Stupendous movie with exceptional animation....This is coming from someone who watched this movie in 2014....so yeah ENJOY!

The Making of Advent Children, is easily the best of all the features. In lieu of a commentary track, this is the only bridge between fans and the creation of this beautiful work.
    It's an amazing technical feat that Nomura's team have pulled off here, and an impressive first foray into the alien world of movie making. Coming from a team that's used to making CG cinemas less than five minutes long, Advent Children is a surprisingly auspicious debut. Here's hoping they do it again.
  3. The quintessential gaming flick it is not, but Advent Children still satisfies, both to fans and casual viewers.