7.2

1. Aug 26, 2012
    It even says iit is not a game, why the hell is this in the psp games section?
  2. MikeC.
    Jul 20, 2006
    I could not understand a damn thing that was happening.
  3. LegendS.
    Mar 16, 2007
    Despite, or perhaps because of, my status as a great fan of the original Final Fantasy VII, I cannot bring myself to enjoy this movie. It took everything the original Final Fantasy VII plot was, then metaphorically ripped out its throat and threw glitter on it to make it pretty. I think it's fairly obvious that this follow-up was designed to be nothing more than two hours of flashy Despite, or perhaps because of, my status as a great fan of the original Final Fantasy VII, I cannot bring myself to enjoy this movie. It took everything the original Final Fantasy VII plot was, then metaphorically ripped out its throat and threw glitter on it to make it pretty. I think it's fairly obvious that this follow-up was designed to be nothing more than two hours of flashy fan service, and if you haven't extensively played the original, don't even bother. Advent Children does nothing in terms of plot, music, characters, or story that makes it worth watching, instead relying on it's admittedly beautiful looks for enjoyment. Save yourself some money and just look up screenshots on the Internet if you want to get a feel for this one. Expand
  4. AkeemG.
    May 16, 2007
    This movie is one of the reasons why I am no longer a big fan of final fantasy.what I hate the most about this movie were the fight scenes because the action was to fast and most of the time I coudn't understand what was was going on,it was very confusing,also the directing for the fight scenes could have been much more better.The music, voice acting and all scenes except for the This movie is one of the reasons why I am no longer a big fan of final fantasy.what I hate the most about this movie were the fight scenes because the action was to fast and most of the time I coudn't understand what was was going on,it was very confusing,also the directing for the fight scenes could have been much more better.The music, voice acting and all scenes except for the fight scenes were all good though,it's what I would expect from people who mostly work on video games.The only parts of the movie that I really enjoyed was the fight scene with bahamut and the ending of the movie after the fight with sephiroth. Expand
  5. AlessioP.
    Feb 19, 2009
    The storyline? Heal yourself from a deadly desease TAKING A BATH. Really, i'm not joking. The graphics? Well, i guess they are cool, actually, altough way too much "emo". Everyone is either depressed or a clown. Music? Yeah, it's ok. Overall, this blows: only a fanboy could like it, everyone else will surely notice it's huge shortcomings.
  6. KaisaVirtanen
    Aug 4, 2009
    I don't know whether I should be surprised or not by the huge hype this movie received since it's nothing more than pwetty fanservice for adolescent girls. I, myself, have not played the original game so I base my review on that. The movie was very flamboyant and CGI top-notch. But there was absolutely no coherent substance and no glittery sparkle can compensate for the lack ofI don't know whether I should be surprised or not by the huge hype this movie received since it's nothing more than pwetty fanservice for adolescent girls. I, myself, have not played the original game so I base my review on that. The movie was very flamboyant and CGI top-notch. But there was absolutely no coherent substance and no glittery sparkle can compensate for the lack of an actual plot.

Cloud x Sephiroth fangirls will probably find this movie very pleasing, but other than aesthetics - this movie offered nothing to me.
  7. ChrisH.
    Aug 16, 2006
    Terrible film - the other Final Fantasy film, Spirits Within, was excellent with a good plot and interesting characters. This was junk. Too many silly battles and no story.

The Making of Advent Children, is easily the best of all the features. In lieu of a commentary track, this is the only bridge between fans and the creation of this beautiful work.
    It's an amazing technical feat that Nomura's team have pulled off here, and an impressive first foray into the alien world of movie making. Coming from a team that's used to making CG cinemas less than five minutes long, Advent Children is a surprisingly auspicious debut. Here's hoping they do it again.
  3. The quintessential gaming flick it is not, but Advent Children still satisfies, both to fans and casual viewers.