Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children PSP

7.2

1. AkeemGumbs
    Sep 8, 2009
    I have changed my mind after watching this movie many times and have decided to give this movie a ten because the atmosphere seemed very real. The weather and the tone of the movie were perfect. I think that the fight scenes are all O.K now but I still feel like they lack something. I love the script, music, character personalities and character voices for this movie. Clouds personalityI have changed my mind after watching this movie many times and have decided to give this movie a ten because the atmosphere seemed very real. The weather and the tone of the movie were perfect. I think that the fight scenes are all O.K now but I still feel like they lack something. I love the script, music, character personalities and character voices for this movie. Clouds personality and Red XIII's voice was the best in the movie and barret had the best design improvement of all in my opinion. Ithought that the script for this movie was fantastic because I really enjoyed hearing all of the things that the characters had to say(especially cloud). I Expand
  2. DavidSmith
    Sep 26, 2006
    This movie was AMAZING! if you listen and actually took athoghut about what was happening you would undersytand what is going on(Chris H. and Mike C.)! It had an awesome storyline, great characters good acting, unlike spirits within, (Chris H.) and I thought overall it was infact a good movie!
  3. iainwarren
    Sep 15, 2009
    First of all this review is here because i cant find this in the dvd or blu-ray sections of metacritic (it was released on these also) and the recently released advent children complete on blu-ray brings the score up a point.
    Yes you have to have played the games to get the film, why does this offend people when it is clearly sold that way? you wouldnt watch an anime movie based on a series and complain you didnt have sufficient back story, so put those complaints aside and deal with the film itself.
    It is by far one of the best cg films ever created, everything from marlenes explanation of the lifestream of the planet to tifas fight in the church feels exactly as it should be and for those of you with a bluray player and 15 pound to spend will fully appreciate the extended scenes in the complete edition, this film is a massive acheivement and while final fantasy 7 may not be my favourite final fantasy game it would be hard to create another cg film to rival this
  4. DanielP.
    May 1, 2006
    The visual effects were amazing but it was a little lacking, the plot was confusing at least but it was great to see all of my favorite Final Fantasy characters on the screen again. I liked it.
  5. vladimir
    May 4, 2006
    The visual effets were outstanding yet the plot would be confusing for others who have not played the game but an amazing movie.
  6. RicardoK.
    May 9, 2006
    The 3D effect is amazing and outstanding. Luckily i have played the Final Fantasy game before so the plot is not too confusing. It is the best movie.....
  7. JonathanF.
    May 10, 2006
    A revisit to a world that Final Fantasy fans love, and it was worth the wait. Excellent voice dubbing, a stunning soundtrack, and a wonderful end to the story of Cloud and crew. This was the first movie I've ever gotten seriously worked up about, especially during the final fight scene. During that scene I couldn't help but have my mouth hang open. Insanely good movie, might be A revisit to a world that Final Fantasy fans love, and it was worth the wait. Excellent voice dubbing, a stunning soundtrack, and a wonderful end to the story of Cloud and crew. This was the first movie I've ever gotten seriously worked up about, especially during the final fight scene. During that scene I couldn't help but have my mouth hang open. Insanely good movie, might be confusing for those who haven't played FFVII. Expand
  8. RyanN.
    May 14, 2006
    They went all out on this movie and I think it was awsome and the story line was brilliant.
  9. ChrisK.
    May 31, 2006
    Movies based off of video games are not only made for fans, but made for movie-goers and people who show interests as well. Advent Children is beauitfully done and it answers most of my questions about what happened after Final Fantasy VII. Like Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within, both were displayed beautifully and both had brilliant concepts. However, Advent Children had better Movies based off of video games are not only made for fans, but made for movie-goers and people who show interests as well. Advent Children is beauitfully done and it answers most of my questions about what happened after Final Fantasy VII. Like Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within, both were displayed beautifully and both had brilliant concepts. However, Advent Children had better direction, dialogue, good moments where folks would gasp for air hoping that Cloud would be the hero of the day. The only thing I have against this film... I wish it were longer. Expand
  10. CodyB.
    Jun 4, 2006
    This movie is freakin' sweet! Although I am not a rabid final fantasy fan I still highly enjoyed the plot, visual effects, and action in this movie. I give this game two thumbs up.
  11. JipR.
    Jul 5, 2006
    i love manga movies like this one cloud is really cool and esopaciaslly the end attle is really exciting.
  12. GerrickC.
    Jul 6, 2006
    Quite possibly the best game-to-movie translation I've ever seen. The movie includes all of the classic VII characters like Cloud, Yuffie, Sid, Red 9, Tifa, Vincent Valentine, and Garret. The movie looks like a lengthy game cinematic, but is presented like a movie. Overall the movie looks gorgeous and can be breathtaking at times. The movie climaxes with a terrific battle (which I Quite possibly the best game-to-movie translation I've ever seen. The movie includes all of the classic VII characters like Cloud, Yuffie, Sid, Red 9, Tifa, Vincent Valentine, and Garret. The movie looks like a lengthy game cinematic, but is presented like a movie. Overall the movie looks gorgeous and can be breathtaking at times. The movie climaxes with a terrific battle (which I won't spoil for those who haven't seen it yet) and it ends in a rather emotional way. Those of us who have or even haven't ever played FFVII will and can appreciate the flair and power this movie has and one will most likely want to see it again and again. Expand
  13. AndrewB.
    Oct 4, 2006
    Crazy movie 10/10.
  14. SamuelW.
    Nov 13, 2006
    Action Packed. Beautiful Artwork. Love the Continuation on the Story line. Amazing. In my Top Three movies of all time, should be in yours too.
  15. Jakub?.
    May 8, 2007
    This is, in my opinion, one of the best 3D-rendered movie i've ever seen. Fantastic battles, interesting storyline and very realistic characters. Also music is great, Nobuo Uematsu really done good job. I think you should watch it, even if you see words "Final Fantasy" first time in your life. Beautiful show.
  16. KaelR.
    Sep 4, 2007
    This movie was the Final Fantasy movie everyone was waiting for. Spirits Within was an ok movie but there just wasn't anything Final Fantasy about it really. It was more or so like Halo mixed with spiritual influence from various religions. This movie however had what fans wanted, and that was actual homage to the games. Or call it fan service if you want to. The game they picked This movie was the Final Fantasy movie everyone was waiting for. Spirits Within was an ok movie but there just wasn't anything Final Fantasy about it really. It was more or so like Halo mixed with spiritual influence from various religions. This movie however had what fans wanted, and that was actual homage to the games. Or call it fan service if you want to. The game they picked wasn't the most perfect but is the most loved out of all the others. Many people complain about the fighting scenes saying that they are too fast, I was never lost in the action and ended up being the one to fill in others who were watching it. Also there was no reason for the storyline to expand very much due to the fact that everything was covered in the game. Even those who didn't have much of a character in the movie didn't need more screen time because the movie wasn't about them. The movie was mostly about Cloud and his inner demons which were the results of what he'd been through in the game. All in all this movie was great and has become one of the most watched in my DVD collection. Expand
  17. DanylC
    Jan 23, 2009
    I thought the movie was fantastic. The only reason it drops a point is perhaps having a less-than-coherent plot (or maybe it was just the English translation). Maybe it wasn't the plot, though... Maybe it was the lack of explanation on certain things. By the way, Metacritic.com's description of the movie gets a 0 for getting the plot synopsis absolutely wrong. No one I thought the movie was fantastic. The only reason it drops a point is perhaps having a less-than-coherent plot (or maybe it was just the English translation). Maybe it wasn't the plot, though... Maybe it was the lack of explanation on certain things. By the way, Metacritic.com's description of the movie gets a 0 for getting the plot synopsis absolutely wrong. No one investigates geostigma; it becomes unraveled in the course of the film. The only ones trying to "strike back at the planet" are the villains, while the heroes logically try to protect it. Mention Sephiroth, dammit! The most awe-inspiring and fearsome villain of all time deserves to at least be mentioned. Expand
  18. Jun 26, 2013
    A film that requires a heap of context to understand or enjoy and is not for the casual viewer. For those who played through the game (Final Fantasy VII), Advent Children is as evocative and engaging as anything, seeing beloved characters fully visualised in photo-realistic CGI was worth the price of admission alone for many. Yes, fan-service, yes, fans only.
  19. Aug 6, 2012
    This is one of the movies you have to go with an open mind to it, because I admit: It ain't easy to fully understand. Following the events of verious games and putting them into a 101 minuted movie is not a very simple thing to do. For the works, the movie was incredible aas well as intense. The CGI was...oh, I'm so dazzled. There are no words for the quality this movie contains. It isThis is one of the movies you have to go with an open mind to it, because I admit: It ain't easy to fully understand. Following the events of verious games and putting them into a 101 minuted movie is not a very simple thing to do. For the works, the movie was incredible aas well as intense. The CGI was...oh, I'm so dazzled. There are no words for the quality this movie contains. It is and will always be the best Final Fantasy ever. Expand
  20. Nov 19, 2012
    Perfect movie made for fans, its been 6 years since the release and still has the best animation made so far. If you don´t know the story you will probably don´t get most of it, but still its worth seeing for its animation.
  21. Jan 17, 2013
    I have no problem admitting I'm a Final Fantasy fanboy. I adore this film. Great visuals, being based on FFVII it has great characters who's voice acting was superb. the action scenes are "cool" enough to be enjoyed by anybody and there are enough nods towards the original game, from the obvious (Tifas 'Victory' ringtone) to the more subtle (like the limit breaks within the film)

If you

If you can't understand what is happening, then you can either try to pay more attention instead of playing on your phone through the entire damn movie, or maybe just go back to your wooden 'fit the hole' toys.

This film gave all the ups and downs you expect.

and Aeris....

what else do you need.
  22. Jan 22, 2014
    This movie was excellent.If someone wants to know even a bit of final fantasy lore,then this movie is a really good place to start.A Stupendous movie with exceptional animation....This is coming from someone who watched this movie in 2014....so yeah ENJOY!
  23. Jun 1, 2014
    If you have ever played Final Fantasy 7, or even Final Fantasy Crisis Core on the PSP, then this is a must see; as it has brilliant graphics and a fantastic story, if you are a Final Fantasy fan, then it is definitely worth watching. I would recommend it to anyone
  24. Nov 2, 2014
    The fan service is strong with this one. But in all seriousness, it turned out to be a really good sequel.... If you managed to understand the plot (Which for the most part I did) One thing I will point out though... WHY DO CLOUD AND TIFA GET ALL THE SCREEN TIME? (Poor Barret, Vincent, Yuffie, Red XIII, Cid, and Cait Sith)

The Making of Advent Children, is easily the best of all the features. In lieu of a commentary track, this is the only bridge between fans and the creation of this beautiful work.
    It's an amazing technical feat that Nomura's team have pulled off here, and an impressive first foray into the alien world of movie making. Coming from a team that's used to making CG cinemas less than five minutes long, Advent Children is a surprisingly auspicious debut. Here's hoping they do it again.
  3. The quintessential gaming flick it is not, but Advent Children still satisfies, both to fans and casual viewers.