7.8

1. PaulC.
    Mar 11, 2006
    This game is the very definition of "whatever you put into it, you get out of it". Let me start off by saying that this is not an easy game to understand. The manual is o.k.,but lackluster, the interface is confusing and the graphics are just enough to get by. So why did I rate it a 9? If you really, really commit to this game and look at the forums online, look for strategy guides This game is the very definition of "whatever you put into it, you get out of it". Let me start off by saying that this is not an easy game to understand. The manual is o.k.,but lackluster, the interface is confusing and the graphics are just enough to get by. So why did I rate it a 9? If you really, really commit to this game and look at the forums online, look for strategy guides online, read the manual TWICE, play through the first mission at least 3-4 times,then it hits you like a ton of bricks----this is an incredibly deep,complex and ultimately very rewarding game. Now you're probably wondering that no game is worth investing all that time just to figure out HOW to play it. However, if you do take the time, you will come away with a fun, complex strategy game with infinite replay value that you may find yourself playing for YEARS. Yes, its that deep. Expand
  2. CaseyS.
    Mar 3, 2006
    I understand the negative reviews but I have to disagree. This game does have a steep learning curve, but it's very much worth it. You can control your troops using the Move command, and change their tactics in mid battle. If anything, I thought the troops were too responsive to the Move command. Also, you have to take into consideration the board - if you move onto a square with I understand the negative reviews but I have to disagree. This game does have a steep learning curve, but it's very much worth it. You can control your troops using the Move command, and change their tactics in mid battle. If anything, I thought the troops were too responsive to the Move command. Also, you have to take into consideration the board - if you move onto a square with nothing, you can't recruit, but if you move forward to an outpost/sign of some sort, you can. There is a lot of room for improvement with the graphics and the sound, but the gameplay is solid. Expand
  3. PaytonB.
    Apr 6, 2006
    This is a fun game that u need to get the hang of before you can get good at it but once you it is very intersting. It is almost like a RTS but not totaly. It is a very good game. The negative reviews are correct in some aspects but not all of them this is a very fun game.

Here's the major problem: You're only allowed to control the main commander during the skirmishes. When you're not issuing seemingly useless orders to your head honcho, you're forced to sit and watch your nameless grunts swing wildly until they eventually hit something (the enemy, if you're lucky).
    What little action there is to see is so far out of your controllable scope that you'll watch the battles simply to delude yourself into thinking there is something worth watching in the game.
    Generation of Chaos has a bunch of cool ideas, but a bulk of the appeal lies buried underneath a confusing interface and a poorly designed menu system.