God of War: Chains of Olympus PSP

8.6

1. Oct 9, 2014
    its the same game press x to win the game isn't very good and when it is the controls are horrible while its a fun game to play its not really a good game
  2. MikeM.
    Apr 16, 2008
    A mediocre game. No multiplayer was a big disappointment for me personally, I've come to expect more than just 1 player games these days. The graphics are the best feature. The controls are rather simplistic and it gets a tad repetitive. This is not a game warranting over 80 scores, so it is clearly being overhyped. Knowing Sony, they probably paid for more viral marketing and biased A mediocre game. No multiplayer was a big disappointment for me personally, I've come to expect more than just 1 player games these days. The graphics are the best feature. The controls are rather simplistic and it gets a tad repetitive. This is not a game warranting over 80 scores, so it is clearly being overhyped. Knowing Sony, they probably paid for more viral marketing and biased reviews. Expand
  3. Oct 10, 2011
    My favorite part of this high-intensity action game is wandering around hallways with no enemies, pushing blocks around for fifteen minutes. So badass! The great graphics really enhance the hardcore "press square repeatedly to kill everything on screen and automatically win" gameplay. I like to watch Jersey Shore unironically, so you can imagine how much I appreciate shallow things.
  4. BenjiBoy
    Mar 5, 2009
    However did this average button masher get so overrated? The graphics are nice and there are a few half decent puzzles, but the game play is mostly dull and the story hard to care about. Also, is the main character supposed to be a pastiche of everything wrong with American game heroes? Or do the developers just have no sense of humor at all? Put it right on the bottom of your PSP wish However did this average button masher get so overrated? The graphics are nice and there are a few half decent puzzles, but the game play is mostly dull and the story hard to care about. Also, is the main character supposed to be a pastiche of everything wrong with American game heroes? Or do the developers just have no sense of humor at all? Put it right on the bottom of your PSP wish list and don't let it move from there! Expand
  5. VincentV.
    Apr 8, 2008
    Kind of disappointing. The commercials made me expect a lot more. Had it not been for that I would've given it a 7. Good graphics, good gameplay, all round OKAY game...
  6. BrydenJ
    Oct 18, 2009
    Contrary to what others are saying, this game wasn't great. It was good, don't get me wrong, but it isn't the greatness that other people say it is. The game looked great but was too short. To me, Chains of olympus felt like God of War Lite. It just didn't feel like pure God of War.
  7. BenjaminL.
    Apr 18, 2008
    This game is amazing to look at and the play is tremendous but it lacks durability. I completed it on normal within a week and although mini-games are opened up, I am not sure whether this will draw me back to the game. However, that is the only disappointments with this game but it is a biggie. Like I said, the game is stunning and one of the most impressive games to grace the PSP.
  8. AnonymousMC
    Nov 22, 2008
    This is certainly NOT the best PSP game. Sure, it's very pleasing graphically, and its part of agreat series, but I feel like the only reason why it's rated so high is because of the "God of War" title.
    The story is mediocre at best. It's certainly not the best of the three games. The gameplay is excellent, but I found that the controls were very unresponsive. A lot of the times, you will spin the analog stick and the game will say you didn't This also happens with blocking, attacking, etc.
    Don't get me wrong, I liked the game. However, mediocre story, 7-8 play-through, and unresponsive controls make me not want to go through it again.

#2 Most Discussed PSP Game of 2008
#1 Most Shared PSP Game of 2008

1. Is it as good as the two PS2 God of War games? Not quite, but it's close. The fact that a PSP port of God of War can be this close to the legendary originals is amazing.
  2. There are titles for every console that truly define the platform, and God of War: Chains of Olympus is one of those titles. Stunning graphics the likes of which we’ve never seen, an incredible soundtrack that rivals PS3/Xbox 360 titles, standout voice work, and gameplay that is on-par with the two previous PS2 titles makes this a must-own for any fan of the series.
    The PSP hasn’t yet seen a game with this much polish, this much visual punch, or this much bloody satisfaction. Everything feels meaty, be it the clash of weapon on flesh or the substantial amount of gameplay depth and environmental design. Not only is Chains of Olympus a worthy addition to the God of War franchise, it also stands on its own as a triple-A title in the PSP library.