8.8

1. Sep 16, 2011
    Its definatly not a bad game, but its pretty disappointing, only about 3 bosses. The graphics are nice, but the game kinda gets repetitive and creepy. The story is kinda uninteresting. Comparing to this Persona 3 portable. God of war simply has no replay value, nothing fun about it, not much variety, nothing new or cool to explore, no eastereggs, etc. The story of Persona 3 was so well done, characters, developement, it was also a very long game. God of War was way too short. It is impressive for 2008 and if this game were released now, it would probably get a lower score. But the main problem is that its very forgettable. The bosses arent that fun. And it gets too repetitive. Expand
  2. Oct 10, 2011
    My favorite part of this high-intensity action game is wandering around hallways with no enemies, pushing blocks around for fifteen minutes. So badass! The great graphics really enhance the hardcore "press square repeatedly to kill everything on screen and automatically win" gameplay. I like to watch Jersey Shore unironically, so you can imagine how much I appreciate shallow things.
  3. Apr 27, 2011
    9/10 = Amazing = This is one of the PSP's greatest titles. Excellent and very badass action game.
  4. Feb 12, 2012
    The best PSP game I ever owned. I beat this game over ten times and unlocked a majority of the extras including the characters. Excellent game with decent replay value and extras to unlock to keep you blood thirsty for more!
  5. Aug 28, 2010
    I loved this game. The controls were amazingg, the story was good, and just everything about it was great... Except for the fact that it has no replay value. I beat it in 9 hours, (I know, I took my time.) And I bought it for $12 so I guess thats alright. But I wanna continue killing stuff as Kratos without doing another campaign. I'm just one of those people that dont replay the campaign on videogames. Expand
  6. Nov 4, 2010
    Almost everything from the PS2 titles is brought to the PSP just about flawlessly. All of the combos you know are here, as are magics, weapons, quick-time events, goofy unlockable costumes, etc. Anyone who played GoW will find that this looks & plays just like they remember. I thought it controlled well too, and that's what most people gripe about on the PSP. The few minor complaints are the same too: short duration, not enough story, never enough boss fights. Overall though, it's brutally good. Expand
  7. Nov 11, 2010
    Great fun and fresh experience. Stays true to GoW heritage. Great graphics that stays at high framerate. Great sound and music. Wish the game was longer but that's a good sign.
  8. Sep 10, 2011
    It may not be the best game in the series but this is definitely one of, if not the best game on the PSP, the graphics are amazing, I was shocked that this was a PSP game, the soundtrack is awesome, and if you were worried that the controls would suffer don't be, if you played a game in this series before you will instantly grasp the controls, only one or to minor adjustments were made but they never caused me any problem, and the action is just as fun and gory as you remember it, and the new weapons are awesome, the Gauntlet of Zeus is particularly cool, my main problem is that tis adventure isn't as memorable as the first two games on the PS2, the story which takes place before the events of the first game and tells about Kratos time serving the gods, wasn't really all that great, basically the world is in trouble and Kratos needs to kill stuff, nothing really all that interesting, but it does pack an emotional moment that really makes you feel for Kratos, and it is pretty short, but things like un-lockable costumes and videos, and the challenge of hades mode will make you come back once or twice more, it's not the best in the series but if your a fan of the series who owns a PSP, or just a PSP owner looking for a great game, you really should get this, it's a huge achievement for the PSP. Expand
  9. Jun 6, 2011
    Best PSP Game Ever!......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... Expand
  10. Jun 15, 2011
    i love god of war. i just wanted to get that out of the way. i got this game not 1 day ago and it lags like nothing else. i mean it doesn't break the game or ruin the experience but its majorly distracting. but everything else is good!
  11. Oct 17, 2011
    For a handheld game this is amazing. One is enthralled by the amazing landscape and the meticulous game play. Kratos as a character is the marlon brando of the gaming world and u just cant help but getting inside the mind of the character and feel his emotions
  12. Jan 13, 2012
    God of War: Chains of Olympus for the Playstation Portable was great as if gave my inner killer great Spartan rage!!SCEA did a beautiful job on the graphics as well!

Good Job!

13. Mar 20, 2013
    What a beatiful game. I´ve played it in PS3 in HD, but I´m pretty sure this is the best psp game. The Graphics, the story, the fresh weapons and magic.The bosses are great and this game has really nice difficulty, a bit frustrating in high modes. It has an awsome storyline, only a bit short for me. If you are a GOW fan you must play this one.
  14. Sep 20, 2012
    This is the game that got me into the God of War series, its the first GOW that ive played and to me its a classic. If you've played god of war before than you'll love this game,they've taken nothing you love about the series out and u even get some cool moments with Kratos's family. The only problem i personally have with the game is how long it is.....which isnt very long.It took me exactyly 3 and a half hours to be it every time i beat it,and a lot of people complain about the boss fights,how there are not enough. There are enough you fight two of the bosses twice,and the last boss is so cinematic you can compare it to anything on the console games. If you have a psp or now a vita then either buy it or download it because its well worth your money Expand
  15. Apr 11, 2012
    Realy good one. I don't understand why people stamp 1 or 0 score on it. That is just not fair.
  16. Jul 25, 2013
    I played this game on Vita and this is still one of the best title I can get on this hendheld. Great story, great gameplay, so much fun. Love GOW, I am waiting for the GOW title espacially for PS Vita.
  17. Nov 24, 2012
    La jugabilidad es buena, los gráficos muy buenos para psp, el argumento es algo simple, no tiene la profundidad del God of War 3 de PS3, pero cumple para un juego de portátil, en mi opinión. Le falta algo de personalización, ya que sólo consigues 3 armas en todo el juego que mejoras hasta el máximo bastante antes de que termine el juego.
  18. Jan 12, 2013
    A few minor errors but still a good game full of action and adventure. I don't really mind if there is no multi-player since i have the new PlayStation Portable. Defenetly worth the money.
  19. Jan 10, 2013
    wow. another button masher. god of was, obviously, is a graphic, enemies and X button. Here we got average graphic, enemies and X button. Developers, please, use all buttons of this console. There is O left to X, really.
  20. Jan 31, 2013
    God Of War is Indeed the God of All PSP Games so Far. No Second Thoughts on that. The Moment you start playing this Game, you will find it hard enough to keep that frikkin psp Away !!
  21. Aug 14, 2013
    All of the hype and great ratings brought me towards the game and the horrible system and simple bosses brought me away from the PSP. Simply said, this game offered no challenge and the random sex scene in the game proved to be pointless.
  22. Sep 27, 2013
    Chains of Olympus takes place before the original GOW, the gameplay is the same as the first GOW, the graphics are really good for a portable device and although the story is not as great as the other GOWs it is still pretty good.
  23. Sep 28, 2013
    Todavía God of War es capaz de impresionarnos en la consola de PSP con la entrega "Chain of Olympus". En él se encuentra uno de los mejores finales en la historia de God of War, y aunque los gráficos no sean la gran cosa, ésta historia que no conocíamos sobre el oscuro pasado que atormenta a Kratos te mantendrá con lo ojos pegados a la pantalla de la PSP (no recomiendo jugarlo en PS3).
  24. Apr 8, 2014
    Gameplay:
    Ready at Dawn did a stellar job on working the control scheme around the PSP's lack of a second analog stick. The controls are smooth and responsive, leading to seamless gameplay. Gameplay is identical to previous God of War's, you'll use a combination of weapons and magic to defeat your foes. The other sections of this game will comprise of puzzles, quick-time events, and few
    boss battles that are included in the game. It is very impressive that the gameplay remained intact from it's console counterparts. It seems as if the limitations of the PSP are nonexistent. Unfortunately, the game is short in length, so the amazement doesn't last for long.

Story:
    Chains of Olympus takes place before the original God of war, but after Ascension. Kratos, during his 10-year service to the Gods, is sent to Attica to destroy the invading Persian army. After the victory, Kratos experiences the fall of the sun, bringing darkness to the world. Kratos is subsequently tasked by Athena to find Helios, the Sun God. The game takes place in many settings, including Attica, The Temple of Helios, River Styx, Tartarus, and more. The storyline is strong, depicting Kratos' growing anger for the Gods and all of their requests. It answers questions from Kratos' past and shows the reasons for his anger in the main series.

Graphics/Appearance:
    This game proved that if a talented developer took their time on crafting a game on the PSP, it could surpass some PS2 games graphically. The graphics are mind-blowing throughout the duration of the game. That's not to say there aren't any technical faults. The game has occasional screen tearing and frame rate drops. The good thing is it only occurs while roaming around the map and not during actual combat. It's very minor, and does not take away from the experience.

Pros:
    -Smooth Controls
    -Good Story
    -Amazing Graphics
    -Console-Quality Experience

Cons:
    -Short Length (5-8 Hours)
    -Occasional Screen Tearing and Frame Rate Drops

Verdict:
    Anyone who owns a PSP and does not own Chains of Olympus, is doing themselves a disservice. I highly recommend this game! Casual gamers may not enjoy it because the game can become difficult in certain instances, but it shouldn't stop you from playing the game. The controls are smooth, the gameplay remains intact, and it feels like a console-experience.
  25. Feb 8, 2014
    This game is absolutely spectacular. It has great graphics for a PSP game. Game play is simple and fun, it doesn't frustrate you. Story is satisfying like the other games in the series. Boss fights are very exciting, I love it. And Kratos is awesome as usual. It deserves 10 out of 10.
  26. Mar 26, 2014
    This is a gem for every player with excellent graphics for the time, it's time to say that after the two God of War Games, this is awesome game to play.

1. Is it as good as the two PS2 God of War games? Not quite, but it's close. The fact that a PSP port of God of War can be this close to the legendary originals is amazing.
  2. There are titles for every console that truly define the platform, and God of War: Chains of Olympus is one of those titles. Stunning graphics the likes of which we’ve never seen, an incredible soundtrack that rivals PS3/Xbox 360 titles, standout voice work, and gameplay that is on-par with the two previous PS2 titles makes this a must-own for any fan of the series.
    The PSP hasn’t yet seen a game with this much polish, this much visual punch, or this much bloody satisfaction. Everything feels meaty, be it the clash of weapon on flesh or the substantial amount of gameplay depth and environmental design. Not only is Chains of Olympus a worthy addition to the God of War franchise, it also stands on its own as a triple-A title in the PSP library.