7.6

1. HarryD.
    Oct 30, 2006
    Its an awesome game with great graphics. I'm suprised that they could fit such a good game on that small disc.
  2. JamesF.
    Nov 5, 2005
    Without a doubt one of the best handheld games I have played, a true return to form for GTA. It feels like a trip back to the old skool rules of GTA3. I see many have complained about the controls, I see no problem with them, it all feels fluid and cars drive like a dream. Ok so sometimes you might shoot a fat granny instead of a theiving pimp, but I cant recall a GTA where that Without a doubt one of the best handheld games I have played, a true return to form for GTA. It feels like a trip back to the old skool rules of GTA3. I see many have complained about the controls, I see no problem with them, it all feels fluid and cars drive like a dream. Ok so sometimes you might shoot a fat granny instead of a theiving pimp, but I cant recall a GTA where that doesn't happen. Great fun, get it and cause havoc till ya eyes bleed. Expand
  3. Oct 2, 2011
    Not as good as Vice City Stories but you still get the same Liberty City as in GTA 3 and the missions are pretty decent. It is basically a more up-to-date version of GTA 3 but on a portable console. Is there anything wrong with that? No! How can there be?!?
  4. Jan 1, 2014
    Its not the best GTA game but Liberty City Stories is still entertaining and has great characters and a good storyline. Plus it being the first PSP GTA its another big leap for the series.
  5. Nov 7, 2011
    It is even better than Grand Theft Auto III because you can play this game on the go on your PSP. It is mostly the same as GTA3, but there is little wrong with that.
  6. Manny
    Jan 2, 2006
    The Grand Theft Auto games for the Playstation 2 were all flawed masterpieces. For the most part, the oddly unresponsive and wonky controls were made up for by an innovative open ended world and lots of things to do. Unfortunately, I can't say the same about this new mini version. First of all, the controls have been made even worse--partly because of the ridiculous analog pad, and The Grand Theft Auto games for the Playstation 2 were all flawed masterpieces. For the most part, the oddly unresponsive and wonky controls were made up for by an innovative open ended world and lots of things to do. Unfortunately, I can't say the same about this new mini version. First of all, the controls have been made even worse--partly because of the ridiculous analog pad, and partly because the controls are even more unresponsive and troublesome than before. This might be excusable if they were able to bring the gamplay to the small screen intact, but that's just not the case. Sure, the mindless violence is here, and you'll have fun for a while messing around in Liberty City, but the game is more limited and the missions blander. Not only that, but it's also more uneven. some parts are too hard and many too easy. Expand
  7. Spyhunter
    Nov 1, 2005
    The camaera bugs out on me when I shoot.
  8. DonkeyKong
    Nov 1, 2005
    Shallow and repetitive. This was not a very good personal introduction to the series.
  9. Katjya
    Nov 7, 2005
    Proves once and for all that any version of a 3D Grand Theft Auto will get high score no matter how flawed.. I find it hard to believe that none of the problems have been fixed from previous games : ( They should have made a new, smaller city and focused on mayhem, not story and made the characters control better. This is just a rehash to make money and I'm ashamed to have bought it.
  10. J.G.
    Nov 6, 2005
    They need dual analogs. The whole series was built around it, so you can't just port it to a system that doesn't let you use two analog sticks.
  11. DonNoddy
    Nov 7, 2005
    The first game for adult gamers on the move. Who on earth wants to rub and talk to their game machine in public, and forever be branded a Fag. GTALCS is more than a game but a status symbol with excellent control and great graphics. Put aside your your blind faith in an archaic gameboything and be Somebody.
  12. alwaysright
    Dec 8, 2005
    Hmm, I'm glad to see the reviewers who waited to post their reviews (AKA, those who actually spent some time with it...) are giving some more realistic marks to this mediocre game. Of my 12 PSP games, I actually play this one the least, and it's one of the reasons I bought the PSP. Look past the graphics and you'll see a game that suffers from floaty gameplay and a boring story.
  13. Mar 23, 2012
    I had great expectations about this game, but I'm disappointed. The controls are terrible, and the stuff is almost unplayable for me after a few missions.
  14. Sep 6, 2013
    la historia de este juego es poco especial y prohiben mas cosas que en el primero siendo que grand theft auto se destaca por el espacio de juego y la comodidad en este un mala hazaƱa por parte de Rockstar games
  15. Nov 16, 2013
    I have a feeling that Liberty City was just a bit too big of a bite for the original PSP and its main bottleneck the UMD. I never got around to finishing this game, because it just felt too dumbed down compared to GTA games that I've played on the PC before it. I also couldn't care less about the characters, which felt very shallow. Something not common for a GTA game. And then there wereI have a feeling that Liberty City was just a bit too big of a bite for the original PSP and its main bottleneck the UMD. I never got around to finishing this game, because it just felt too dumbed down compared to GTA games that I've played on the PC before it. I also couldn't care less about the characters, which felt very shallow. Something not common for a GTA game. And then there were the controls, PSP in general had terrible controls whit just one thumb stick and this game made the lack of the second one very obvious. The targeting system was downright terrible. Expand
  16. Jan 22, 2014
    I LOVE the PSP version and still play it to this day. It is fun GTA carnage on the go. It may feel like a watered-down clone of San Andreas (which is my favorite), but its on a handheld. Sadly the same can't be said about the PS2 version. That version sucks. This version doesn't.
  17. Jun 9, 2014
    Some things are good, but poor plot bad characters, and not up to standard with other gta games

dawdawdawdawdawdawdawdawdawdawdawdawdawdawdawdawddwwswsw
  18. Joeyboy
    Nov 4, 2005
    I'm sorry but i don't inderstand what people are expecting rating this game below an 8...the game is amazing for a handheld and the multiplayer is some of the best i have played ...and including ur own music for radio stations is great.
  19. Er81hui
    Oct 31, 2005
    This is the coolest game in PSP, the whole city fit into one pocket...i cant stop playing it...those who critic the game must be lousy gamers...
  20. GDB
    Oct 30, 2005
    It's not a watered down port but full blown GTA. Anyone who calls this overrated, just doesn't get GTA. For fans of the franchise, this is a must have. It's THE reason to buy a PSP.
  21. TK.
    Oct 7, 2005
    It is a FULL gta game on such a small disc, it is GTA 3 plus loads more, it lasts 4 hours and has no load times exept at game start up and when traveling between islands and those loads are only about 15 seconds and it has seven multi player modes for up to six players, whats not to like?
  22. ThembanN.
    Feb 6, 2006
    the game good and playable.good graphic and tricky stants.
  23. TayE.
    Mar 25, 2006
    This game is great, all of the Grand Theft Auto mayham in the palm of your hand. Bringing back the First PS2 maps brings back memories. I like that they added the motorcycles and the old school games.
  24. Barry
    Mar 5, 2006
    finaly you can play grand theft auto on a handheld computer (psp) grafics are good like the gameplay and the fack u can play multi player on it as well so keep it up rockstar.
  25. JipR.
    Jul 5, 2006
    it are really good graphics and the missions are fun but san andreas is a lot bigger with more extras why did they drop things like eating and getting stronger.
  26. Sonny
    Nov 1, 2005
    What does GTA offer, If we had to look at the single elements of the game we can compaire them to other games like Crazy Taxi, Burnout,stuntman,Emergency,Chase HQ, as you can guess its also non af those games but GTA. The controls are not as bad as everybody is talking about and at the end of the day if you ever fancy some bloody carnage just get GTA for your pocket.
  27. BenJ.
    Nov 14, 2005
    Simple fun and nothing wrong with it
  28. Red
    Nov 1, 2005
    Very impressive game i mean all those mag reviews and theres scores cant be all wrong can they. well can they PUNK.
  29. ArticMonkey
    Nov 4, 2005
    I Know its been said but this is a handheld game not a full console, it does have console quality graphics the controls are fine after a quick adjustment(they can be customised) and to those who moan about the missions, save points and shallowness remember this has never been achived before, they have already announced a second GTA and things can and will improve, GTA III wasn't I Know its been said but this is a handheld game not a full console, it does have console quality graphics the controls are fine after a quick adjustment(they can be customised) and to those who moan about the missions, save points and shallowness remember this has never been achived before, they have already announced a second GTA and things can and will improve, GTA III wasn't perfect but we loved it. A year ago you wouldn't have believed this at all.... Expand
  30. DAVES.
    Genius accomplishment, superb multi-player
  31. SteveK.
    Nov 4, 2005
    Compared to the other games on PSP, this by far, hands down, the best. It is very addicting and extremely fun to play. I agree with other people that the PSP reviews should be written comparing PSP games and not comparing PSP games versus console counterparts. Compare apples to apples not apples to oranges. A PSP game can not compare to a consule game due to the screen size and sound Compared to the other games on PSP, this by far, hands down, the best. It is very addicting and extremely fun to play. I agree with other people that the PSP reviews should be written comparing PSP games and not comparing PSP games versus console counterparts. Compare apples to apples not apples to oranges. A PSP game can not compare to a consule game due to the screen size and sound capabilities, so don't compare the two, da!!! Expand
  32. Brad
    Nov 5, 2005
    This game is so far beyond what I thought I'd be playing on the PSP. The minor quibbles people are bringing up are so forgivable on the PSP its not even worth debating. I've played the GTA series both on my PC and my PS2 (where those earlier gripes make more sense) and surprisingly, I'm more addicted to playing GTA LCS on my PSP than all of them combined. I guess its This game is so far beyond what I thought I'd be playing on the PSP. The minor quibbles people are bringing up are so forgivable on the PSP its not even worth debating. I've played the GTA series both on my PC and my PS2 (where those earlier gripes make more sense) and surprisingly, I'm more addicted to playing GTA LCS on my PSP than all of them combined. I guess its because I'm getting a full GTA experience on my handheld. I love that the missions are quicker and things are more geared to quicker gameplay. It suits the PSP perfectly. This is the first game that made me happy to own a PSP and if you haven't played this game yet, you owe it to yourself to see how Rockstar Games/Leeds raised the bar on this one.. Expand
  33. Looney
    Nov 5, 2005
    You cant beat the feeling of sitting down on the toilet and playing GTA. Or for the more adventures out there pick it up after you have pleased your woman and enjoy GTA . basicly there is no where on dry land that you cant play GTA. fantastic game and worth every penny.
  34. GarthT.
    Nov 6, 2005
    I love gta and have played them all. But LCS is just so playable and i can play it anywhere, just whip it out and 5 seconds later im in a virtual little world. i even just drove around in 1st person simulation style, and was amazed to see the realistic traffic obeying rules, with the occasional hoodlum going nuts then taking chase and smashing them off the road, very satisfying road rage.I love gta and have played them all. But LCS is just so playable and i can play it anywhere, just whip it out and 5 seconds later im in a virtual little world. i even just drove around in 1st person simulation style, and was amazed to see the realistic traffic obeying rules, with the occasional hoodlum going nuts then taking chase and smashing them off the road, very satisfying road rage. This game has equal depth to a console gta but in my pocket. And whos kidding who? Slithy, you are obviously ONE jealous DS owner who keeps posting 3-4 bad reviews in a row every few days. You havent played the game which is evident by your comments and you say the same thing in all of your 20 reviews at least entertain us with some witty negative comments but your attitude is getting old. The controls are not really a problem it plays well. All i can say is, if your a mature gamer with a PSP and you dont have LCS yet then go buy it now. Expand
  35. BobX.
    Nov 7, 2005
    The game is allright but the controlls are so HORRIBLE that I want to just shoot myself in the head. Also, the psp doesnt lend itself well ot games that require a bit of time to play as the battery tends to crap out quickly and with little warning. if you get grand theft you bettter stay close to a power source at all times. Three times nowI've had it quit on me mid mission. Still it The game is allright but the controlls are so HORRIBLE that I want to just shoot myself in the head. Also, the psp doesnt lend itself well ot games that require a bit of time to play as the battery tends to crap out quickly and with little warning. if you get grand theft you bettter stay close to a power source at all times. Three times nowI've had it quit on me mid mission. Still it is by far the best psp game. Expand
  36. LexNEX
    Nov 7, 2005
    Reading the reviews from the websites is like stepping into the twilight zone. They complain about controls that piss them off, lame story, lame missions and yet, they still get a high score. Why? Because it's on the PSP? Well, if that's a good excuse for a game being bad, then I don't want to be playing portable games anymore. Did they rate it high because of the graphics? Reading the reviews from the websites is like stepping into the twilight zone. They complain about controls that piss them off, lame story, lame missions and yet, they still get a high score. Why? Because it's on the PSP? Well, if that's a good excuse for a game being bad, then I don't want to be playing portable games anymore. Did they rate it high because of the graphics? Perhaps, but it does get overloaded at times. If Metacritic posted their reviews based on the wording of these reviews and not scores, it would be in the 6 range, where it belongs. They didn't take the time to make sure the game plays right on the PSP. What a waste, this could have been great. Expand
  37. PSPHater
    Nov 7, 2005
    One of the bst games you can get on your PSP. and a quick note to a previous post( how would a nintendo touch twig improve this game DUH!!.)
  38. Revu
    Nov 7, 2005
    After reading all the mag reviews i have to say that they cover most points and that there review scores are spot on, intresting that all the nintendo reviewers give this game anything below a 3 and the people who have actually played the game have given it 8 and above.
  39. Brian
    Nov 7, 2005
    Fantastic game and worth every penny. great playability great music and great graphics. I see there have been plenty of posts from our nintendo friends, i wonder why they are posting negative reviews for a game they cant play i wonder if its because they dont like the idea of sony making the handheld market popular like they did with the console market.
  40. PeterT.
    Nov 7, 2005
    You would have to be a complete DS owner not to have this game on your PSP. love the graphics and it just goes to show you how powerful the PSP is.
  41. Me
    Nov 7, 2005
    when a new games machine is launched you always get that one game that makes you think " I didnt know this machine was capable of making such technically impressive games" and the good thing about this game is that is has oodles of gameplay in it.
  42. Fred
    Nov 9, 2005
    "Older gamers have usually shunned them [Ed: Again, how do you figure?]" It's a fact. Market research has shown most older games prefer spending their freetime outside the home doing things other than playing video games, while kids bring their gameboys to school or wherever they are forced to go. this is why sony had to sweeten the deal with media functions And This is why"Older gamers have usually shunned them [Ed: Again, how do you figure?]" It's a fact. Market research has shown most older games prefer spending their freetime outside the home doing things other than playing video games, while kids bring their gameboys to school or wherever they are forced to go. this is why sony had to sweeten the deal with media functions And This is why Nintendo has had so much success with games like pokemon. Which brings me back to my first point: this game is not appropriate for a handheld system. It's akin to putting adult content on the Disney channel. Expand
  43. Wisdom
    Nov 9, 2005
    An excelent game, driving any vehical is just a treat and the size of the game is amazing. regarding battery life i use the standard battery you get with the PSP and i get excatly 3 hours 37 mins out of it, maybe im one of the lucky few who get a good charge out of my battery. the whole idea of a hand held system is thats its ment for more of a pick up and play not your marathon gameingAn excelent game, driving any vehical is just a treat and the size of the game is amazing. regarding battery life i use the standard battery you get with the PSP and i get excatly 3 hours 37 mins out of it, maybe im one of the lucky few who get a good charge out of my battery. the whole idea of a hand held system is thats its ment for more of a pick up and play not your marathon gameing session like you used to have on your ps2. Expand
  44. Mark
    Dec 4, 2005
    Wow. This game blew me away with what is possible on a handheld. It is superoir to GTA III in every way. Oh, and as for handheld gaming to be a kid thing, why do you think Sony included all the features such a music, upgrades, web browsing, videos, pictures? Maybe they are trying to prove that handheld gaming isnt a kid thing. Or maybe we should throw all that out the window in exchange Wow. This game blew me away with what is possible on a handheld. It is superoir to GTA III in every way. Oh, and as for handheld gaming to be a kid thing, why do you think Sony included all the features such a music, upgrades, web browsing, videos, pictures? Maybe they are trying to prove that handheld gaming isnt a kid thing. Or maybe we should throw all that out the window in exchange for a couple of Pokemon games. (sarcasm). Expand
  45. PaulC.
    Oct 25, 2005
    Don't listen to these bad reviews. The game is technologically incredible. I felt like I was playing GTA on my couch it was so pixel perfect. New missions,new storyline in GTA III's world makes for a fun time on the go. Bottom line: If you own a PSP, you need this game.
  46. D.W.
    Oct 25, 2005
    I've been playing for a few days and there are like 3 missions that I liked, the rest are really bad. and what's up with the battery life? sony needs to release a better battery if they're going to keep making games like this.
  47. JasonL.
    Oct 25, 2005
    LCS is the definition of a rehash. It adds nothing new and does everything WORSE than the console games.
  48. GregS.
    Oct 26, 2005
    People seem to be giving this game good reviews because it's a handheld game. but if rockstar wants us to think its as good as the console versions, then im going to judge it like a console game. The controls are bad. Really bad. And there aren't enough good missions.
  49. BillK.
    Oct 26, 2005
    The bad user reviews you are seeing are most likely the 12 year olds that get caught up in the silly PS2 vs. XBox or Halo vs GTA or PSP vs DS debates. Bottom line is this is THE best game for the PSP out right now. Period. After being heart broken that Madden 06 had major bugs, I am just elated that I have a full-fledged GTA complete with full "living," expansive city to roam freely The bad user reviews you are seeing are most likely the 12 year olds that get caught up in the silly PS2 vs. XBox or Halo vs GTA or PSP vs DS debates. Bottom line is this is THE best game for the PSP out right now. Period. After being heart broken that Madden 06 had major bugs, I am just elated that I have a full-fledged GTA complete with full "living," expansive city to roam freely in....ON A HANDHELD. Simply amazing. Expand
  50. Mattmattz_1223
    Oct 26, 2005
    What people are forgetting is that this game is unable to provide the power of the console series because it is on a handheld but i believe that Rockstar Leeds have done a near-perfect job of pulling it off, some minor issues with controls which you'll get used to. Plus the game is so big, and multiplayer is fantastic.
  51. GameFAQs
    Oct 26, 2005
    The IGN review gets it mostly right but i think the minor plusses don't make up for all the problems.
  52. KevinT.
    Dec 7, 2005
    this game got a 7.2 are you guys serious?...maybe you should get the download for the custom sound tracks....[www.1up.com]....awsome game, the missions are challenging but not too long, it's perfect for potable gaming...a must have...
  53. MiguelG.
    Oct 27, 2005
    I don't get some people. This is a portable machine (PSP) it has a battery - it's suppose to run down..., the controls are diferent (PS2 controlers are the size of this machine itself)... This is a great technical achievement, I really hope developers keep doing their best (as they did with this LCS) and do not strip down the games for battery life sake, or load times, or I don't get some people. This is a portable machine (PSP) it has a battery - it's suppose to run down..., the controls are diferent (PS2 controlers are the size of this machine itself)... This is a great technical achievement, I really hope developers keep doing their best (as they did with this LCS) and do not strip down the games for battery life sake, or load times, or whatever, just push the machine to the limits, I'll buy a spare battery, and I'll get use to the controlls. Forget about this PS2 old timers. Expand
  54. JohnnyB.
    Oct 27, 2005
    The critics of the load times and controls are just being overly critical- I picked up the controls in a matter of minutes and the load times are shorter than any of the load times on the GTA PS2 games and shorter than many other PSP titles. Sure, the game has some of the same flaws as of the other GTA titles- the cars don't handle very well at times, the camera angle isn't The critics of the load times and controls are just being overly critical- I picked up the controls in a matter of minutes and the load times are shorter than any of the load times on the GTA PS2 games and shorter than many other PSP titles. Sure, the game has some of the same flaws as of the other GTA titles- the cars don't handle very well at times, the camera angle isn't always the best, and aiming when shooting can be frustrating- but Rockstar has done a remarkable job in fitting a GTA game on a UMD and despite it's flaws, GTA:LCS is easily the best game yet for the PSP. Expand
  55. Brodie
    Oct 27, 2005
    If you've played GTA3, then you've played this game before. Also, you probably enjoyed it more when you had it on the big screen powered by your PS2. That being said, this is still a very enjoyable GTA experience. It's by far the most ambitious PSP game to come out since launch, and definatly in the top 5 of must haves for the system. It took me almost no time to adjust to If you've played GTA3, then you've played this game before. Also, you probably enjoyed it more when you had it on the big screen powered by your PS2. That being said, this is still a very enjoyable GTA experience. It's by far the most ambitious PSP game to come out since launch, and definatly in the top 5 of must haves for the system. It took me almost no time to adjust to the controls, im really not sure why so many are complaining about them. The auto lock-on is the same unreliable targeting system its always been on the consoles, nothing new there. The graphics are nice and clean, and the voice actingdialogue is what you'd expect of the series. If your burnt out of GTA, this game has nothing new to offer you. But if you want some mini-gta mayhem on the go, with the promise of dozens of fun filled hours, this is a great great buy you won't regret. Expand
  56. DougK.
    Oct 28, 2005
    I never expected to even like this game, since i got it for free. but i havent played anything else since. HELP im totally addicted .
  57. DaveandB
    Oct 28, 2005
    I'm sick of people praising this game as a "technical achievement." It's just not fun! Who cares how many polygons they got the PSP to push. I'm all about gameplay, and they took out lots of things I like about the series. GTA purists will find a lot of faults with this game.
  58. SonyGaming
    Oct 28, 2005
    The "free roming" aspects are toned down. this game is good to pick up and play for a few minutes to play through a mission or two. You'll get bored with it after a few days, though. I sure did.
  59. Mobius
    Oct 28, 2005
    A great game that captures what GTA is all about. this review ignores all other versions and assumes that the user has never seen GTA before.. OMFG what a great game the controls are exactly what you can expect from a hand held system, the graphics are may look odd but if you have seen other versions of gta then they are the same, but the PSP realy shows just how much information the PSPA great game that captures what GTA is all about. this review ignores all other versions and assumes that the user has never seen GTA before.. OMFG what a great game the controls are exactly what you can expect from a hand held system, the graphics are may look odd but if you have seen other versions of gta then they are the same, but the PSP realy shows just how much information the PSP can throw about. so great sounding great controls and great graphics. if you are one of those people who feal threatend by the PSP well go and buy a Nintendo DS along with nitendogs and you go and have a a game with the other 6 year olds who posted crank reviews for this game. GTA is for Adults only. Expand
  60. TechniM.
    Oct 28, 2005
    While technically proficient, this portable version of the great GTA series is lacking in several catagories. Yes, the controls are wonky. Yes, the missions aren't as interesting. But there's still a lot to do, so if you can look beyond those things, you might like this game. I hope Vice City Stories is better, though.
  61. Sengouku
    Oct 29, 2005
    This game is looking to be overrated. The reviews list nearly every problem I have with the game. But, sorry, I'm not going to give the game a super high score because the city is so big or whatever. The gameplay still has serious problems and they need a bigger battery.
  62. TonyM.
    Oct 30, 2005
    Best game ever!!! i cant stop playing it!
  63. Toni
    Oct 31, 2005
    It's the same city as Grand Theft Auto 3 and the same problems controls and camera and graphics are still here. About the only thing that's new is the transportation system which is totally useless. If you've been waiting to buy a PSP for this game, maybe you should save your $300 for a new console or something. This isn't worth it.
  64. BillyBraggBint
    Oct 30, 2005
    An immeasurably clumsy, glitchy mess of a videogame. Persistance is necessary; I found it hard to fight the urge to turn this off for a very long time. And then I did. Don't believe the hype, kids. This sucks.
  65. Dylan
    Oct 30, 2005
    Wow, the "pros" really overrated this one. Everyone I know who is a GTA fan has already gone back to San Andreas. The controls are terrible! And none of the missions are as cool as any in VC or SA. This happens all the time--the media hypes a game to death, then to save face, they give it a high score. In a month, they're all going to run stories asking why we're not buying this Wow, the "pros" really overrated this one. Everyone I know who is a GTA fan has already gone back to San Andreas. The controls are terrible! And none of the missions are as cool as any in VC or SA. This happens all the time--the media hypes a game to death, then to save face, they give it a high score. In a month, they're all going to run stories asking why we're not buying this game. I think gamers are smart and know a watered-down hack job when they see one. Expand
  66. LeeR
    Oct 5, 2005
    This is the reason I purchased the PSP the day it came out. Sony is known for getting Grand Theft Auto on any system they put on the market. I Have been a fan of the series since day one. I only need a NBA, NFL, and Grand Theft Auto game to keep me happy on any system. Murder on the go is the perfect stress release. Besides if I wanted to play games with crappy grafics I owuld have a DSThis is the reason I purchased the PSP the day it came out. Sony is known for getting Grand Theft Auto on any system they put on the market. I Have been a fan of the series since day one. I only need a NBA, NFL, and Grand Theft Auto game to keep me happy on any system. Murder on the go is the perfect stress release. Besides if I wanted to play games with crappy grafics I owuld have a DS right now. DS=N64=crap. Game Cube made portable= good system if they can get there hands on GTA. Expand
  67. mikeg
    Jan 3, 2006
    excellent game, controls are BETTER than most psp games to date, hint:use left and right on your pad to switch targets while holding R1 Pressfield. Controls while driving are better than some of the racing games currently out for the psp (ex. nfs).Storyline is fun, custom soundtracks are an excellent idea, hope more psp games allow in future. If you haven't played this game,excellent game, controls are BETTER than most psp games to date, hint:use left and right on your pad to switch targets while holding R1 Pressfield. Controls while driving are better than some of the racing games currently out for the psp (ex. nfs).Storyline is fun, custom soundtracks are an excellent idea, hope more psp games allow in future. If you haven't played this game, you're missing out, unless, you didn't like the ps2 titles, which are still the best action/racing games out there. Expand
  68. DrewG.
    Jan 7, 2006
    Was a very good well rounded game which was entertaining as well as providing a challenge. Also 2 player mode is a lot of fun. A must buy.
  69. ChrisA.
    Feb 5, 2006
    This is a good game for serious gamers. it dosnt take much to get into it but after a while it gets alittle boring.
  70. CoryD
    Dec 7, 2008
    Targeting issues. That sounds like way less of a problem than it really is. If you're on a mission where you have to kill a few people who are around you, good luck. The frustration of this game comes not from the difficulty, but from the fact that you'll be aiming at cars and random passers-by over the shoulders of the guys killing you, and you'll die in those same spots Targeting issues. That sounds like way less of a problem than it really is. If you're on a mission where you have to kill a few people who are around you, good luck. The frustration of this game comes not from the difficulty, but from the fact that you'll be aiming at cars and random passers-by over the shoulders of the guys killing you, and you'll die in those same spots again and again, until you get a lucky run at that mission. Expand
  71. AnonymousMC
    Jun 23, 2009
    good game with large world for the psp, but i thought it was real slow and boring. ive never been a real big fan of GTA anyway(except San Andreas, cuz i find it fast and interesting). i would suggest a rental, but don't buy it unless ur a hgardcore fan of gta
  72. Adultgamer
    Nov 11, 2005
    this game is great fun and being at the ripe old age of 45 its great to see. games like this just go to show you that there is a market for adult gamers. the controls for this game are perfect and the graphics are spot on overall a fantastic game and dont let any fuddy duddy tell you that your to old for games..
  73. Copycat
    Nov 11, 2005
    GTA: Liberty City Stories is the first game in the series to hit the PSP, and you can bet it won't be the last. Given the dismal crop of PSP titles currently available, an original PSP-only GTA game couldn't have arrived at a better time. And the good news is, Liberty City Stories is a real Grand Theft Auto game, through and through. Whether you love the GTA series or despite GTA: Liberty City Stories is the first game in the series to hit the PSP, and you can bet it won't be the last. Given the dismal crop of PSP titles currently available, an original PSP-only GTA game couldn't have arrived at a better time. And the good news is, Liberty City Stories is a real Grand Theft Auto game, through and through. Whether you love the GTA series or despite it, the fact is that Liberty City Stories is on the same quality level as its bigger brothers on the PS2, Xbox, and PC. You'll be surprised by how few compromises Rockstar made in order to bring the world of Grand Theft Auto to the PSP. Expand
  74. FredH.
    Nov 11, 2005
    Hey Fred this is a good game and I am 35 and regarding your comments my PSP currently has GTA in it as well as some hardcore porn vids two albums and a handful of pictures containing nude women on it, its people like you who haven
  75. Monkeyman
    Hmmmmmmm let me see, it
  76. GrantMcDonald
    Nov 3, 2005
    This review page is one of the funniest on the net, people who obviously havent played the game but have a DS in their pocket have some crazy desire to ridicule this FUN game. Why? This game is real good in fact i still dont know how they fitted it all in. The profressional reviewers all seem to agree that this game is a 9 even with cruddy controls so how can it be rated under 5, the only This review page is one of the funniest on the net, people who obviously havent played the game but have a DS in their pocket have some crazy desire to ridicule this FUN game. Why? This game is real good in fact i still dont know how they fitted it all in. The profressional reviewers all seem to agree that this game is a 9 even with cruddy controls so how can it be rated under 5, the only reason is to bring down the average. which is quite sad but makes for some funny reading. Expand
  77. RonJohns
    Nov 3, 2005
    After a short time the controls become an extension of my very own limbs of my personal little wrecking machine. He runs here and there making mayhem as he goes. This lifts Handheld gaming into the stratosphere.
  78. Slithy
    Nov 4, 2005
    What I gather from these reviews is that the controls are bad (this I agree with) and it's still the best PSP game (this I disagree with, Coded Arms is the best). I suggest you play a demo or even rent this game first. The media has been overrating this series for a long time. This time, I think, they went too far. Most of the good reviews from fans are probably from one or two What I gather from these reviews is that the controls are bad (this I agree with) and it's still the best PSP game (this I disagree with, Coded Arms is the best). I suggest you play a demo or even rent this game first. The media has been overrating this series for a long time. This time, I think, they went too far. Most of the good reviews from fans are probably from one or two people (they do come in groups), who bought the PSP just for this game. It's easy to convince yourself when you really want to. Expand
  79. Monty
    Nov 4, 2005
    Ive read all the user reviews and have come to the conclusion that most of them havnt even played the game. i picked up my copy on day of release and this is what i found. many reviews tell you about the control method, well there is nothing wrong with the controls, driving is spot on and walking and running has no issues either. Targeting the bad dudes is piss easy aswell, you hold the RIve read all the user reviews and have come to the conclusion that most of them havnt even played the game. i picked up my copy on day of release and this is what i found. many reviews tell you about the control method, well there is nothing wrong with the controls, driving is spot on and walking and running has no issues either. Targeting the bad dudes is piss easy aswell, you hold the R button to target and you use left or right to select a new target. the radio station are great aswell, the graphics are better than the original GTA III and the issue about saves isnt a problem because even if your on a mission you can just power off your PSP and say in 24 hours time u swtch it on again you wait 5 seconds and your back in the game exactly where you left off( this works for all PSP games as long as you havnt removed the disk) the only issue is that there is a blur when moving about but thats to be expected. do you remember when you first played GTA III and you got that feeling of awe, well stick in GTA LCS and you will get that old feeling back. overall a impressive game. and i prefere the short mission because im just happy running and driving about causing mayhem. 10/10 Expand
  80. JodyM.
    Nov 4, 2005
    To be honest, this is better than San Andreas (only because GTA SA was pish of the bitterest sort) Come on, its GTA on the way to St. Marys, Limavady, it makes school better, what more can you ask for. And I havent even played multi-player yet!!!
  81. KArgo
    Nov 4, 2005
    This game is a lot of fun, but really gets unnerving in how difficult it is. And it's not difficult because the missions are hard, but because the controls make them hard. I love it, but sometimes it makes me want to break my PSP. Yaaaahhhh! I ran over the hooker, now I'm gonna loose cause she's knocked down and can't give me my money!
  82. James
    Nov 5, 2005
    So the battery life sucks does it?!! On full charge I played for an hour and was expecting(because of other reviews) to be on 60% power but no 95% power!!! 5% power for an hour!!! You do the math. The controls do take time to get used to, only because of the size of the stick. On the last 3 GTA holding down the 2 shoulder buttons would give you the camara angle from both sides and the So the battery life sucks does it?!! On full charge I played for an hour and was expecting(because of other reviews) to be on 60% power but no 95% power!!! 5% power for an hour!!! You do the math. The controls do take time to get used to, only because of the size of the stick. On the last 3 GTA holding down the 2 shoulder buttons would give you the camara angle from both sides and the rear, on this one you have to hold L & left, right or down on the stick!!!!!!!! the stick, which is controlling the vehicle!!!!! WHAT A SHOCKER!!!!. Think of it like this, you're driving to a crossroad, you want to look left so you hold L and move the stick to your left, you are then hit by a car from your right AAARG!! The poor control setup has ruined the game for me!!! BUT and it's a big but, a simple push of the start button brings up the menu with the map, brief, stats, CONTROLS, audio, display and the brand new multiplayer sections. Go to "Controls" and change it from Control Setup 1 to Control Setup 2, now it's fixed, now it's the GTA I love. Now when driving to look left, hit L to look right, hit R to look behind you, hold both. Now you can do your drive-bys Tier2 Greek. Simple as you like. Also in this section you can swap the stick with the D-pad (I use the stick because the D-pad is a bit stiff for me) With this setup the handbrake is moved from the R button to pressing X & Square which makes for amazing power slides around corners, and leaving your index finger for grip, for better control. This setup is key because setup one is useless. Right the graphics, they are quite stunning, let down only by the blur due to the frame rate being lower than the PS2. This only occurs when on foot or on a bike and is more noticeable when Tommy is wearing black. The targeting system is fine and much improve on GTA 3 locking onto the nearest threat, NOT ONCE have I shot anyone by mistake in a heated shoot out. While holding down the Target button (R) and hitting down on the D-pad you get free aim which didn't feature in GTA 3. When in free aim mode holding down L slows down free aim giving you more control, ideal when using the stick. It's only the camara that sets the targeting apart from VC or SA. If only there was another stick! Nobody here has mentioned the sound, it's almost perfect!!! Although the radio does sound slightly like it's being streamed from the internet, but that's only because of the compression that's needed to fit on this tiny, tiny disc!! Also two words CUSTOM TRACKS!!! Go to the Audio section and it says Custom Tracks: Unavailable? Go to www.rockstar.com and download the program that converts your CDs into Custom Tracks, and listen to your favourite songs as you do a drive-by!!!! How cool is that!!!! So the only CONS of this game are: The bluring, the hard to control (on-foot) camara and (nothing to do with the game) the stick is hard to use on this game being very small, but you do get used to it. Once you get used to the controls and camara, you'll see What a fantastic game this is!!! To fit all of this on a disc that you could swallow is a miracle! The 7 multiplay levels(new to all GTA games) adds another dimension to the series. Buy it now! Someone said has nobody noticed how sparse the islands are? Yeah, sparse when I've run everyone over!!! Expand
  83. NitramTriumph
    Nov 5, 2005
    Absolutely incredible! What they've managed to squeeze onto this tiny disc is awesome. When we played the GTA3 on the ps2 for the first time, who would of thought we'd get something like it on a handheld within a few years?!? The controls system is flawed, there are collision & slow-down issues.... but this should not distract from what is a remarkable achievement.
  84. falcom
    Nov 6, 2005
    this one is like a bad ripoff game, Its not even made by the same folks who made the GTA games. If this didn't have the Grand Theft name nobody would buy it. I'm ashamed I did. GOod thing gamestop gave me lots of money for it. I'll put it towards Legend of Heroes, which should be sweeet.
  85. JoeG.
    Nov 6, 2005
    Controls better than a touchscreen. Looks better than a puppy in an empty room. With hours and hours of music it sounds better than ..."woof".
  86. General
    Nov 6, 2005
    Great Game you would be a fool not to add it to your collection. WANTED: disillusioned Nintendo owners to write reviews for the PSP. Must be able to score rival handheld games with unrealistic low scores.
  87. Bill10
    Nov 6, 2005
    If your a gamer and you like the GTA series so far then i bet your gonna like this .forget the issues with the controls because they simply dont exist. the people who complain about the controls must have boxing gloves for hands.
  88. nintendofan
    Nov 6, 2005
    Nintendogs is one of the best games to to found on the DS and the graphics are amazing so life like and how the cute little puppys walk up to the screen. its so cute. but then again i would prefere to be playing GTA picking up hookers killing cops and doing the normal hit and run thing.
  89. Hope
    Nov 6, 2005
    Fantastic ive only 2 other games Ridge Racer and everybodys golf, and this game just make my collection all that much better. not dissapointed at all.
  90. TheTruth
    Nov 6, 2005
    I was a little concerned after reading some of the poor reviews in here but after picking it up anyway and having all my doubts dissapear all i can say is that some people are complete idiots and i wish they would write review for there Nintendos and stop dissing a game they will never own. oh hang on they do have GTA on the Nintendo, maybe they are jelous that theres is a top down I was a little concerned after reading some of the poor reviews in here but after picking it up anyway and having all my doubts dissapear all i can say is that some people are complete idiots and i wish they would write review for there Nintendos and stop dissing a game they will never own. oh hang on they do have GTA on the Nintendo, maybe they are jelous that theres is a top down version. I laugh at their misguided purchaces. Expand
  91. Madmouse
    Nov 6, 2005
    Kudos for trying. they fit the whole city in the little psp. too bad it wasnt up to the task. framerates drop and the camera blows. and the little nub isnt good for driving.
  92. Bloom
    Nov 6, 2005
    Let's be honest here. THis isn't the same as the other GTA games. Nearly everything is scaled back. Once the awe of playing this game on the PSP wears away, you're left with a game that is seriously lacking in a lot of categories. Gameplay, for example. I thought the controls when you are driving were fine, but shooting and walking around is pathetic. And the person who Let's be honest here. THis isn't the same as the other GTA games. Nearly everything is scaled back. Once the awe of playing this game on the PSP wears away, you're left with a game that is seriously lacking in a lot of categories. Gameplay, for example. I thought the controls when you are driving were fine, but shooting and walking around is pathetic. And the person who made the save points should be banished from making games ever again. I don't want to leave my PSP on all night just to keep my position. Expand
  93. FredD.
    Nov 6, 2005
    Since an editor found the need to insert comment into my READER review, I think I should explain more clearly. I do think that handhelds are marketed to a younger group than console. Older gamers have usually shunned them, and that's why Sony tried to woo them with media features. Still, the average PSP owner is younger than a PS2 owner, and that's why I think this game isSince an editor found the need to insert comment into my READER review, I think I should explain more clearly. I do think that handhelds are marketed to a younger group than console. Older gamers have usually shunned them, and that's why Sony tried to woo them with media features. Still, the average PSP owner is younger than a PS2 owner, and that's why I think this game is innapropriate. I dread to think how many underage kids are getting ahold of this game. And if the PSP owner is also a PS2 owner, why would he or she need this game? It's a new story, but it's the same city. And you do most of the same things. Expand
  94. Danza
    Nov 6, 2005
    Seven 10's in a row? Looks like someone is having fun with the vote button...Come on, this game isnt all that. Wait til you play Final Fantasy VII for the PSP, that will be a great game.
  95. Yarnbgarn
    Nov 7, 2005
    Besides a few minor quibbles, this is the best portable game since Tetris rocked my world all those years ago.
  96. GeoffM.
    Nov 7, 2005
    Look slackers just go away, how can you give this brilliantly crafted game a 3 or less, you must be jealous as hell. This is the fastest loading GTA yet, has all the bells and whistles of its big brother but its all in my pocket. The Holy Grail of portable entertainment is here.
  97. Maxpower
    Nov 7, 2005
    The controls are OK, The camera drops the score since its a bit awkward at times but mostly fine. The gaphics and sound are clear and smooth. Go now to EB to try and buy a modern classic.
  98. Strated
    Nov 7, 2005
    I bought this game for the online stuff, but am disappointed. rockstar doesn;t even seem to care that their servers suck.
  99. Yana
    Nov 7, 2005
    the thing that continues to make me mad about the gta series is the targeting. they manage to mess it up with every game. This game is awesome as long as you don't get out of your car, because the driving is awesome.
  100. DSHater
    Nov 7, 2005
    Great game with no slow down what so ever, good controls and plenty of playability. I get just over 4 and half hours gameplay out of my PSP before the battery goes flat.

#1 Most Discussed PSP Game of 2005
#1 Most Shared PSP Game of 2005

1. As a value proposition, there's nothing on PSP that comes close. It's a gigantic game; the core gameplay will probably take you 40 or 50 hours to get through, and it has 33 additional "games" that have the potential to occupy you another five or even 10 hours, if you really want to push it.
  2. Although flawed, Liberty City Stories is a remarkable achievement; it shames the efforts that many other developers have put into their PSP games.
    While rough around the edges, Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories offers a deep, console-like GTA experience. There's so much to see and do that finishing the main story portion leaves around 60% of the game to experience.