7.6

1. Oct 2, 2011
    Not as good as Vice City Stories but you still get the same Liberty City as in GTA 3 and the missions are pretty decent. It is basically a more up-to-date version of GTA 3 but on a portable console. Is there anything wrong with that? No! How can there be?!?
  2. Jan 1, 2014
    Its not the best GTA game but Liberty City Stories is still entertaining and has great characters and a good storyline. Plus it being the first PSP GTA its another big leap for the series.
  3. Nov 7, 2011
    It is even better than Grand Theft Auto III because you can play this game on the go on your PSP. It is mostly the same as GTA3, but there is little wrong with that.
  4. Mar 23, 2012
    I had great expectations about this game, but I'm disappointed. The controls are terrible, and the stuff is almost unplayable for me after a few missions.
  5. Sep 6, 2013
    la historia de este juego es poco especial y prohiben mas cosas que en el primero siendo que grand theft auto se destaca por el espacio de juego y la comodidad en este un mala hazaƱa por parte de Rockstar games
  6. Nov 16, 2013
    I have a feeling that Liberty City was just a bit too big of a bite for the original PSP and its main bottleneck the UMD. I never got around to finishing this game, because it just felt too dumbed down compared to GTA games that I've played on the PC before it. I also couldn't care less about the characters, which felt very shallow. Something not common for a GTA game. And then there wereI have a feeling that Liberty City was just a bit too big of a bite for the original PSP and its main bottleneck the UMD. I never got around to finishing this game, because it just felt too dumbed down compared to GTA games that I've played on the PC before it. I also couldn't care less about the characters, which felt very shallow. Something not common for a GTA game. And then there were the controls, PSP in general had terrible controls whit just one thumb stick and this game made the lack of the second one very obvious. The targeting system was downright terrible. Expand
  7. Jan 22, 2014
    I LOVE the PSP version and still play it to this day. It is fun GTA carnage on the go. It may feel like a watered-down clone of San Andreas (which is my favorite), but its on a handheld. Sadly the same can't be said about the PS2 version. That version sucks. This version doesn't.
  8. Jun 9, 2014
    Some things are good, but poor plot bad characters, and not up to standard with other gta games

dawdawdawdawdawdawdawdawdawdawdawdawdawdawdawdawddwwswsw
  9. Jan 8, 2012
    GTA 3 in PSP,OMG....This is so cool...The Gameplay are still good as GTA Franchise,Graphic,well meh....but i don`t care about that,and this SandBox style game will suck you in for hours and hours.
  10. Mar 9, 2012
    This is one of the best GTA games, period! The city itself and the overall game-play doesn't improve on the original too much, but the story is much better and serious than other GTAs, and it easily tops GTA:VCS, which came next.
  11. Oct 31, 2012
    What do you get when you take Grand Theft Auto for the PS2 and squeeze it into a very neat UMD card trying not to loose as much as possible? A bloody fun open world chaotic master class of a game that's only draw back is its story which is far from bad. Most fun game in the PSP in my honest opinion.
  12. Jun 26, 2012
    At first I thought it was virtually impossible to put a fully complete 3D Grand Theft Auto masterpeice on a UMB for a PSP. But my hypothesis was proved wrong when Rockstar launched GTA LCS for the PSP. At first I thought it would be a far completely different experience from the GTA console version but I decided to get it (well 2 years after when it was ALOT cheaper!). When I first got itAt first I thought it was virtually impossible to put a fully complete 3D Grand Theft Auto masterpeice on a UMB for a PSP. But my hypothesis was proved wrong when Rockstar launched GTA LCS for the PSP. At first I thought it would be a far completely different experience from the GTA console version but I decided to get it (well 2 years after when it was ALOT cheaper!). When I first got it I wondered why the loading between and after cutscenes were so long but after a couple of months I became used to the 15-20 second wait when skiping cutscenes and going straight to the gameplay. I was amazed when I relized I was again back on the streets of Liberty City, the same exact one from the PS2 version of GTA III. I then became attached to this game (for a 12 yr old its normal). Even though it seems weird there are no times in the game where you can go hijack a plane and look at the beautiful 3D city from the sky. Also what got me irritated was there was no ability to swim whatsoever (not even with cheats!) so henceforth there was no ability to ride boats. But all in all the game is a great experience. The mission cut-scenes seem short but must are extremely funny (in adult and perverted ways), the voice-acting was alright, the rap stations were alright, the amount of weapons were phenominal and the gameplay was just like a GTA game. In my opinion this is an amazing experience. This game gets a 9.2/10
    -3D city really makes you want to explore the place to bits
    -the amount of weapons and missions are crazy for a small UMB disk
    -the game has lasting appeal even after the missions
    -alot of odd jobs and cheats that really keep you glued
    xloading is very annoying at times going from cutscene to gameplay again to cutscene
    xthe ability to swim,climb,and fly are not availble
    xmusic is not so amazing, only the rap music is tuned
    xthe city is not so big, compared to gta vice city stories
  13. Dec 29, 2012
    Grand Theft Auto Liberty City has to be the best GTA game for the PSP. The graphics are better than any other and the missions are so fun you will want to do it all over again. If you get a PSP this should be the first game you get
  14. Apr 22, 2015
    Gameplay:
    Gameplay:
    Gameplay is largely the same as previous installments, however, that isn't a bad thing! You can complete missions, go on a rampage, race against other cpu's, etc. I wouldn't consider Liberty City Stories a "watered-down" version of GTA. I would consider this game a console quality title, on-the-go. I'm very impressed with the seamlessness of the controls. It's a bit difficult to control at first, but it'll eventually feel as if a second analog stick isn't even necessary.

Story:
    Toni Cipriani, who was introduced earlier in the series, returns from lying low after the events of GTA 3. If you played GTA 3, you'll see many familiar faces and areas. Just like most GTA games, the main character is forced to do missions that include killing enemies, foiling plans, and every other ludicrous thing you can imagine! It's an amazing feeling to see such a great storyline, voice acting, and well-fleshed out characters appear on a handheld. The story does not disappoint and you will be satisfied by the conclusion of the game.

Graphics:
    I'm impressed with the environments, animations, car physics, etc. A lot of hard-work and dedication was put into the making of this game, and the end result is a city that feels alive. Car models are well-made, environments are detailed, and a weather system is present. This is easily one of the best looking games on the psp!

Verdict:
    I highly recommend this game! The gameplay, storyline, and graphics are impeccable! This is a must-own title if you own a psp! However, if you aren't a fan of previous titles, I wouldn't advise you to pick it up. It follows many of the mechanics that were in previous installments.

1. As a value proposition, there's nothing on PSP that comes close. It's a gigantic game; the core gameplay will probably take you 40 or 50 hours to get through, and it has 33 additional "games" that have the potential to occupy you another five or even 10 hours, if you really want to push it.
  2. Although flawed, Liberty City Stories is a remarkable achievement; it shames the efforts that many other developers have put into their PSP games.
    While rough around the edges, Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories offers a deep, console-like GTA experience. There's so much to see and do that finishing the main story portion leaves around 60% of the game to experience.