7.6

1. Mar 8, 2017
    A very good handheld GTA game. Not quite as good as some previous entries in the series but still well worth an investment, especially if you're a GTA fan.
  2. Jan 19, 2017
    If you played "GTA San Andreas" on PS2 and want a portable GTA that has the same game style, "GTA Vice City Stories" might be the better choice for you, since the free roaming is more satisfying with its design and the freedom is greater (i.e. boats, helicopter, territorial fights, making business etc.). Due to that lack "GTA Liberty City Stories" feels like a sorta stiff, straight lineIf you played "GTA San Andreas" on PS2 and want a portable GTA that has the same game style, "GTA Vice City Stories" might be the better choice for you, since the free roaming is more satisfying with its design and the freedom is greater (i.e. boats, helicopter, territorial fights, making business etc.). Due to that lack "GTA Liberty City Stories" feels like a sorta stiff, straight line story. Of course you can go on rampage and you get your typical mini games, but the whole product lacks charm. Even the ending was quick and unsatisfying. If you know "The Sopranos", some parts might remind you of that show, since it's very obvious. I haven't seen "The Sopranos" back then, but in hindsight it does not affect the game. It's just a homage. Usually GTA's radio stations are great, but GTA LCS's rather annoyed me. Of course that's just my opinion, but gladly you can use your own music from your memory card, which improved the game. Expand
  3. Nov 16, 2016
    A great early PSP title. It plays exactly the same as its PS2 counterparts, without omitting any of the features. Definitely one of the must have titles on the PSP.
  4. Jun 20, 2016
    This is the first enjoyable GTA game in my opinion. It is incredible that Rockstar was able to fit a full, 3D GTA game on a handheld. The story is interesting, the aiming controls have been improved, the graphics are amazing, and the tried-and-true GTA gameplay is there. Driving is a lot more fun as well. Overall, this is a MASSIVE improvement over Grand Theft Auto III in almost every way.This is the first enjoyable GTA game in my opinion. It is incredible that Rockstar was able to fit a full, 3D GTA game on a handheld. The story is interesting, the aiming controls have been improved, the graphics are amazing, and the tried-and-true GTA gameplay is there. Driving is a lot more fun as well. Overall, this is a MASSIVE improvement over Grand Theft Auto III in almost every way. Beware if you have a PSP-1001, however. The game runs at probably 15 fps on there. On the PSP-2001 and 3001 I noticed much better performance. Expand
  5. Feb 13, 2016
    Today is FEB 2016, still playing after 10 years. Especially woth the help of multiplayer. Grand Theft Auto - truly one of the best and mos important game series in history.
  6. Jul 21, 2015
    At first I found this game frustrating and boring, but after returning to it years later was absolutely enthralled with it. There are so many possibilities of play from stealing police cars, ambulances, fire trucks, taxis, etc. that it virtually becomes a different game for each one. That may be nothing new, nor is the ability to take out some violent aggressions peacefully in the palmsAt first I found this game frustrating and boring, but after returning to it years later was absolutely enthralled with it. There are so many possibilities of play from stealing police cars, ambulances, fire trucks, taxis, etc. that it virtually becomes a different game for each one. That may be nothing new, nor is the ability to take out some violent aggressions peacefully in the palms of your hands. With the full endorsement of mayhem, carnage and outright heinous murder the moral dilemma here is obvious. This game is great fun but disturbingly bad for society. Expand
  7. Jun 12, 2015
    Como primeiro jogo que zerei *_* , então esse jogo por mim é o melhor Grand Theft Auto , mais não vamos comparar gta v com lcs né ? , eu falo e confirmo cê lcs fosse produzido hoje em dia faria mais sucesso que o proprio gta v , ou então mesmo dessem mais valor a ele na época o sucesso seria triplicado não é mesmo ?
  8. Apr 22, 2015
    Gameplay:
    Gameplay:
    Gameplay is largely the same as previous installments, however, that isn't a bad thing! You can complete missions, go on a rampage, race against other cpu's, etc. I wouldn't consider Liberty City Stories a "watered-down" version of GTA. I would consider this game a console quality title, on-the-go. I'm very impressed with the seamlessness of the controls. It's a bit difficult to control at first, but it'll eventually feel as if a second analog stick isn't even necessary.

Story:
    Toni Cipriani, who was introduced earlier in the series, returns from lying low after the events of GTA 3. If you played GTA 3, you'll see many familiar faces and areas. Just like most GTA games, the main character is forced to do missions that include killing enemies, foiling plans, and every other ludicrous thing you can imagine! It's an amazing feeling to see such a great storyline, voice acting, and well-fleshed out characters appear on a handheld. The story does not disappoint and you will be satisfied by the conclusion of the game.

Graphics:
    I'm impressed with the environments, animations, car physics, etc. A lot of hard-work and dedication was put into the making of this game, and the end result is a city that feels alive. Car models are well-made, environments are detailed, and a weather system is present. This is easily one of the best looking games on the psp!

Verdict:
    I highly recommend this game! The gameplay, storyline, and graphics are impeccable! This is a must-own title if you own a psp! However, if you aren't a fan of previous titles, I wouldn't advise you to pick it up. It follows many of the mechanics that were in previous installments.
  9. Jun 9, 2014
    Some things are good, but poor plot bad characters, and not up to standard with other gta games

dawdawdawdawdawdawdawdawdawdawdawdawdawdawdawdawddwwswsw
  10. Jan 22, 2014
    I LOVE the PSP version and still play it to this day. It is fun GTA carnage on the go. It may feel like a watered-down clone of San Andreas (which is my favorite), but its on a handheld. Sadly the same can't be said about the PS2 version. That version sucks. This version doesn't.
  11. Jan 1, 2014
    Its not the best GTA game but Liberty City Stories is still entertaining and has great characters and a good storyline. Plus it being the first PSP GTA its another big leap for the series.
  12. Nov 16, 2013
    I have a feeling that Liberty City was just a bit too big of a bite for the original PSP and its main bottleneck the UMD. I never got around to finishing this game, because it just felt too dumbed down compared to GTA games that I've played on the PC before it. I also couldn't care less about the characters, which felt very shallow. Something not common for a GTA game. And then there wereI have a feeling that Liberty City was just a bit too big of a bite for the original PSP and its main bottleneck the UMD. I never got around to finishing this game, because it just felt too dumbed down compared to GTA games that I've played on the PC before it. I also couldn't care less about the characters, which felt very shallow. Something not common for a GTA game. And then there were the controls, PSP in general had terrible controls whit just one thumb stick and this game made the lack of the second one very obvious. The targeting system was downright terrible. Expand
  13. Sep 6, 2013
    la historia de este juego es poco especial y prohiben mas cosas que en el primero siendo que grand theft auto se destaca por el espacio de juego y la comodidad en este un mala hazaña por parte de Rockstar games
  14. Dec 29, 2012
    Grand Theft Auto Liberty City has to be the best GTA game for the PSP. The graphics are better than any other and the missions are so fun you will want to do it all over again. If you get a PSP this should be the first game you get
  15. Oct 31, 2012
    What do you get when you take Grand Theft Auto for the PS2 and squeeze it into a very neat UMD card trying not to loose as much as possible? A bloody fun open world chaotic master class of a game that's only draw back is its story which is far from bad. Most fun game in the PSP in my honest opinion.
  16. Jun 26, 2012
    At first I thought it was virtually impossible to put a fully complete 3D Grand Theft Auto masterpeice on a UMB for a PSP. But my hypothesis was proved wrong when Rockstar launched GTA LCS for the PSP. At first I thought it would be a far completely different experience from the GTA console version but I decided to get it (well 2 years after when it was ALOT cheaper!). When I first got itAt first I thought it was virtually impossible to put a fully complete 3D Grand Theft Auto masterpeice on a UMB for a PSP. But my hypothesis was proved wrong when Rockstar launched GTA LCS for the PSP. At first I thought it would be a far completely different experience from the GTA console version but I decided to get it (well 2 years after when it was ALOT cheaper!). When I first got it I wondered why the loading between and after cutscenes were so long but after a couple of months I became used to the 15-20 second wait when skiping cutscenes and going straight to the gameplay. I was amazed when I relized I was again back on the streets of Liberty City, the same exact one from the PS2 version of GTA III. I then became attached to this game (for a 12 yr old its normal). Even though it seems weird there are no times in the game where you can go hijack a plane and look at the beautiful 3D city from the sky. Also what got me irritated was there was no ability to swim whatsoever (not even with cheats!) so henceforth there was no ability to ride boats. But all in all the game is a great experience. The mission cut-scenes seem short but must are extremely funny (in adult and perverted ways), the voice-acting was alright, the rap stations were alright, the amount of weapons were phenominal and the gameplay was just like a GTA game. In my opinion this is an amazing experience. This game gets a 9.2/10
    -3D city really makes you want to explore the place to bits
    -the amount of weapons and missions are crazy for a small UMB disk
    -the game has lasting appeal even after the missions
    -alot of odd jobs and cheats that really keep you glued
    xloading is very annoying at times going from cutscene to gameplay again to cutscene
    xthe ability to swim,climb,and fly are not availble
    xmusic is not so amazing, only the rap music is tuned
    xthe city is not so big, compared to gta vice city stories
  17. Mar 23, 2012
    I had great expectations about this game, but I'm disappointed. The controls are terrible, and the stuff is almost unplayable for me after a few missions.
  18. Mar 9, 2012
    This is one of the best GTA games, period! The city itself and the overall game-play doesn't improve on the original too much, but the story is much better and serious than other GTAs, and it easily tops GTA:VCS, which came next.
  19. Jan 8, 2012
    GTA 3 in PSP,OMG....This is so cool...The Gameplay are still good as GTA Franchise,Graphic,well meh....but i don`t care about that,and this SandBox style game will suck you in for hours and hours.
  20. Nov 7, 2011
    It is even better than Grand Theft Auto III because you can play this game on the go on your PSP. It is mostly the same as GTA3, but there is little wrong with that.
  21. Oct 2, 2011
    Not as good as Vice City Stories but you still get the same Liberty City as in GTA 3 and the missions are pretty decent. It is basically a more up-to-date version of GTA 3 but on a portable console. Is there anything wrong with that? No! How can there be?!?
  22. AnonymousMC
    Jun 23, 2009
    good game with large world for the psp, but i thought it was real slow and boring. ive never been a real big fan of GTA anyway(except San Andreas, cuz i find it fast and interesting). i would suggest a rental, but don't buy it unless ur a hgardcore fan of gta
  23. CoryD
    Dec 7, 2008
    Targeting issues. That sounds like way less of a problem than it really is. If you're on a mission where you have to kill a few people who are around you, good luck. The frustration of this game comes not from the difficulty, but from the fact that you'll be aiming at cars and random passers-by over the shoulders of the guys killing you, and you'll die in those same spots Targeting issues. That sounds like way less of a problem than it really is. If you're on a mission where you have to kill a few people who are around you, good luck. The frustration of this game comes not from the difficulty, but from the fact that you'll be aiming at cars and random passers-by over the shoulders of the guys killing you, and you'll die in those same spots again and again, until you get a lucky run at that mission. Expand
  24. MikeP.
    Aug 23, 2007
    I am a pro game reveiwer and I have to say that this game isn't what it seems.Ya its controls are iffy but, it doesnt mean it can't be a good game and it isn't.If you ask me a playstation 2 is this games proper home for the psp 5/10 for the ps2 9/10
  25. HarryD.
    Oct 30, 2006
    Its an awesome game with great graphics. I'm suprised that they could fit such a good game on that small disc.
  26. RickyB.
    Sep 18, 2006
    The game stays true to form. You simply get lost in the experience and forget you are holding a PSP. The game is nearly flawless and can only improve with some new camera work. GTA is simply the greatest gaming series ever and will remain that way as long as there are video games.
  27. FreddieT.
    Jul 13, 2006
    Awesome game, graphics good, vehicles fun to ride and endless mini missions to keep you going along with an excellent story line. Only down point is no houses or businesses to buy ( or at least so far in my game! ) except safehouses given to you.
  28. JipR.
    Jul 5, 2006
    it are really good graphics and the missions are fun but san andreas is a lot bigger with more extras why did they drop things like eating and getting stronger.
  29. RyanC.
    Jun 29, 2006
    This game is as addicting as all the GTA games. Minor flaws that become significantly annoying keep it from being a 10. Glitches in the avenging angles mini mission are the most annoying. Finally after using the glitch to my advantage (crash your bike and drive away from mission director so he can't die) i was severally disappointed when the "avenger" bike I had worked so hard for This game is as addicting as all the GTA games. Minor flaws that become significantly annoying keep it from being a 10. Glitches in the avenging angles mini mission are the most annoying. Finally after using the glitch to my advantage (crash your bike and drive away from mission director so he can't die) i was severally disappointed when the "avenger" bike I had worked so hard for never respawned after my first ride. Quite frustrating. But yes good game. Expand
  30. BobE.
    Jun 12, 2006
    This game is skill and it does have helicopters in it. also just because its the same doesn't mean its suks.
  31. GregG.
    Mar 28, 2006
    Stays true to the GTA name. Good gfx for the PSP. Only problem is camera is sometimes screwed up due to the weird movement system.
  32. TayE.
    Mar 25, 2006
    This game is great, all of the Grand Theft Auto mayham in the palm of your hand. Bringing back the First PS2 maps brings back memories. I like that they added the motorcycles and the old school games.
  33. Barry
    Mar 5, 2006
    finaly you can play grand theft auto on a handheld computer (psp) grafics are good like the gameplay and the fack u can play multi player on it as well so keep it up rockstar.
  34. MitchMatch
    Feb 19, 2006
    San andreas made this game seem wak, this game has to many barriers, and you cant swim which makes it unrealistc, i also dont like how it rains about every 2 mins, besides that its good.
  35. ThembanN.
    Feb 6, 2006
    the game good and playable.good graphic and tricky stants.
  36. ChrisA.
    Feb 5, 2006
    This is a good game for serious gamers. it dosnt take much to get into it but after a while it gets alittle boring.
  37. Spike
    Jan 26, 2006
    GTA:LCS is one of the best GTA games it is better than vice city but not san andras its a good game but it is a hard game to beat.
  38. AlexL.
    Jan 18, 2006
    think about it its a portable GTA game, it might not have helicopters but theres a way to do that.
  39. Mr.Manz5
    Jan 13, 2006
    I loved this game and just cant put it down. In my all time GTA ratings list it is 3rd to only San Andreas and Vice city. The problem with this game are that you cannot save it with cheats and that the graphics arent all that.2 reasons that makes San Andreas a better choice is that in Andreas there are shops and things to explore. Another thing is that San Andreas is more Ghetto Whereas I loved this game and just cant put it down. In my all time GTA ratings list it is 3rd to only San Andreas and Vice city. The problem with this game are that you cannot save it with cheats and that the graphics arent all that.2 reasons that makes San Andreas a better choice is that in Andreas there are shops and things to explore. Another thing is that San Andreas is more Ghetto Whereas on LCS you more kill Italian-Americans. Overall this game is a must have. Expand
  40. GuyAbbott
    Jan 9, 2006
    Dont buy a psp because the games are quite sub-par and u shuld definity not by one just to play liberty citie stories, its just a capatilist ploy devised by sony to make u buy the PSP,why should you give in to them?
    Hopefully sombody creates a modified pc version and freely destibutes it to everybody,you may call this communisim but actulay its freedom!!!!!
    !Power To The People! Guy
    !Power To The People!
    Guy Abbott-New Zealand
  41. DrewG.
    Jan 7, 2006
    Was a very good well rounded game which was entertaining as well as providing a challenge. Also 2 player mode is a lot of fun. A must buy.
  42. Ross
    Jan 4, 2006
    it is a good game but there are not so much missions as in the other GTA's which i think brings my rating down as i have done them all and am gwtting bored of wandering around killing random people and looking for my extra 50% to comlete.Does anyone fell the same way?
  43. mikeg
    Jan 3, 2006
    excellent game, controls are BETTER than most psp games to date, hint:use left and right on your pad to switch targets while holding R1 Pressfield. Controls while driving are better than some of the racing games currently out for the psp (ex. nfs).Storyline is fun, custom soundtracks are an excellent idea, hope more psp games allow in future. If you haven't played this game,excellent game, controls are BETTER than most psp games to date, hint:use left and right on your pad to switch targets while holding R1 Pressfield. Controls while driving are better than some of the racing games currently out for the psp (ex. nfs).Storyline is fun, custom soundtracks are an excellent idea, hope more psp games allow in future. If you haven't played this game, you're missing out, unless, you didn't like the ps2 titles, which are still the best action/racing games out there. Expand
  44. Manny
    Jan 2, 2006
    The Grand Theft Auto games for the Playstation 2 were all flawed masterpieces. For the most part, the oddly unresponsive and wonky controls were made up for by an innovative open ended world and lots of things to do. Unfortunately, I can't say the same about this new mini version. First of all, the controls have been made even worse--partly because of the ridiculous analog pad, and The Grand Theft Auto games for the Playstation 2 were all flawed masterpieces. For the most part, the oddly unresponsive and wonky controls were made up for by an innovative open ended world and lots of things to do. Unfortunately, I can't say the same about this new mini version. First of all, the controls have been made even worse--partly because of the ridiculous analog pad, and partly because the controls are even more unresponsive and troublesome than before. This might be excusable if they were able to bring the gamplay to the small screen intact, but that's just not the case. Sure, the mindless violence is here, and you'll have fun for a while messing around in Liberty City, but the game is more limited and the missions blander. Not only that, but it's also more uneven. some parts are too hard and many too easy. Expand
  45. MrXile
    Dec 30, 2005
    With PES5 and GTA:LCS ; who needs to leave their house? GTA is the game that will make people want a PSP if they dont own one already, and if you do have a PSP - you MUST get this game.

Yeah, it kills your batter - so what, its worth it - after all, it IS a portable machine!!!
  46. Joey
    Dec 27, 2005
    GTA Liberty City Stories is one of the best games I've ever played! The packages are a little harder to find but that doesn't make the game any less great. The graphics are fantastic and it's highly highly highly highly highly reccomended!
  47. SalvyL.
    Dec 25, 2005
    Yes, the controls and difficulty are problems for people just starting out. I'll admit that I really felt almost like giving up as Toni continually moved in jerky, sporadic ways and my cars kept flipping over. However, you CAN get used to the analog nubby doodle thing. I have, and I can hardly put it down (except, of course, to recharge my PSP... everything you've heard about Yes, the controls and difficulty are problems for people just starting out. I'll admit that I really felt almost like giving up as Toni continually moved in jerky, sporadic ways and my cars kept flipping over. However, you CAN get used to the analog nubby doodle thing. I have, and I can hardly put it down (except, of course, to recharge my PSP... everything you've heard about this game being a battery killer are true...). Rockstar could have simply made a port of GTA3 and ppl'd woulda bought it, I'm sure, but this game takes Liberty City and adds a new story and tons of fun new stuff. Everything is the same, if not better, than the console brethren (except San Andreas, of course). I personally don't buy into the whole "PSP has no games!!!" hype, as there are a ton of games I'm enjoying on the portable right now. This, however, is obviously the killer app. Expand
  48. Pressfield
    Dec 21, 2005
    it really wants to be like the PS2 versions, but comes up short in so many ways. i could go on about the mindless missions, but most of the reviews, even the good ones (!) already pointed this out. the biggest problem is with the aiming, which totally blows. when a game doesn't do what you want it to do, thats not a challenge, that's bad game design.
  49. sonny
    Dec 13, 2005
    twice as fun as the original GTAIII, and just to make one thing clear there is noting wrong with the controls, the handleing of the vehicles is great fun and being on foot has no problems either i found the analog stick very precise and had perfect control over everything in game.
    the only type of person who will find the controls difficult for this game is the same type of person who uses a stick to control Mario.
  50. alwaysright
    Dec 8, 2005
    Hmm, I'm glad to see the reviewers who waited to post their reviews (AKA, those who actually spent some time with it...) are giving some more realistic marks to this mediocre game. Of my 12 PSP games, I actually play this one the least, and it's one of the reasons I bought the PSP. Look past the graphics and you'll see a game that suffers from floaty gameplay and a boring story.
  51. Simplered
    Dec 8, 2005
    This decent, open-ended game is utterly ruined by controls that are just below passable. If you struggled with the controls of the console games, watch out, this one's ten times worse. The analog stick (or whatever it is) isn't up to the task of controling running and driving. They tried to fix the aiming, but it's kinda wonky.
  52. KevinT.
    Dec 7, 2005
    this game got a 7.2 are you guys serious?...maybe you should get the download for the custom sound tracks....[www.1up.com]....awsome game, the missions are challenging but not too long, it's perfect for potable gaming...a must have...
  53. Mark
    Dec 4, 2005
    Wow. This game blew me away with what is possible on a handheld. It is superoir to GTA III in every way. Oh, and as for handheld gaming to be a kid thing, why do you think Sony included all the features such a music, upgrades, web browsing, videos, pictures? Maybe they are trying to prove that handheld gaming isnt a kid thing. Or maybe we should throw all that out the window in exchange Wow. This game blew me away with what is possible on a handheld. It is superoir to GTA III in every way. Oh, and as for handheld gaming to be a kid thing, why do you think Sony included all the features such a music, upgrades, web browsing, videos, pictures? Maybe they are trying to prove that handheld gaming isnt a kid thing. Or maybe we should throw all that out the window in exchange for a couple of Pokemon games. (sarcasm). Expand
  54. MikeG.
    Nov 27, 2005
    Best Game On The PSP or any handheld to date. A must own for anyone who has PSP.
  55. RayM
    Nov 27, 2005
    This game gets a 0, here's why:

I picked this up in an airport, really psyched to play it. Was headed home for Thanksgiving with my PSP. The price was a bit inflated because it was an airport shop, but I figured it would be worth it to while away the 5 hour flight plus the wait in the airport and the rides and down time at home and the trip back. I put the disc in, and it told
    This game gets a 0, here's why:

I put the disc in, and it told me I needed a system update to play it! If I weren't in an airport, I might have flipped out, but I didn't want to get dragged away by security. It said *nowhere* on the package that it required any specific version of firmware. It should be *required* to put that information on the box. Even if I could find a networked computer in the airport, I hadn't brought my USB connector. So I ended up dropping $59 on a game that I couldn't even end up playing.

I couldn't return it because I'd opened it, but I wouldn't have opened it (or even bought it in the first place) if the package had informed me the update was requird.

Lame. Just plane lame.
  56. MansourMansour
    Nov 26, 2005
    Psssss. Save your money, you truly don't need a head ache. This game to me was bought as a presant from my beloved mom :) I played it for abour approxamately 25 min. when my batterry went out. Good thing the battery was low because the game sucked more than a vaccum in a desert. Seriously it's like playing as a drunk, no controll. Story has problems, and many glitches in thePsssss. Save your money, you truly don't need a head ache. This game to me was bought as a presant from my beloved mom :) I played it for abour approxamately 25 min. when my batterry went out. Good thing the battery was low because the game sucked more than a vaccum in a desert. Seriously it's like playing as a drunk, no controll. Story has problems, and many glitches in the game. This game has made a clown of me <@:)
    It's hard for me to rate a GTA game that harshly, i thought that this day was never going to come:(
  57. CraigStevens
    Nov 14, 2005
    Being close to 40, i like videogames as do many of my friends, and this game is the cats pyjamas, great on every level. Now im going to rate MariokartDS, a 1, because it sux, even though i dont have a DS nor have i seen the game in action but i have seen some filthy screenshots.
  58. CraigS.
    Nov 14, 2005
    Being Australian is great but the delays for GTALCS were driving me insane. Last week I happened across a U.S. copy and paying top dollar, grabbed it. From a full charge I play for close to 4 hours, which really is quite impressive and more than enough for me. The game itself is simply GTA with little compromises, the control of the cars is the best of the series so far. All this talk of Being Australian is great but the delays for GTALCS were driving me insane. Last week I happened across a U.S. copy and paying top dollar, grabbed it. From a full charge I play for close to 4 hours, which really is quite impressive and more than enough for me. The game itself is simply GTA with little compromises, the control of the cars is the best of the series so far. All this talk of crap controls is just an excuse to give ridiculous scores, with the nub, a fine level of movement can be achieved when walking or running. Targetting is quick and painfree. I expected the graphics to be real n64 like, with blurry textures, but everywhere you go its crisp and clean, and you can read all the writing on shops. My favourite PSP game and likely to become my favourite GTA game too. Expand
  59. BenJ.
    Nov 14, 2005
    Simple fun and nothing wrong with it
  60. RoryP.
    Nov 13, 2005
    This game is probably the best psp game that will come out for the psp. Although the frame rate is slightly off when you start playing it seems to get MUCH better as you play for longer. The entire armada of vehicles are perfect. Every structure, person and weapon is perfectly detailed for the psp. They even decided to add the minigun which helps out a lot. There are only a few downsides This game is probably the best psp game that will come out for the psp. Although the frame rate is slightly off when you start playing it seems to get MUCH better as you play for longer. The entire armada of vehicles are perfect. Every structure, person and weapon is perfectly detailed for the psp. They even decided to add the minigun which helps out a lot. There are only a few downsides to this game, the main being the targeting system which prefers civilians over armed assasins which are shooting at you, the second being the level difficulty; the levels are extremely difficult at the beginning and its hard to get by even with cheats. These are only minor problems when you have an entire city in your pocket; three full islands packed with detail and adventure await you at any time you please. This game rocks and exceded all of my prior expectations, especially with the edition of custom tracks, whcih add a new dimension to the gameplay. Just to clear up a few issues and summarize, frame rate=very good for this game, and finally battery power=perfect. Although people like to say that their battery power runs out too quickly they are partially retarted. Battery power with a backlick runs at about 2.5-3 hours. How many times do you play for over that without stopping? Sheesh. Well, its a great game and if you have the cash and you can find a place that will sell it to you if you are under 17(Which is bullshit and can be blamed for all bad sales), then do yourself a favor and take this one home. Expand
  61. FredH.
    Nov 11, 2005
    Hey Fred this is a good game and I am 35 and regarding your comments my PSP currently has GTA in it as well as some hardcore porn vids two albums and a handful of pictures containing nude women on it, its people like you who haven
  62. Copycat
    Nov 11, 2005
    GTA: Liberty City Stories is the first game in the series to hit the PSP, and you can bet it won't be the last. Given the dismal crop of PSP titles currently available, an original PSP-only GTA game couldn't have arrived at a better time. And the good news is, Liberty City Stories is a real Grand Theft Auto game, through and through. Whether you love the GTA series or despite GTA: Liberty City Stories is the first game in the series to hit the PSP, and you can bet it won't be the last. Given the dismal crop of PSP titles currently available, an original PSP-only GTA game couldn't have arrived at a better time. And the good news is, Liberty City Stories is a real Grand Theft Auto game, through and through. Whether you love the GTA series or despite it, the fact is that Liberty City Stories is on the same quality level as its bigger brothers on the PS2, Xbox, and PC. You'll be surprised by how few compromises Rockstar made in order to bring the world of Grand Theft Auto to the PSP. Expand
  63. Adultgamer
    Nov 11, 2005
    this game is great fun and being at the ripe old age of 45 its great to see. games like this just go to show you that there is a market for adult gamers. the controls for this game are perfect and the graphics are spot on overall a fantastic game and dont let any fuddy duddy tell you that your to old for games..
  64. Fred
    Nov 9, 2005
    "Older gamers have usually shunned them [Ed: Again, how do you figure?]" It's a fact. Market research has shown most older games prefer spending their freetime outside the home doing things other than playing video games, while kids bring their gameboys to school or wherever they are forced to go. this is why sony had to sweeten the deal with media functions And This is why"Older gamers have usually shunned them [Ed: Again, how do you figure?]" It's a fact. Market research has shown most older games prefer spending their freetime outside the home doing things other than playing video games, while kids bring their gameboys to school or wherever they are forced to go. this is why sony had to sweeten the deal with media functions And This is why Nintendo has had so much success with games like pokemon. Which brings me back to my first point: this game is not appropriate for a handheld system. It's akin to putting adult content on the Disney channel. Expand
  65. Wisdom
    Nov 9, 2005
    An excelent game, driving any vehical is just a treat and the size of the game is amazing. regarding battery life i use the standard battery you get with the PSP and i get excatly 3 hours 37 mins out of it, maybe im one of the lucky few who get a good charge out of my battery. the whole idea of a hand held system is thats its ment for more of a pick up and play not your marathon gameingAn excelent game, driving any vehical is just a treat and the size of the game is amazing. regarding battery life i use the standard battery you get with the PSP and i get excatly 3 hours 37 mins out of it, maybe im one of the lucky few who get a good charge out of my battery. the whole idea of a hand held system is thats its ment for more of a pick up and play not your marathon gameing session like you used to have on your ps2. Expand
  66. FredT.
    Nov 9, 2005
    Lot's of hours of gameplay and challenging game. The graphics and sound are excellent for a handheld game. The city is pretty big and it all fits in the palm of my hand. This is a great time killer when im at work and it is slow or on the bus waiting in traffic. Only downside I can think of is that it sucks the power right out of the battery.
  67. Strated
    Nov 7, 2005
    I bought this game for the online stuff, but am disappointed. rockstar doesn;t even seem to care that their servers suck.
  68. BobX.
    Nov 7, 2005
    The game is allright but the controlls are so HORRIBLE that I want to just shoot myself in the head. Also, the psp doesnt lend itself well ot games that require a bit of time to play as the battery tends to crap out quickly and with little warning. if you get grand theft you bettter stay close to a power source at all times. Three times nowI've had it quit on me mid mission. Still it The game is allright but the controlls are so HORRIBLE that I want to just shoot myself in the head. Also, the psp doesnt lend itself well ot games that require a bit of time to play as the battery tends to crap out quickly and with little warning. if you get grand theft you bettter stay close to a power source at all times. Three times nowI've had it quit on me mid mission. Still it is by far the best psp game. Expand
  69. Maxpower
    Nov 7, 2005
    The controls are OK, The camera drops the score since its a bit awkward at times but mostly fine. The gaphics and sound are clear and smooth. Go now to EB to try and buy a modern classic.
  70. DonNoddy
    Nov 7, 2005
    The first game for adult gamers on the move. Who on earth wants to rub and talk to their game machine in public, and forever be branded a Fag. GTALCS is more than a game but a status symbol with excellent control and great graphics. Put aside your your blind faith in an archaic gameboything and be Somebody.
  71. GeoffM.
    Nov 7, 2005
    Look slackers just go away, how can you give this brilliantly crafted game a 3 or less, you must be jealous as hell. This is the fastest loading GTA yet, has all the bells and whistles of its big brother but its all in my pocket. The Holy Grail of portable entertainment is here.
  72. Yarnbgarn
    Nov 7, 2005
    Besides a few minor quibbles, this is the best portable game since Tetris rocked my world all those years ago.
  73. DSrulesG.
    Nov 7, 2005
    How can you drive a car with a touchsceen, thats right you cant you need an analogue controller. How can a cartridge hold 3 cities and over 60 songs and hours of speech, thats right it cant. Look boys and girls the PSP and GTA is a match made in Heaven. Im currently 15 hours in and keep finding new stuff like people doing funny stuff, finding new jumps i could go on and on, but i want to How can you drive a car with a touchsceen, thats right you cant you need an analogue controller. How can a cartridge hold 3 cities and over 60 songs and hours of speech, thats right it cant. Look boys and girls the PSP and GTA is a match made in Heaven. Im currently 15 hours in and keep finding new stuff like people doing funny stuff, finding new jumps i could go on and on, but i want to get back to LCS Expand
  74. StevenS.
    Nov 7, 2005
    Perfect game. The only game you will ever need. Hours and Hours of Fantastic Gameplay
  75. MikeDoors
    Nov 7, 2005
    This portable GTA is the first time i have played a GTA game, because up to now i have only played nintendo products. But im getting sick of innovation being a dicky touchscreen which doesnt work and a microphone which wont recognise simple speech that i have already inputted. Now that i have grown up, GTA and my new PSP is the way of the future. Great control, almost perfect camera and This portable GTA is the first time i have played a GTA game, because up to now i have only played nintendo products. But im getting sick of innovation being a dicky touchscreen which doesnt work and a microphone which wont recognise simple speech that i have already inputted. Now that i have grown up, GTA and my new PSP is the way of the future. Great control, almost perfect camera and great detailed graphics which covers 3 cities. Buy it Live it Expand
  76. Me
    Nov 7, 2005
    when a new games machine is launched you always get that one game that makes you think " I didnt know this machine was capable of making such technically impressive games" and the good thing about this game is that is has oodles of gameplay in it.
  77. Katjya
    Nov 7, 2005
    Proves once and for all that any version of a 3D Grand Theft Auto will get high score no matter how flawed.. I find it hard to believe that none of the problems have been fixed from previous games : ( They should have made a new, smaller city and focused on mayhem, not story and made the characters control better. This is just a rehash to make money and I'm ashamed to have bought it.
  78. Revu
    Nov 7, 2005
    After reading all the mag reviews i have to say that they cover most points and that there review scores are spot on, intresting that all the nintendo reviewers give this game anything below a 3 and the people who have actually played the game have given it 8 and above.
  79. Follower
    Nov 7, 2005
    great game nothing wrong with the controls and nothing wrong with the game. picked up my copy on Nov 4 and been playing it non stop.
  80. JohnB.
    Nov 7, 2005
    This game is huge. well just as big as the original version. i was exspecting some of it to be watered down to cope with the amout of information, but NO this game has the same amount of traffic and people in it. and a plus is that it actually has a better redraw distance than the original GTAIII had.
  81. PeterT.
    Nov 7, 2005
    You would have to be a complete DS owner not to have this game on your PSP. love the graphics and it just goes to show you how powerful the PSP is.
  82. Brian
    Nov 7, 2005
    Fantastic game and worth every penny. great playability great music and great graphics. I see there have been plenty of posts from our nintendo friends, i wonder why they are posting negative reviews for a game they cant play i wonder if its because they dont like the idea of sony making the handheld market popular like they did with the console market.
  83. PSPHater
    Nov 7, 2005
    One of the bst games you can get on your PSP. and a quick note to a previous post( how would a nintendo touch twig improve this game DUH!!.)
  84. DSHater
    Nov 7, 2005
    Great game with no slow down what so ever, good controls and plenty of playability. I get just over 4 and half hours gameplay out of my PSP before the battery goes flat.
  85. LexNEX
    Nov 7, 2005
    Reading the reviews from the websites is like stepping into the twilight zone. They complain about controls that piss them off, lame story, lame missions and yet, they still get a high score. Why? Because it's on the PSP? Well, if that's a good excuse for a game being bad, then I don't want to be playing portable games anymore. Did they rate it high because of the graphics? Reading the reviews from the websites is like stepping into the twilight zone. They complain about controls that piss them off, lame story, lame missions and yet, they still get a high score. Why? Because it's on the PSP? Well, if that's a good excuse for a game being bad, then I don't want to be playing portable games anymore. Did they rate it high because of the graphics? Perhaps, but it does get overloaded at times. If Metacritic posted their reviews based on the wording of these reviews and not scores, it would be in the 6 range, where it belongs. They didn't take the time to make sure the game plays right on the PSP. What a waste, this could have been great. Expand
  86. Yana
    Nov 7, 2005
    the thing that continues to make me mad about the gta series is the targeting. they manage to mess it up with every game. This game is awesome as long as you don't get out of your car, because the driving is awesome.
  87. Danza
    Nov 6, 2005
    Seven 10's in a row? Looks like someone is having fun with the vote button...Come on, this game isnt all that. Wait til you play Final Fantasy VII for the PSP, that will be a great game.
  88. FredD.
    Nov 6, 2005
    Since an editor found the need to insert comment into my READER review, I think I should explain more clearly. I do think that handhelds are marketed to a younger group than console. Older gamers have usually shunned them, and that's why Sony tried to woo them with media features. Still, the average PSP owner is younger than a PS2 owner, and that's why I think this game isSince an editor found the need to insert comment into my READER review, I think I should explain more clearly. I do think that handhelds are marketed to a younger group than console. Older gamers have usually shunned them, and that's why Sony tried to woo them with media features. Still, the average PSP owner is younger than a PS2 owner, and that's why I think this game is innapropriate. I dread to think how many underage kids are getting ahold of this game. And if the PSP owner is also a PS2 owner, why would he or she need this game? It's a new story, but it's the same city. And you do most of the same things. Expand
  89. Bloom
    Nov 6, 2005
    Let's be honest here. THis isn't the same as the other GTA games. Nearly everything is scaled back. Once the awe of playing this game on the PSP wears away, you're left with a game that is seriously lacking in a lot of categories. Gameplay, for example. I thought the controls when you are driving were fine, but shooting and walking around is pathetic. And the person who Let's be honest here. THis isn't the same as the other GTA games. Nearly everything is scaled back. Once the awe of playing this game on the PSP wears away, you're left with a game that is seriously lacking in a lot of categories. Gameplay, for example. I thought the controls when you are driving were fine, but shooting and walking around is pathetic. And the person who made the save points should be banished from making games ever again. I don't want to leave my PSP on all night just to keep my position. Expand
  90. Madmouse
    Nov 6, 2005
    Kudos for trying. they fit the whole city in the little psp. too bad it wasnt up to the task. framerates drop and the camera blows. and the little nub isnt good for driving.
  91. nintendofan
    Nov 6, 2005
    Nintendogs is one of the best games to to found on the DS and the graphics are amazing so life like and how the cute little puppys walk up to the screen. its so cute. but then again i would prefere to be playing GTA picking up hookers killing cops and doing the normal hit and run thing.
  92. General
    Nov 6, 2005
    Great Game you would be a fool not to add it to your collection. WANTED: disillusioned Nintendo owners to write reviews for the PSP. Must be able to score rival handheld games with unrealistic low scores.
  93. Simple
    Nov 6, 2005
    Everything i wanted it to be. if this isnt your type of game then maybe your better off getting a Nintendo.
  94. TheTruth
    Nov 6, 2005
    I was a little concerned after reading some of the poor reviews in here but after picking it up anyway and having all my doubts dissapear all i can say is that some people are complete idiots and i wish they would write review for there Nintendos and stop dissing a game they will never own. oh hang on they do have GTA on the Nintendo, maybe they are jelous that theres is a top down I was a little concerned after reading some of the poor reviews in here but after picking it up anyway and having all my doubts dissapear all i can say is that some people are complete idiots and i wish they would write review for there Nintendos and stop dissing a game they will never own. oh hang on they do have GTA on the Nintendo, maybe they are jelous that theres is a top down version. I laugh at their misguided purchaces. Expand
  95. Hope
    Nov 6, 2005
    Fantastic ive only 2 other games Ridge Racer and everybodys golf, and this game just make my collection all that much better. not dissapointed at all.
  96. Bill10
    Nov 6, 2005
    If your a gamer and you like the GTA series so far then i bet your gonna like this .forget the issues with the controls because they simply dont exist. the people who complain about the controls must have boxing gloves for hands.
  97. Max
    Nov 6, 2005
    Controls / 8/10 Graphics / 10/10 Sound / 10/10 Playability / 10/10 the missions are no diffrent from the original GTA III, just that there are a diffrent story,
  98. Grounder
    Nov 6, 2005
    Game like this just go to show you just how powerful the PSP is. the game hasnt been out of my PSP since i got it.
  99. Martine
    Nov 6, 2005
    Cant see any real diffrence between this and the original version except its more playable.
  100. Bob
    Nov 6, 2005
    Great game and its good to see it on the PSP. ive found no issues with the controls and the graphics are better than the original PS2 version. i like the minimal story means i dont get in the way of the main reason to play GTA and thats to just cause carnage.
  101. Dec 29, 2012

#1 Most Discussed PSP Game of 2005
#1 Most Shared PSP Game of 2005

1. As a value proposition, there's nothing on PSP that comes close. It's a gigantic game; the core gameplay will probably take you 40 or 50 hours to get through, and it has 33 additional "games" that have the potential to occupy you another five or even 10 hours, if you really want to push it.
  2. Although flawed, Liberty City Stories is a remarkable achievement; it shames the efforts that many other developers have put into their PSP games.
    While rough around the edges, Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories offers a deep, console-like GTA experience. There's so much to see and do that finishing the main story portion leaves around 60% of the game to experience.