Guilty Gear Judgment PSP

6.6

1. CoffinSandman
    Oct 17, 2007
    OK, I'm a raving Guilty Gear fan, but I just didn't think this was very good. Compared to the fighting game, the controls in adventure mode are boring and sometimes frustrating. The action is also repetative and the enemies are all cloned. While the story is passable, it isn't much to look at. I REALLY with they had stuck with the series' main storyline. However, this OK, I'm a raving Guilty Gear fan, but I just didn't think this was very good. Compared to the fighting game, the controls in adventure mode are boring and sometimes frustrating. The action is also repetative and the enemies are all cloned. While the story is passable, it isn't much to look at. I REALLY with they had stuck with the series' main storyline. However, this review is only for Judgement. GGX2 Reload, which is also included on the disc is the best 2-D fighter I've played and my personnal favorite. If you don't have the original Japanese PSP version, I strongly recommend that you buy this. ( I ended up returning Judgement since I already have it.) Otherwise I would recommend passing this up. Expand
  2. KevinC.
    Sep 19, 2006
    This is meant for the kids who wish for the arcade days. Or if you couldn't go to one then your local liqour store. This game is amazing. Feeling the gap of Gardian heroes and Street Alpha seriously. The combos in Guilty Gear Judgement would make Viewtiful Joe Blush. To all of you who think that paying 40 bucks for a arcade beatem up is just plain sick and twisted. Go to bed and This is meant for the kids who wish for the arcade days. Or if you couldn't go to one then your local liqour store. This game is amazing. Feeling the gap of Gardian heroes and Street Alpha seriously. The combos in Guilty Gear Judgement would make Viewtiful Joe Blush. To all of you who think that paying 40 bucks for a arcade beatem up is just plain sick and twisted. Go to bed and dream of your Halo 3 and get on your knees and pray for its official release date. The japanese version has Guilty Gear Slash. (The updated version of XX reloaded.) This includes Order Sol (A nice quite version of Sol Badguy.) And ABBA ( One sick version of Jimini Crickets Sidekick.) If you don't want to Import there is the US version with the much appreciated Guilty Gear Reloaded. The Graphics are beatiful, Using the power of the Atomiswave Arcade board. This leaves you with the feeling of particapating in your favorite anime. The Sound is Classic. A nice mixture of the Castlevania and Heavy Metal Sound. Controls are almost perfection you can pull of specials with ease. Replay Value, if you are guy who only plays as the main characters of the story then you will get 4 hours out of this game. 2 hours to beat Reloaded or slash and two to beat the 20 areas of Judgement. But if you want to master everyone and use them in the King of beat em ups then you can expect 15 to 20 hour of game play. This is 4 hours of the fighting and 16 hours of the brawling. You won't be to survive in judgement without knowing a thing or two about your characters combos and specials. (punching and jump kicking won't cut it.) Collapse

#86 Most Discussed PSP Game of 2006

If you have another buddy who is a BEU fan and would be willing to grab the game in order to share the experience, then by all means enjoy this good PSP romp. Otherwise, it's hard for me to recommend this.
  2. Play Magazine
    The combination of fighting game accoutrements such as combos, psych bursts, and overdrive attacks coupled with traditional arcade action gameplay is surpisingly appealing on a portable system. [Sept 2006, p.64]
  3. The over-the-top anime stylings of the Guilty Gear series deliver a one-two punch in this package containing both a beat-'em-up and a fighting game.