8.3

1. Ryan
    Jan 31, 2010
    I'd heard a lot about this game a few months ago, and I decided to pick it up while I was in my local Gamestop. There isn't a cent of that thirty dollars (odd coincidence, right?) that I regret spending on Half-Minute Hero. When I bought it, I knew I was either going to love it or hate it. Luckily, it was the former. The art style of the game emulates a classic Super Nintendo I'd heard a lot about this game a few months ago, and I decided to pick it up while I was in my local Gamestop. There isn't a cent of that thirty dollars (odd coincidence, right?) that I regret spending on Half-Minute Hero. When I bought it, I knew I was either going to love it or hate it. Luckily, it was the former. The art style of the game emulates a classic Super Nintendo RPG, and the drawn art that's thrown in is extremely nice. Hero 30 is a pretty decent RPG without the face-paced thinking that goes into each and every level; trying to think of some way to cut down on just a little more time. EvilLord 30 and Princess 30 are humorous takes on RTS (albeit, simple RTS) and Shoot 'um Up genre respectively. Each story has its own plot with serious elements to it, but none of them ever get too serious. This game is running on a ridiculous concept and it knows it. The characters and their dialogue (specifically the Time Goddess) have such odd personalities for the roles they play. Each level has a decent level of ability to replay, either to get a better score or to collect something that was missed the first time through. The music is catchy, and as you rarely hear over thirty seconds of any track, they tend not to get old. This game is a must-have for anyone with a PSP. Expand
  2. Apr 4, 2012
    Fun concept which works well, but just isn't very fun to play for a long time. The graphics are nostalgic and look sharp, the music is great and the game really urges you to clear quests as quickly as possible.

It gets repetitive fast, especially since there are no temporary upgrades, but you should check it out.
  3. jamie
    Jan 21, 2010
    An awful game/. God knows who they paid or how much to hype it. The basic idea sounds interesting - the actual gameplay is terrible and gets worse the longer you play. On some of the maps, 30 seconds isn't enough to do everything you need to do to finish. The solution ... give you more time? Oh no, give a point you must run to every time to extend another 30 seconds ... time after An awful game/. God knows who they paid or how much to hype it. The basic idea sounds interesting - the actual gameplay is terrible and gets worse the longer you play. On some of the maps, 30 seconds isn't enough to do everything you need to do to finish. The solution ... give you more time? Oh no, give a point you must run to every time to extend another 30 seconds ... time after time, as many times as you need, before you run back the other way to try to do something else.. I think if you're under 12, or on a sugar rush, or suffering from a mild intellectual disorder that damages your attention span, you *might* like this game. Might. For anyone else, it's boring, repetitive, and shallow. How on earth it got such a high rating amazes me. I think something is rotten in Denmark .... perhaps the gaming indsutry is finally old enough to be like the fashion industry, so bored and jaded that anything new - no matter how silly or impractical - is seized on desperately because it's "fresh" ? In summary, WAY over rated, crappy game. rent it - I doubt if you'd ever then buy it. Expand
  4. deepakk
    Oct 15, 2009
    If you like to try something new,half minute hero is the best choice. It is very well made and the concept is fresh and the gameplay is varied and there is tons of hours of fun to be had. THE BEST THIS SEASON.
  5. VictorC
    Oct 14, 2009
    Game is brilliant! Hard to say if it's a bunch of really deep mini-games, or light versions of the genres they represent. If you've played RPG's before, you'll find this game makes fun of all the tropes, and even pokes fun at itself a little bit. Anybody who considers themself an rpg fan needs to pick this up.
  6. Dec 20, 2014
    Half-Minute Hero is a fun little Vita title that condenses the traditional RPG into short levels in which the player has just 30 seconds to prevent an evil lord from destroying the world (There are other game modes but these only really offer short term distractions). Poking gentle fun at the genre it has a good sense of humour to match the enjoyably fast paced, and surprisingly involved,Half-Minute Hero is a fun little Vita title that condenses the traditional RPG into short levels in which the player has just 30 seconds to prevent an evil lord from destroying the world (There are other game modes but these only really offer short term distractions). Poking gentle fun at the genre it has a good sense of humour to match the enjoyably fast paced, and surprisingly involved, gameplay

Truth be told it does become a little repetitive towards the end but, with its short levels, it made for a perfect game to play whilst travelling or on holiday.
  7. Dec 9, 2012
    This game somehow crammed so much awesome into 30-seconds. Play it casually as an adventure game or as an item/episode-hunting lunatic on the warpath, it won't matter. Half-Minute Hero is a very good drug.

If you like RPGs, Half-Minute Hero is a refreshing take that mixes in all the quirks the genre is known for, and if you've never been into RPGs, it's light enough for any noob to get behind and enjoy; plus, there are a bunch of other gameplay types to get behind the controls of.
    Half-Minute Hero is an absolute blast, and a decidedly original (and hilarious) take on the fantasy RPG genre.
  3. Though many of Half-Minute Hero's whopping 120-plus quests fly by in the blink of an eye, you'll get a ton of mileage and many hours of enjoyment out of this gem. [Dec 2009, p.84]