Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee PSP

• Release Date: May 3, 2005
8.7

1. mobius
    Oct 10, 2005
    A fun game that rewards long term play. its designed to be a game that is very easy to pick up and play. loading times are almost non existent and did i this is fun fun fun. if you are are big golf fan then go and play tiger woods but if u want a fun golf game then get this. you wont be dissapointed.
  2. Andy
    May 10, 2005
    Really enjoying this - its great fun and kept me very entertained on long plane trips.
  3. RobertA.
    May 16, 2005
    Fun portable golf goodness, easy to play, fun to master. :) it's great!!
  4. Greg
    May 19, 2005
    Great gameplay and replay value. Graphics are very nice. You will not be disappointed.
  5. AndrewS.
    Sep 7, 2005
    Fun game that doesn't get boring.
  6. MikeG.
    Jul 29, 2006
    extremely high replay value, is truely a classic, patiently waiting for a sequal with different course styles. reminds me of mario golf for the nes with better grapics. only complaint is that you don't know the wind speed per hole til after tee off.
  7. Hype
    Feb 14, 2005
    It´s very funny. Not like mario and his kiddy games.
  8. Daz
    Aug 11, 2005
    I'm not much of a golf fan but this looked good so i thought i'd take a risk and try it. Well it's very good! The graphics are excellent, the gameplay is spot on. You can see the course from just about any angle when you're trying to line up a shot. The ball flight is realistic and (unlike tiger woods) it's doesn't make hard shots easy with 'luck'. I'm not much of a golf fan but this looked good so i thought i'd take a risk and try it. Well it's very good! The graphics are excellent, the gameplay is spot on. You can see the course from just about any angle when you're trying to line up a shot. The ball flight is realistic and (unlike tiger woods) it's doesn't make hard shots easy with 'luck'. The only problem i could see with this game is that initially you only get 1 course and using the challenge mode you can unlock the other five. BUT this isn't quick !! And if you're like me it could take you a good few days to do it. (i only play for 10-20 mins a day . I estimate it took about 3 to 4 hours of play to unlock the second course. However if you can put up with this negative i recommend this game. It's knocked wipeout out of my PSP and that's no small achievement!! Expand
  9. JamesF.
    Sep 3, 2005
    I love it! I unlocked every character in less than a month....it's all good.
  10. 1mmora1Wombat
    Jan 15, 2006
    superb game only let down by not including a multipayer mode that lets you play using only 1 psp. PS2 version had you passing the control pad between players. either way, so much fun, and so addictive.
  11. NickS.
    Jan 19, 2006
    The game has excellent graphics and is addictive at first. However I would question the replay value. Once I have uncovered all the golf courses, I am finding it very hard to find a good reason to complete the game entirely just to pick clothes and accessory items. Tiger Woods career seems more plausible.
  12. JamesH.
    Apr 28, 2006
    Fun golf game, funny but the repetive voice overs are annoying.
  13. CamS.
    Jul 16, 2006
    Best PSP game available!
  14. snIPez
    Oct 25, 2005
    This owns you... go steal a copy naw mean?
  15. Jean-MichelD.
    May 18, 2005
    My favorite PSP game so far, even before Lumines and Ridge Racer. It makes international flights enjoyable, I can attest to that. You will not regret that purchase.
  16. IainM.
    May 29, 2005
    I don't know why, this game is just addictive.
  17. JamesC.
    Jul 21, 2005
    Very addicting.... Don't have to be a golfer to like this game.
  18. RohanS.
    Feb 14, 2006
    This game is awsome. Its so addicting. I would reccomend this game for everyone. Once you start palying u never want to put it down. try it yourself.
    Dec 31, 2007
    This is a great game! Fun and challenging at the same time. Graphics are good & game play is very good.

#14 Most Discussed PSP Game of 2005

1. Weekly Famitsu
    8 / 9 / 8 / 8 - 33 gold [Dec 2004]
  2. Proves that comic book golf games can provide lighthearted simulation without sacrificing any vital gameplay technicalities. The PSP has teed off in style with this one. [JPN Import]
  3. games(TM)
    It demands skill without being overly realistic and is challenging without being overly frustrating – an ideal combination that forms the backbone of an incredibly enjoyable game. [JPN Import; Feb 2005, p.116]