7.9

1. Jan 19, 2017
    If you're one of those people, who played "Harvest Moon" on the SNES, you might not like the fact that the main character is a robot, which isn't too obvious, but it might destroy the charm of the (human) boy, who tries to maintain a farm and is all about nature. Beside the MC being a robot, there are many high-tech farm tools, hence "A Futuristic Harvest Moon". If you can accept this kindIf you're one of those people, who played "Harvest Moon" on the SNES, you might not like the fact that the main character is a robot, which isn't too obvious, but it might destroy the charm of the (human) boy, who tries to maintain a farm and is all about nature. Beside the MC being a robot, there are many high-tech farm tools, hence "A Futuristic Harvest Moon". If you can accept this kind of Harvest Moon, the game itself will be pretty much like Harvest Moon. But if you want something closer to the SNES, but with more options, check out "Harvest Moon Hero of Leaf Valley". Despite the storms that pop up in "Innocent Life" quite often and destroy a lot, it wasn't difficult to make a fortune within the first 2 seasons and having a decent stock of seeds and tools. Some things managed theirself and some tasks become easier or manage itself at a certain time as well. On the one hand that's less annoying work or less challenge. But if you use the whole farm for vegetables and flowers, you can't complain about not enough work. In case you got some time, you can even explore the island and collect much food in the wild. But most areas must be unlocked first. Interaction with the locals can be pretty much dull, because they often say the same thing and don't expect different music for each season. There is one main theme for your farm, for the town and about 2-3 for the different caves + songs for special events. Your main theme has a sorta melancholic touch to it, so that tune might become annyoing over the time. This simulation has many stats, including your own stats (personality and skills) that can be leveled up, which reminds me of an RPG. Expand
  2. Jul 21, 2015
    Innocent Life is, in my opinion, one of the greatest Harvest Moon games. The game begins on a futuristic island and you are a new-born robot, created to revive the harvest of the "natural crops" while you learn what is to be a human.
    The beginning of the game can be a little boring to most of people, but you have to remember you are a robot, so you can sleep a whole day if you want.
    So,
    So, the time will pass and every week you got to harvest more and more. On every week, specially Sunday, new events will pop up and add new contents to the game (hello "Final Z Rangers"!).
    But the most beautiful thing in this game is the poetic atmosphere. The town is full of gorgeous trees, buildings and really smooth graphics.
    "Yeah, but any Harvest Moon game have all above, right?", right. Innocent Life presents all that's good on any Harvest Moon game and add something that I didn't saw in any of the others: A meaning.
    You're in a land after a war for good fields, from the Heartflame Island townsfolk and the East people. During the war, the harvest spirits have sealed the fields, and the East people has run away. And now, the volcano of the island is about to erupt. Restoring the fields and to be a human is the point of the game.
    But be careful. The game is a masterpiece to me, but I thought it was a fiasco when I was younger. It may appear to be a little empty through the time if you want more socializing events. But if you keep in mind you are a robot to save the Heartflame Island, the game reaches it's point: To be a poetic masterpiece of Harvest Moon.
  3. Mar 15, 2015
    I originally had this game for PSP and after my UMD slot 'broke', I downloaded it for an emulator. This game is peaceful and BEAUTIFUL - but I found myself pissed off at how long it took me to harvest crops, and how much the game seemed to 'drag.' It definitely took out the idea that you could marry and form relationships with other people - so it meant that I almost never went to theI originally had this game for PSP and after my UMD slot 'broke', I downloaded it for an emulator. This game is peaceful and BEAUTIFUL - but I found myself pissed off at how long it took me to harvest crops, and how much the game seemed to 'drag.' It definitely took out the idea that you could marry and form relationships with other people - so it meant that I almost never went to the in-game town because even though it looked pretty, there was no point spending your time talking to people. The storyline ONLY progresses every Sunday, and without needing to talk to anyone to spend that time, I kept pressing the fast forward button so i'd spend less time harvesting stuff. This game is really special to me though. I've been trying to play it on and off for years, and when my UMD broke - this is the game I wanted to play. I finally finished it yesterday, but it's a really beautiful game. Expand
  4. ERB
    Aug 1, 2013
    A peaceful game with a good story.I played this because I read the word "harvest moon" so I downloaded It and I think It is a good game.And I also think that it is one of the best harvest moon game ever.And why is it so underrated and why Does it have a mixed score from the critics?Trust me download this game and play It.It is worth playing It.
  5. Jan 20, 2012
    In playing the game. You can now tend cows, sheeps and chicken. You can also ride a car. But you cannot marry and have a child. Boohoo!!!

I love the games graphics compared to the previous ones.
  6. AnonymousMC
    Sep 21, 2009
    Wow...
    I liked the ps1 Harvest Moon and loved the GBA remake of it. I played this one for about an hour and a half and then just gave up completely. Looks like it had some good ideas...but it just sucked. The beginning tutorial-type thing was just downright annoying, and whoever came up with that idea should be shot. I'll probably never play it again.
  7. JoeB.
    Jan 3, 2008
    I love the game and I tend to look at the "professional" opinion of the UK magazines and laugh. It never fails for them to shoot down a good game yes all games have their tweaks but that's why we love them, but it still doesn't hold a candle to the SNES version.
  8. LouiseL.
    Jul 31, 2007
    May be a bit repetitive, but adventure mode is really fun and original.
  9. ToryW.
    Jun 5, 2007
    Great game, wish there was more of harvest moon rather than saving the island. I wanted to be able to do thinsgs more as interact with animals more but other than that it was good. Great graphics and sound
  10. MartinH.
    May 18, 2007
    Innocent life is a huge departure from other members of the Harvest Moon series- you still have a farm on the edge of town, you still deliver produce to the local markets, you still fish and mine to make extra money- essentially most of the elements of the game are still somewhat intact. The focus now however is not on creating a successful farm (at least to the same extent as the Innocent life is a huge departure from other members of the Harvest Moon series- you still have a farm on the edge of town, you still deliver produce to the local markets, you still fish and mine to make extra money- essentially most of the elements of the game are still somewhat intact. The focus now however is not on creating a successful farm (at least to the same extent as the original games) but in discovering the secrets of the island. The presentation of the game is one of isolation and melancholy, reflected both in the scenery and emotive music, and gameplay is slow and linear. Fans of A Wonderful Life and Friends of Mineral Town will spit on this title for its huge differences, but those that can appreciate its almost meditative beauty will find it extremely rewarding. Expand
  11. AyanamiN.
    Apr 11, 2007
    Waking up in a world that is in the not so distant future, an island that is on the brink in cause of hunger, your the islands last hope. As a young robot boy, it's your duty to build and manage a farm. Close to the titled game; Harvest Moon. It may not have all the features that it's predecessor may have, such as, getting married, or having children, the game is a near clone of Waking up in a world that is in the not so distant future, an island that is on the brink in cause of hunger, your the islands last hope. As a young robot boy, it's your duty to build and manage a farm. Close to the titled game; Harvest Moon. It may not have all the features that it's predecessor may have, such as, getting married, or having children, the game is a near clone of Harvest moon. There are a few new features that are a big plus, such as an innovative leveling system; as you work, and leasure, you gain experiance points. These points are allocated to such skills as, getting better with useing a garden hoe, or even becomeing more human. The equip menu is something that Nasume (the company that brought us Harvest Moon) could learn from. The simple grafics and mundaine gameing style will only catch the eyes and attentions of a few gamers. This basic, yet addictive farming sim is a truely enchanting addition to some gamers collection. Expand

#16 Most Discussed PSP Game of 2007
#5 Most Shared PSP Game of 2007

1. Despite its flaws, Innocent Life is an interesting and fun take on a familiar game. With a few tweaks to the pacing and goal structure, ArtePiazza could have made a strong entry into this strange farming sim.
    While it was nice to see some new things for the Harvest Moon series, Innocent Life just didn't give me the thrill I was hoping for. There were some good ideas, but they were poorly executed.
  3. Pure Magazine UK
    A seriously cut down version of the title that has managed to take all the fun out of the game. [Mar 2007, p.76]