Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier PSP

6.6

1. FraserW
    Nov 27, 2009
    Jak fans like myself will find this a disappointment. The camera is poor, flying is too repetitive, story is not exciting nor the characters, graphics are average. There are some good platforming aspects and some cool eco powers. But really, it's just not good enough.
  2. Nov 1, 2011
    Decent game from Naughty Dog. I expected much more however. The story is okay, wish it was better and I do wish it actually pertained to the real series more. Wish there was elements of romance in there. I sensed none whatsoever. Can't complain because it did get me addicted for quite a while and the boss levels were quite intriguing. Nonetheless, get this game used, not worth full price. A 7/10
  3. Sep 3, 2016
    Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier is a platform game developed by High Impact Games published by Sony Computer Entertainment.

+ Plataforming Fun
    - Dark Daxter Levels
    - Bad Camera
    - Empty Environments

#18 Most Discussed PSP Game of 2009
#28 Most Shared PSP Game of 2009

Despite the moments that Lost Frontier falters, most of the game is a solid sequel that lives up to the Jak legacy. The platforming is a nice homage to the existing Jak games, and the flight combat builds a new element that feels both refreshing and familiar.
  2. Despite its few issues, The Lost Frontier is yet another gratifying Jak and Daxter game that feels right at home on the PSP. While we could have done without the Dark Daxter moments in the game, flying the unfriendly skies and exploring the impressive Lost Frontier is more than enough reason to pick this one up right away.
  3. As you might expect from a new developer’s take on a series with such history, The Lost Frontier doesn’t feel essential. If you miss this game, you’re not going to be missing any major plot movements or character development in the Jak universe (and don’t even get me started on the snoozer of a bad guy). But if you’ve been jonesing for the gameplay that made you fall in love with the series in the first place, The Lost Frontier more or less delivers.