LocoRoco PSP

8.7

1. May 11, 2015
  2. Mar 25, 2014
    Locoroco is a great game. It is not the best known title in the world but it should be. Locoroco has you playing as a locoroco, a yellow (you can change colour later on in the game) ball that rolls across the landscape left and right by pressing L & R respectively and you press L & R at the same time to jump. The graphics are very good and the story is lighthearted and simple. LocorocoLocoroco is a great game. It is not the best known title in the world but it should be. Locoroco has you playing as a locoroco, a yellow (you can change colour later on in the game) ball that rolls across the landscape left and right by pressing L & R respectively and you press L & R at the same time to jump. The graphics are very good and the story is lighthearted and simple. Locoroco should be in anybody's top 10 games on the psp if not their favourite game on the system. All this plus the amazing music make this the best game on the psp. Expand
  3. BrianCessar
    Feb 22, 2009
    Awesome! I love this game, but would not quite give it a 10, more of a 9.7 due to the fact of repetitiveness. OTher tahn that this game has wonderful value. The mini games are cool, the Loco Editor is a very good addition and the music is very good also. However, one might find more fun in LocoRoco 2. I know I did.
  4. BogdanS
    Oct 29, 2008
    Best. Game. Ever. Not only for the PSP, best game on any console. The fact that i, as a hard-core gamer that enjoys Halo, RPG's and Action games can enjoy this title as much as my 3 year old son says it all. If it was the only title available for the PSP it would still warrant a buy of the system. It's that good. Get the demos out there on the net and try it out for yourself.
  5. XiaoyanL.
    Jun 6, 2008
    the only reason i'm giving this a six is because the gameplay is not as easy as others may lead you to believe. it was already difficult to get a perfect score on the first level alone. and it's all uphill from there. and when you're already all stressed out from the hard levels, the last thing you want to see is the over-eager smiling loco roco. but in terms of the only reason i'm giving this a six is because the gameplay is not as easy as others may lead you to believe. it was already difficult to get a perfect score on the first level alone. and it's all uphill from there. and when you're already all stressed out from the hard levels, the last thing you want to see is the over-eager smiling loco roco. but in terms of originality, music, character design, and world visuals, i have nothing bad to say about this game. Expand
  6. TomD.
    Apr 19, 2007
    Finally a PSP game that seems like it was made for a portable system (load time, simplicity, and addictiveness). The DS knows the formula of portable games and this is the only PSP game out there that is any good. The music is the best ever since FFIII.
  7. IsaacS.
    Jan 21, 2007
    What a fantastic game! Simple and addictive, not to mention adorable. Not only one of the best games ever, this is actually one of the best *things* ever.
  8. BeavA.
    Jan 9, 2007
    A bit too easy but the cutest game I've ever played and one of the best!
  9. SainterD.
    Jan 2, 2007
    I think this game is so hilarious and fun at da same time, it is kinda boring after a few hours but still when you do enjoy it its an excellent game.
  10. YannisF.
    Dec 20, 2006
    Easily the next Super Mario Bros on the PSP.
  11. BeanH.
    Dec 2, 2006
    This game is cute, enjoyable, addictive, and a fresh change to the very repetative game genras out there.
  12. DavidS.
    Nov 18, 2006
    Fun, happy, and super fun. Worth buying a PSP just to play. The tilt the world with the L/R buttons is an amazing interface. The gameplay is fluid and beautiful and you'll play levels over and over again because it's so addictive.
  13. TC
    Oct 12, 2006
    Fun, simple and yet still so, so fun. Everything about this game makes me smile. No stress, very simple, incredibly fun.
  14. MichaelL.
    Sep 23, 2006
    One of the best games I've played this year. A delight to play.
  15. FuzzyD.
    Sep 20, 2006
    Exceptionally fun & addictive. Smart of Sony to let the demo out so we could get hooked and clamor for more when it was released. Wish the language selection would be saved after the first time you choose it, but it's a small annoyance in an otherwise awesome title.
  16. CodyR
    Sep 11, 2006
    Just what the PSP needed. In a line up that was making me questions my PSP purchase this game alone has made me happy to own one. A beautifully animated game that is addicting and fun. Perfect for on the go game and the replay value is some of the best. A must for any PSP users that are into puzzle games or just quirky Japanese games in general.
  17. Ethan
    Aug 31, 2006
    I loved the demo (even though I'm probably not going to get this game) and I think the concept of it is very entertaining. The music is alittle odd, (and my mom gets pissed off) but it's a good game.
  18. efebuluc
    Aug 28, 2006
    This is fresh. The screenshots don't do it any justice what so ever because the beauty is in the mechanics and physics. I have been playing this a lot now and it does eventually get repetitive but then again most games do. Even if you can beat a level easily, the reward is that you can re-play that level so you can unlock all the neat little things in it and perfect it, that is not This is fresh. The screenshots don't do it any justice what so ever because the beauty is in the mechanics and physics. I have been playing this a lot now and it does eventually get repetitive but then again most games do. Even if you can beat a level easily, the reward is that you can re-play that level so you can unlock all the neat little things in it and perfect it, that is not so easy. The colors and animations and songs have a hypnotic effect and maybe, just maybe...hazardous to your health. Expand
  19. TrentK.
    Aug 8, 2006
    Innovative, charming, addictive, and most importantly - fun. This is the perfect title for the PSP and on-the-go gaming in general. jV: An "A" score would equal a Metascore of 100 while an "F" would garner a score of 0. A "C" is average, so it would be worth 50. This isn't like an essay grade. [Ed: Hey, some clear thinking!]
  20. Alvaro
    Aug 4, 2006
    Best game ever, it is original and fun I was expecting a puzzle or somethin like that but I found a great game just like when I knew Mario Bros this is going to be a classic it simply one of the best 2d platforms game.
  21. jV
    Jul 27, 2006
    Excellent. Original. Charming. Etc. Etc. But what is wrong with Metacritic? The 67 score from Gaming Age above brings it's Metascore down considerably. Didn't they read his review? Mike Palmero of Gaming Age scored it a "B-" Since when does a B- translate into a 67?
  22. LesR.
    Jul 25, 2006
    Fantastic. I couldn't put the damn thing down all holiday! The most original game i've played for a long time. I don't understand why it got such low reviews by the press? Its a classic.
  23. NickS.
    Jul 25, 2006
    I think the public has been slightly too generous with their voting. I don't want to take anything away fromt he game but a 9 or 10 rating seems a bit over the top. Loco Roco is a game the PSP desperately needed. Developers are finally taking a leaf from Nintendo's book: i.e addictive gameplay does not require amazing 3- D graphics. Loco Roco is pure genius, very cleverly I think the public has been slightly too generous with their voting. I don't want to take anything away fromt he game but a 9 or 10 rating seems a bit over the top. Loco Roco is a game the PSP desperately needed. Developers are finally taking a leaf from Nintendo's book: i.e addictive gameplay does not require amazing 3- D graphics. Loco Roco is pure genius, very cleverly thought out and the music is out of this world. Although the game has relay value, I disagree that it is a captivating game. Once you've taken on the first few maps, you will find it slightly repetitive and you ask yourself is that it? Its a beautifully executed game, original, unique, simple yet effective, the graphics are clear cute and colourful and like I said the music and sounds are just mesmerising. But after a few hours of gameplay, you realise the game does not have as much substance to get you really into it. The Mini games and wireless options are really for kids, nevertheless the main game is both for adults and kids. Recommend, but maybe not at full retail price. Expand
  24. SarcasticB.
    Jul 13, 2006
    Great pick-up-and-play game that's not so easy to put down again. I love the cutesy little singin' blobs, though they drive my wife nuts! A nice change from the "usual" games.
  25. JackalJ.
    Jul 11, 2006
    Sweet physics, great gameplay. Cute characters. Excellent music. Perfect game.
  26. BrettT.
    Jul 10, 2006
    Loving it. Clocked up about 30 hours so far. I'm holding back from proceeding towards the end by just trying to find all those damn flower fruit to finish all the levels on 20. Lots of replayability for those who want to go for perfect! The parts you find throughout the levels for use in the sandbox/watertrough mode, Loco House makes a welcome distraction from being taunted by secret Loving it. Clocked up about 30 hours so far. I'm holding back from proceeding towards the end by just trying to find all those damn flower fruit to finish all the levels on 20. Lots of replayability for those who want to go for perfect! The parts you find throughout the levels for use in the sandbox/watertrough mode, Loco House makes a welcome distraction from being taunted by secret areas you can't find. I've found the mini games really neat, and unlocking a rare piece you haven't seen before is always rewarding, especially if it's a neat piece. Stick at it though, once you unlock the Loco Editor, the editor-only pieces are by far the most fun. The music is great -- each species of Loco Roco has it's own song and style, and they all sing the same menu song in their own way too! Expand
  27. FuZZyDan
    Jul 6, 2006
    Its an amazing breath of Freshness, to play this. For those longing for something a bit differnt than yet another burnouty / Fifasoccery / Prince of Tomb raidery / classic collectionery (you get my drift) usuall remakes and tired old worn out themes that we have all played over and over again (Unless you have only just be born) get it, beat up your neighbour for it (not really, just knick Its an amazing breath of Freshness, to play this. For those longing for something a bit differnt than yet another burnouty / Fifasoccery / Prince of Tomb raidery / classic collectionery (you get my drift) usuall remakes and tired old worn out themes that we have all played over and over again (Unless you have only just be born) get it, beat up your neighbour for it (not really, just knick it when hes out) it is quality on a stick. I love it, i've played lots of games in the past (maybe to many) but this is really the most orginall games thats acctually good thats come out (well my way anway) for ages. Your kid will love it, your nan will love it and best of all you will love it. The only thing is it's not the longest of games in the world but hey who gives a saussage. its great.. Trust... Expand
  28. RodG.
    Jul 4, 2006
    Simply the most sublimely wonderful handheld game I have ever played. Buy it. Find happiness.
  29. MatthewT.
    Jun 26, 2006
    Such a great game....shows that gameplay is still king...
  30. Freeza
    Apr 26, 2006
    Damn addicting!

#6 Most Discussed PSP Game of 2006
#28 Most Shared PSP Game of 2006

1. PSM2 Magazine UK
    The happiest game on PSP will cheer you up to no end. It's simple to pick up and play and equally hard to put down. This is the strongest handheld title we've played, well, ever. [July 2006, p.100]
  2. Aside from experimental unlocks and silly novelties, the LocoRoco experience is one of undiluted fun. If the tilting, blob moving puzzle-platforming doesn't warm your heart, then the catalogue of alarmingly addictive psychotic J-Pop tunes will have you dancing around the living room.
  3. One aspect of the game which is a bit disappointing is that it is a little easy to complete. We managed to get through the game fairly quickly, but it does increase in difficulty as you complete levels...A crazy game that really shows when a developer sits down and comes up with an original idea, it can be fantastic.