5.2

1. Oct 4, 2011
    Did I enjoy my adventures in Horodyn?
    Not really. I did at first; the tutorial was nice, the boss battle was alright and it had some variety.
    The actual game, starting with a level one character turned me off.
    Some people might consider it fun to grind. And grind. And grind. And grind and grind and grind til they finally do a nice amount of damage, get some options and encounter more types
    of enemies,
    but I surely do not.

Grinding is a good part of RPGs, but in Lord of Arcana, it just doesn't pay off to spend hours and hours into playing something you aren't supposed to play alone.

The multiplayer might be a hell lot of fun, but due to 'bringing gamers together in real life'-reasons by Square Enix, you won't be able to play with your friends using W-LAN.
    All you can do is sit together and play via AdHoc or connect your PSPs to a PS3 to simulate AdHoc.
    While playing together irl is fun, it is seldom possible, especially in world unified by the internet.

First Publishers cut Split Screen from their games, and now they want Portable users to get together.
    I sure wouldn't get any of my friends to spend money on such an unpolished game, that's for sure.

Full Review: http://darkchaplain-anotherstory.blogspot.com/2011/02/lord-of-arcana-review.html

1. Sep 5, 2011
    If you have friends who love the role-playing/action sub-genre and have already played through the other games of this type, give this one a try, as there is some genuine fun to be had. If you're a solo player who's just looking for a few creatures to slash, feel free to skip this one.
  2. Apr 27, 2011
    Clearly, the guys at Access Games understand that games in the Monster Hunter vein are supposed to be punishingly difficult. What they didn't get was that the soul-crushing challenge should come from the gameplay and not poor design decisions. Throwing down your PSP in anger because a boss has outsmarted you is acceptable. Tossing it aside because a fight revolves more around beating the bad game design than the actual enemy is not.
  3. Apr 6, 2011
    Lord of Arcana tries to follow in the footsteps of Monster Hunter, but without success. The plot, which revolves around a magical stone and the "chosen one" who must retrieve it, fails to deliver, while the controls make cumbersome and uninspiring both the exploration and the combat.