Me & My Katamari PSP

• Release Date: Mar 21, 2006
8.7

1. BlancoA.
    Mar 21, 2006
    A pretty darned good conversion of the console game. The controls take a while to get used to, but it's a really fun game.
  2. BrianT.
    Mar 27, 2006
    Great game, one of my favorite PSP games. I'm a huge fan of the series. However, the game has several annoying slowdowns and is not always responsive to the controls during these slowdowns. Still, incredibly fun to play.
  3. KevinS.
    Apr 15, 2006
    Totally addicting...unique control scheme.
    Nov 24, 2006
    One of my favorite PSP games. Like the first, many people will be bored by the lack of level varity, but upon a good search of each level, it is clear they are very unique (the small level in particular).
  5. LamLe
    Jul 8, 2008
    This is my first exposure to Katamari after hearing about it so much. I love it!!! It is so original and whimsical, and fun!!! When people throw around the criticism that it is repetitive, they are themselves reacting in a repetitive and conventional fashion. It's a game, not life (which can be multifaceted) All games happen to be repetitive in some way or another. If it happensThis is my first exposure to Katamari after hearing about it so much. I love it!!! It is so original and whimsical, and fun!!! When people throw around the criticism that it is repetitive, they are themselves reacting in a repetitive and conventional fashion. It's a game, not life (which can be multifaceted) All games happen to be repetitive in some way or another. If it happens to be a repetition one likes then more often than not, the reviewer doesn't mention the crirticism of repetition. The review can only be as competent as the human being doing the reviewing. They can't all be Da Vincis and Einsteins!!! Trust me. Read my 2008 review of Speed Racer, the movie. Expand

#49 Most Discussed PSP Game of 2006
#71 Most Shared PSP Game of 2006

While it may be the most lackluster chapter to date, it's still pretty entertaining -- but only in small doses. Just be aware that the price is too high and the replayability is too low.
  2. Though a few technical concessions have been made to fit the game onto a PSP, the charm of the series still shines brightly.
    While the controls aren't as counterintuitive as many have claimed them to be, the game has minor draw distance problems when you're Katamari gets too big and there're too many big objects on screen. You'll find that the game doesn't load the smaller items and you're Katamari will pick up objects that aren't even represented onscreen.