• Publisher: Capcom
  • Release Date: Jan 31, 2006
8.2

1. Mar 23, 2015
    Its about as good as the title makes sense. Its not quite as good as others in the series. It suffers from enemies that take too many hits. The stages aren't very long. The bosses are too hard. You can latch onto walls to make the platforming a little easier. This doesn't make the gameplay good. I think its mostly the level design and enemies that need some balance. It just feels emptyIts about as good as the title makes sense. Its not quite as good as others in the series. It suffers from enemies that take too many hits. The stages aren't very long. The bosses are too hard. You can latch onto walls to make the platforming a little easier. This doesn't make the gameplay good. I think its mostly the level design and enemies that need some balance. It just feels empty playing this type of game. Expand
  2. Jan 23, 2014
    Maverick hunter X is a remake of the timeless super nintendo masterpiece mega man X.. Mega maverick hunter X is just like Mega man x except in some small changes that i wont spoil ill talk about the obvious ones SPOILER ALERT after u complete the game u can play with Vile which is amazing and makes beating this game with X a manditory goal. it made everything good with mega man x and madeMaverick hunter X is a remake of the timeless super nintendo masterpiece mega man X.. Mega maverick hunter X is just like Mega man x except in some small changes that i wont spoil ill talk about the obvious ones SPOILER ALERT after u complete the game u can play with Vile which is amazing and makes beating this game with X a manditory goal. it made everything good with mega man x and made it in HD but also made a seperate movie telling a more well developed and thought through story. the only thing that hurt this game is making it portable and hand held. if it sold better and better yet on a home colsole they would have redone x2-x6 which is sad it didn't sell through because i wanted them to fix that mess of a game x6 and see how great they remade the masterpiece mega man x4. bad voice acting and all. WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOOOOOOR Expand
  3. Apr 28, 2013
    It's very nice to see this updated version of the SNES's Mega Man X. The graphical touches are nice, and everything runs smoothly but the best part is that some of the hidden items have had their locations switched up so veteran players will have some fresh secrets to discover. This is simple, fun, retro goodness and is a must play for any fans of the Mega Man franchise.
  4. Feb 18, 2013
    A really incredible 2.5D remake of the classic Mega Man X, this reboot not only includes a full transitioned port of the original, but also includes anime style cutscenes, a full 30 minute movie on the backstory of the marverick war, and how everything started, and the ability to play through the game as vile as well. This is an incredible port, great graphics, beautiful and amazing music,A really incredible 2.5D remake of the classic Mega Man X, this reboot not only includes a full transitioned port of the original, but also includes anime style cutscenes, a full 30 minute movie on the backstory of the marverick war, and how everything started, and the ability to play through the game as vile as well. This is an incredible port, great graphics, beautiful and amazing music, great level design and gameplay, and is one of my favorite psp games of all time. Highly reccomended to action platforming fans, who are looking for a game with great graphics, incredible, mind blowing music, and fun, exciting gameplay. did i say the music kicks ass? and the game for that matter? Expand
  5. Oct 4, 2012
    Very fun game, challenging and frustrating, but worth it once you collect the parts and whomp on the bad guys. I had fun with this and would certainly recommend it to mega man fans.
  6. Jul 25, 2011
    Remaking games is limited this days , and Mega Man X MH is worth checking out. For starters and Mega Man X veterans this needs to be in your list now that the PSP doesn't have to many games.
  7. ZiftK.
    Sep 29, 2007
    Very. very fun game. Although frustrating at times, this is not only a great mega man game, it's a great game period. Fun at home, and on the go.
  8. MorganG.
    Sep 16, 2007
    This game is brilliant in every way. It's by far the best game on PSP, and it is for the PSP what New Super Mario Bros. is for the DS, if not better.
  9. JinF.
    Feb 6, 2006
    One of my best games from childhood gets one of the best remakes i've seen in a long time... waht can i say except, Thanks CAPCOM.
  10. AndyHarvey
    Jan 4, 2006
    suhweet! Here I was reminising about the good old days, and thinking about that Mega Man: Powered Up game that they're doing for the PSP. I said, yeah Rockman was good, but Megaman X is better. They ought to make a PSP game from the Mega Man X series. So what did they do? They made a Mega Man X PSP game based on the first one in the series That's What!!! But's it's notsuhweet! Here I was reminising about the good old days, and thinking about that Mega Man: Powered Up game that they're doing for the PSP. I said, yeah Rockman was good, but Megaman X is better. They ought to make a PSP game from the Mega Man X series. So what did they do? They made a Mega Man X PSP game based on the first one in the series That's What!!! But's it's not just that oh no. They also add in new boss intros and dialouge, a playable Vile campaign, and a 24 minute backstory movie! Fanboys will rejoice, critics will jabber, and wallets will empty. I don't know if it's telepathy or what, but I am a happy happy boy, Heck I was afraid to go to bed, fearing that I would wake up and discover it all to be a dream. But's it's not, and in less that a month, I'll be able to play the game that introduced me gaming on the PSP. A8 year old's dream, 10 years in the making Expand
  11. Oct 4, 2012

1. A pretty picture to look at and a port of an excellent Super Nintendo action title. On the other hand increased slowdown and its short length will restrict Irregular Hunter X strictly to Mega Man maniacs. [JPN Import]
  2. This is where the PSP begins to run away from the DS. Yeah, I said it. [Feb 2006, p.60]
  3. Irregular Hunter X will satisfy your need for some side-scrolling shooting. The game is exactly the same as the original although with a few changes to keep things fresh. [JPN Import]