8.0

1. JacobP.
    Nov 8, 2007
    Beautifully done tactics game. It doesn't need a job system like FFT; the gameplay is that fun, deep and good. The graphics are beautiful and the idea to go with a comic book style was brilliant. Also, it's ideal for portable gaming, as it's a turn based affair, and it's packed with content, including cinematics from Snake Eater as well as a 'quick-play' Beautifully done tactics game. It doesn't need a job system like FFT; the gameplay is that fun, deep and good. The graphics are beautiful and the idea to go with a comic book style was brilliant. Also, it's ideal for portable gaming, as it's a turn based affair, and it's packed with content, including cinematics from Snake Eater as well as a 'quick-play' duel, where you can take on enimies from past iterations if you only have a few minutes and you don't want to start a new mission. Plus, there're multiple difficulty settings; the game is very replayable. On a side note, after Old Snake dies in MGS4, there's no reason why David Hayter can't live on as Snake in the side-story Acid series. I loved Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops, but I'm all for Metal Gear Acid 3. Expand
  2. DionS.
    Dec 20, 2006
    Wow is the word for it, I liked the first one, but I love the second one. There is much more life in it, the story is better and there are more options then ever. Already played it over 100 hours now, And I stil play it, course it's a lot of fun, and the grafic is strange, but makes the game look beautiful, easier, better and well made. Almost 3 times better then the first MGA game.
  3. ReviewerR.
    Mar 28, 2006
    The game looks great, I've beaten the first one and it took a long time to get used to it, but Acid2 has easier controls and better options, I would recomend it.

1. It’s more the subtle touches that make the game what it is, a combination of something just that little bit different and a typical Kojima game. [June 2006, p.126]
  2. Predictably high production values, but those enticed by previous Snake adventures will find a hollow, confusing game. [June 2006, p.82]
    Gorgeous throughout and with the inevitably high Kojima production values, Ac!d 2 is a more rounded and competent technical package than the first game, with a brand new story, but which otherwise plays near identically.