Metal Slug XX PSP

6.1

1. Sep 15, 2010
    If you are a fan of the Metal Slug series then you will have already bought this game by now, for everyone else, I would recommend it if:
    1. You like shmups (bullet hell, run and gun)
    2. You like action games It is probably the most accessible of the Metal Slug games due to the Combat School which allows you to learn the patterns of the bosses quite well in particular (note they are not
    1. You like shmups (bullet hell, run and gun)
    2. You like action games
    It is probably the most accessible of the Metal Slug games due to the Combat School which allows you to learn the patterns of the bosses quite well in particular (note they are not called bosses, but "Base Assault" if you are looking for them in the menu)

I gave it a 7 as at retail £20 could be too high, though I looked online and got it for less than £12 which represents great value for money.
  2. Oct 20, 2013
    Metal Slug XX is a decent game, the gameplay is the same as The Metal Slug Anthology. The graphics are a little improved. The game feels too easy and its also to short. Their are 6 playable characters and 7 playable missions, but the design of the levels feels like they rushed them and in return they made an okay game, it could've been much better.
  3. May 2, 2016
    I can't believe this is rated so low. This is an excellent PSP game and an Excellent Metal Slug game. Thank you Atlus you never disappoint me.

This game my not have any of the modifiers made popular in metal slug 2 and X but it has a few throwbacks to older games and a lot of characters, better level designs, better missions in combat school, better difficulty balancing and overall it's just a better game than it's Metal Slug 7 for DS counterpart. It does feel like it is missing something however, which makes it feel a bit standard for a metal slug game, but i still consider it above average. Even the 99 cents DLC character didn't get under my skin, i was happy to throw more money at this game because Atlus did an excellent job handling it and i hope they are involved with more metal slug titles in the future.

If you haven't played 7 or played 7 and were disappointed with how much of a steaming pile of **** it was, you'll like this. Honestly one of the best games i have played on PSP to date.

Also small shout out for not having painful loadtimes despite not utilizing data install, nice job there.
  4. Jul 9, 2016
    A solid entry into the series. The levels are very well designed, while they require some memorisation, they still leave enough room for some improvisation. Besides the standard arcade mode. The game also offers the combat school mode. Combat School consists of a set of challenges a player may undertake to improve his skills at the game and while doing so earn some rewards and unlockables.

#21 Most Discussed PSP Game of 2010
#24 Most Shared PSP Game of 2010

1. As elaborated as it can be, Metal Slug XX hardly stands out from the previous episodes of the saga, because of the lack of this sense of madness that made us ride some cyber-mammoths once.
  2. Exactly the same we've been playing for the last fourteen years. The Metal Slug series really need some innovation as soon as possible.
  3. If you're a Metal Slug fan/PSP owner who hasn't had a way to play this entry in the series before, XX is worth checking out. It's a tough recommendation for everyone else.