MLB PSP

• Release Date: Apr 12, 2005
7.9

1. Elvite
    Apr 16, 2005
    This game has totally exceeded my expectations for what a handheld baseball game would be like. While it could have done a much better job with presentation and additional game modes, the core gameplay is solid. Kudos to the commentating team in MLB. It is far better than MVP's. The color commentator in MVP was so annoying and repetitive that I had to turn off the commentator audio This game has totally exceeded my expectations for what a handheld baseball game would be like. While it could have done a much better job with presentation and additional game modes, the core gameplay is solid. Kudos to the commentating team in MLB. It is far better than MVP's. The color commentator in MVP was so annoying and repetitive that I had to turn off the commentator audio just to be able to enjoy the game. MLB, on the other hand, is very enjoyable to listen to and definitely makes you feel like you're playing a real Major League game. Expand
  2. AlexB.
    May 11, 2005
    Very well done game. Great graphics and smooth animation. controls are awkward at first but quickly become second nature. This game sets the bar for all baseball games to come on the psp.
  3. JesseH.
    Oct 9, 2005
    This game is awesome!
  4. Vic
    Apr 14, 2005
    I truly enjoy the sport of baseball and the nuances of the game in it's many different forms.This game gives such a grand experience with great flow graphics and feel as well as an incredible realism and playability. Of all the baseball games i have played this would rate near the top. It may not look as flashy as the Xbox versions of baseball but for the console it was built to be I truly enjoy the sport of baseball and the nuances of the game in it's many different forms.This game gives such a grand experience with great flow graphics and feel as well as an incredible realism and playability. Of all the baseball games i have played this would rate near the top. It may not look as flashy as the Xbox versions of baseball but for the console it was built to be used on all i have to say is thank you for the wonderful entertainment and well done. Keep up the good work! Expand
    Apr 14, 2005
    This is a very solid baseball game. Good gameplay and graphics. The one thing that I am disapointed with is it's lack of game modes. No homerun derby, practice mode, or mini games. It's just season or Exhibition. Good to see the Roster is up to date and that there is an online gaming mode (infrastructure and ad-hoc). Solid.
  6. GamerTag:BsFan247
    Apr 15, 2005
    I cant see it getting much better than this on a hand held.
  7. KeithB.
    May 1, 2005
    Playing against the computer works great, but weak AD HOC and infrastruture mode are horrific and slow. Not even worth owning if these modes remain weak! If I hear MVP AD HOC mode works fine making the switch for sure.
  8. DaltonS.
    May 21, 2005
    This game is awsome playing Against the computer and it's really relastic graphics == Awesome.
  9. Kipp
    May 30, 2005
    Great game, I couldn't decide between this and MVP. I am very glad I bought this game, I can't put it down. I have not played online at all so I can't comment on that. The graphics are great as well as the actual game play. It does have some bugs here and there, but they are more funny than bothersome. I highly recommend this game.
  10. MartynH
    Sep 3, 2005
    I've had my PSP for a few months now, Tiger Woods, Lumines and Wipeout have come and gone but I'm still playing MLB. This from a South African who knows as much about baseball as Americans know about cricket! The graphics are good, commentry never gets too repetitive and the load times are never too long, but the game just has that one vital ingredient that so many PSP games are I've had my PSP for a few months now, Tiger Woods, Lumines and Wipeout have come and gone but I'm still playing MLB. This from a South African who knows as much about baseball as Americans know about cricket! The graphics are good, commentry never gets too repetitive and the load times are never too long, but the game just has that one vital ingredient that so many PSP games are missing, it's fun!!! Collapse
  11. MarkoD.
    Sep 6, 2005
    Great graphics with decent commentary. The detail on ballparks and players is perfect for this great handheld game.
  12. BobbyJ
    Sep 12, 2006
    I think this is a great game with amazing graphics and I give it a ten.
  13. KyleS.
    Jun 19, 2005
    Good game lacks franchise mode good gameplay.

#25 Most Discussed PSP Game of 2005

1. The PSP game mostly has the same great gameplay, gorgeous graphics, and sublime commentary the PS2 iteration has.
    Does good by its PS2 brother, and that's exactly what we were looking for after being so knocked out by the comeback of the PS2 edition. It's a fast, exciting and great-looking game of baseball.
  3. Plays great and the graphics do look amazing on the small PSP screen. The fact that it also has some nice features as well as online play saves this game big time.