NBA PSP

• Release Date: Mar 16, 2005
6.9

1. ChadworthK.
    Apr 5, 2005
    The lack of a franchise mode (multiple seasons) and inability to change the quarter length under season mode was disappointing. But I like the new shooting style, although it did take some time to get used to. However, like a lot of basketball games, the blocked shots are much to frequent and unrealistic. It is an overall good game, but I'm expecting EA to come out with a better The lack of a franchise mode (multiple seasons) and inability to change the quarter length under season mode was disappointing. But I like the new shooting style, although it did take some time to get used to. However, like a lot of basketball games, the blocked shots are much to frequent and unrealistic. It is an overall good game, but I'm expecting EA to come out with a better basketball game than 989's. Expand
  2. Jay
    Apr 18, 2005
    Just rent this game. once you get somewhat good you will win every game by 20-40 points. it seems like they just slapped this game together so it would be ready in time for PSP release. it has one song which gets ANNOYING! they need to add more dificulty levels. this game was fun for the first week or so.

#50 Most Discussed PSP Game of 2005
#41 Most Shared PSP Game of 2005

This isn't a game that's going to make you want to abandon your big-screen basketball games by any means, but it can be enough to temporarily satisfy a serious basketball jones.
    And say what you might about "some games require you to learn complicated button schemes," the basic moves always require basic controls, and something as basic as shooting should be treated the same way.
  3. I am blown away by the quality of NBA. It's not perfect, and I think going forward, there needs to be some tightening of the computer AI. But other than that and the freaky free-throwing, this is one impressive handheld Basketball game.