Need for Speed: Shift PSP

6.5

1. lolZ0RZ
    Jan 8, 2010
    After I read about what it was supposed to be, I was pissing my pants to get it at the store. When I opened it, it looked pretty good. When I got to the racing, I was kind of bored. The interpretation of "drift" is hardly real, but it fells real-ish. To straighten out your car, all you have to do is tap whichever direction you need to countersteer in, and BOOM!, your going in a straight After I read about what it was supposed to be, I was pissing my pants to get it at the store. When I opened it, it looked pretty good. When I got to the racing, I was kind of bored. The interpretation of "drift" is hardly real, but it fells real-ish. To straighten out your car, all you have to do is tap whichever direction you need to countersteer in, and BOOM!, your going in a straight line. You can't spin out, which really deters from the realism. But since it's not by Slightly Mad and by BriteLight, I guess I can't really expect them to be all the same. Most of the cars have dissapeared, too. All the tracks are just streets with barriers, the damage only happens when you slam into something, and when you do the modeling kind of sucks.Its for the PSP though so what can you really expect. Perfect for an arcade racer, but if you want a real sim, go for Gran Turismo (NO DAMAGE THOUGH:(!!!!!) Expand
  2. Oct 29, 2013
    Cool fast-paced game, this PSP game is actually cool (don't let the negative ratings fool you, this game is actually cool as hell.).

Need for Speed: Shift is a great game where you can have fun for a few minutes if you're waiting for something or if you just want to sit back, relax and play Need for Speed: Shift.

#14 Most Discussed PSP Game of 2009
#20 Most Shared PSP Game of 2009

It also runs really well, which is always a plus. However, the bottlenecked career mode is way too restrictive, and since you can't really control what cars you earn, it just feels like you're going through the paces after a short while.
  2. The problem is that Bright Light has not succeeded to surprise us just like the "big version" of Need for Speed has, and Shift for PSP is an arcade game, enjoyable during some time, but not special at all.
  3. If it's fast-paced racing you crave, and you don't care about adjusting every nut and bolt on your car, then Shift is an excellent game that exceeds expectations in all areas.