• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Mar 7, 2006
7.7

1. Feb 27, 2012
    Not a game for me at all. I really liked the initial idea and the over-the-top approach, but the game itself is very old fashioned, like it came straight from early 90s arcade - tough, unforgiving, simplistic. The graphics are nice, but can become choppy if too much happens on screen. Sounds are forgettable (apart from the police boss - nice voice acting there), missions are very similar to each other (pursuit on road, pursuit on boat, pursuit on chopper etc.) and totally unrealistic driving mechanics along with strange shooting makes me feel I was playing an on-rails game. Much more of a Spy Hunter than Grand Theft Auto. For folks looking for some challenge and for arcade fans only. Expand

Some of the features, like jumping from a car to defeat an enemy, swapping cars mid race and combining a variety of vehicles into one game are really good ideas, but the slowdown, poor handling of some cars and repetitive banter really frustrate.
  2. Even by the high standards already set, Pursuit Force is an astonishing title... The best PSP title yet.
  3. It's hard not to like Pursuit Force. Even when you've started the Don the Run mission for the twentieth time you'll still be enjoying it. We fully expect an even better sequel next year. [PSM2]