7.8

1. KelL.
    Sep 30, 2008
    This game is a perfect blend of RPG and Bejeweled! Using a bejeweled format, that's customizable, you fight creatures following to complete a story quest. You play as one of several characters and modify your character to compete against the creatures. The game is very addictive and can be played as time allows. The game was a sleeper due to poorly written reviews, but Xbox put it on This game is a perfect blend of RPG and Bejeweled! Using a bejeweled format, that's customizable, you fight creatures following to complete a story quest. You play as one of several characters and modify your character to compete against the creatures. The game is very addictive and can be played as time allows. The game was a sleeper due to poorly written reviews, but Xbox put it on Xbox live and it did well and was expanded. Collapse
  2. JDS.
    Mar 11, 2008
    Too bad that a couple of ridiculous ratings by two people who just don't get it bring down the overall score of this game. not everything has to be a target that you can shoot at to be fun! All has been said about this game by the reviewers and the other folks who bought the game. Do yourself a favor and trust the majority here and get this game. I can't stop playing it!
  3. James
    Aug 30, 2007
    Puzzle Quest is so addicting... the good kind! I've playthrough this entire game and I'm starting another character today, it's too fun.
  4. JimS.
    Jun 1, 2007
    Take a simple puzzle game perhaps best suited to a novelty online flash implementation and combine it with the sort of RPG that would have looked unambitious and dull on a SNES. As you might expect, you end up with limited gameplay that quickly becomes tedious - the cringeworthy nature of the plot sequences with their fantasy writing by numbers dialogue is arguably the most entertaining Take a simple puzzle game perhaps best suited to a novelty online flash implementation and combine it with the sort of RPG that would have looked unambitious and dull on a SNES. As you might expect, you end up with limited gameplay that quickly becomes tedious - the cringeworthy nature of the plot sequences with their fantasy writing by numbers dialogue is arguably the most entertaining thing in the game. Fun for about half an hour, but if this game was free online it wouldn't even make my favourites list. Expand
  5. FojakV.
    May 30, 2007
    Great addition to the PSP bad library, good game idea blending puzzle plus RPG customization. One of the gratest games of 2007 for both DS and PSP (better and bigger graphics). Addictive as Tetris, and other type of games. Dont´s hesitate to buy it, great decision. The story is SIMPLE and only a way to move through the game to obtain experience and gain terrain and power.
  6. GavinG.
    Apr 26, 2007
    This started out fun, but be warned - I found that it soon gets VERY tiresome. I totally agree with the Official UK Playstation Magazine's summary above (but obviously rate it even lower). Progression and levelling up was a chore. Winning the matches against the CPU opponents (the main part of the game) I found difficult, annoying and in the end boring. This game is definitely one to This started out fun, but be warned - I found that it soon gets VERY tiresome. I totally agree with the Official UK Playstation Magazine's summary above (but obviously rate it even lower). Progression and levelling up was a chore. Winning the matches against the CPU opponents (the main part of the game) I found difficult, annoying and in the end boring. This game is definitely one to rent before (not) buying wherever possible. Expand
  7. AllistairP.
    Apr 15, 2007
    This game is insanely addictive in it's simplicity and flawless design. Puzzle games always have the addictive factor but after a while you ask "What's the point?" and while you won't find Allah with Puzzle Quest you will find yourself saying "To level up, to learn a new spell, to get money to buy better armor". Ingenious and fun! I'd love to see a sequel with a Diablo This game is insanely addictive in it's simplicity and flawless design. Puzzle games always have the addictive factor but after a while you ask "What's the point?" and while you won't find Allah with Puzzle Quest you will find yourself saying "To level up, to learn a new spell, to get money to buy better armor". Ingenious and fun! I'd love to see a sequel with a Diablo sorta co-op multiplayer where you and your party of friends online can take on separate enemies in a more scoped-out dungeon environment. Sounds bizarre but you know it'd be rad. Expand
  8. JayK.
    Apr 12, 2007
    Amazing. Take the an excellent puzzle game design (far better than Bejewelled), and add deep strategy, the addictiveness of skill enhancement, the depth and story of an RPG, and throw in a bunch of fun bits. I got sick of Bejewelled because of the randomness and lack of strategy; this a totally different, and totally better (though if you like Bejewelled, you'll love this). Buy it!
  9. WhiteL.
    Apr 11, 2007
    What a delightful waste of time. I find myself walking around my house walking in to walls playing this little gem. I'm hooked. RPG nerds and Puzzle nerds UNITE!!! One Word: BOOM!
  10. AustinT.
    Mar 25, 2007
    like puzzles, turnbased rpgs, or stratagey games? if yes, do you own a ds or psp? if yes, then you'll like this game. a fresh take on puzzle games, well worth it. dont belive me, play the demo for the pc, i can tell that you have a pc.
  11. BruceS.
    Mar 24, 2007
    They pulled off a great game using a blend of RPG & Puzzle. You're not just doing a puzzle, you're causing direct damage & gathering Manna to cast spells. Hmmm, do I cast that fireball spell or gather more manna. Lot's of choices to be made. The whole is greater than the sum of it's parts! The puzzles are also used to capture, lay siege, forge magical items, learn They pulled off a great game using a blend of RPG & Puzzle. You're not just doing a puzzle, you're causing direct damage & gathering Manna to cast spells. Hmmm, do I cast that fireball spell or gather more manna. Lot's of choices to be made. The whole is greater than the sum of it's parts! The puzzles are also used to capture, lay siege, forge magical items, learn spells from captives and more. Great game! My one negative is that the words on the screen are microscopic. Expand

1. It's gently hypnotic stuff, but fight a dozen super-intelligent skeletons and you'll soon be yearning for the simple pleasures of "Lumines." [Mar 2007, p.111]
  2. The parts may seem commonplace, but Puzzle Quest's blend of RPG and puzzle-game convention makes for something refreshingly unique and dangerously addictive.
  3. The PSP version loads a bit more slowly but looks better, and the DS version features lightning-fast loads but tosses in slightly sluggish, clunky touch-controls.