• Publisher: Konami
  • Release Date: Sep 12, 2006
8.1

1. Aug 8, 2011
    Very fast-paced, very stylish, and with a ton of 'leet' content and delightfully overpowered weapons. It can get repetitive, but I've played it on and off for 5 playthroughs (omg!) and it's still fun to find new ultra-rare loot and test it out on hordes of enemies.

Besides, the art style and the music is pretty awesome.
  2. Jun 27, 2013
    This is not nearly as bad as some reviews indicate. It's a large improvement over the first one in every possible way, and although it doesn't offer a good story, it does deliver a lot of creative loot that's genuinely fun to use, and a lot of action. The art direction is above average, and the game is made to be played more than once, as it unlocks new content. I got this for $7, and I'm glad I didn't miss the chance to enjoy this game. Expand

1. It’s another short game in a terrible series that should have been axed at the first try but for some reason it’s back and will be terrorizing the USA later this year. My advice is to look the other way and never touch Rengoku 2 the Stairway to Hell. [JPN Import]
  2. The whole game seems like an exercise in monotony; a battle-tech demo with refreshing character design. [Sept 2006, p.62]
  3. Each stage is still full of repetitious androids to fight, and you still fight in nearly identical rooms and hallways. [Oct 2006, p.84]