Rock Band Unplugged PSP

8.6

1. Jan 30, 2015
    Best button mashing game on psp for sure. Button layout is just the best, otherwise like on Guitar hero on xbox. Song list is great, there are blink 182, Franz Ferdinand, System of a down, which are my favorites. Recommend it.
  2. Mar 25, 2013
    I got this game 3 1/2 years ago, and I still play this game today. I expected it to be bad because it's a branch-off and there's no instruments. I was so surprised and relieved to see that this game could and should be in the PSP hall of fame. It has the same personality and charm as the console versions. My hats off to EA for making a franchise add-on that doesn't suck.
  3. Sep 12, 2012
    A fair well made game if you expect a full " Rock Band " experience . For PSP users suffering for not having to many things in the device , RB does a little to entertain and be good time killer .
  4. Apr 21, 2012
    "Rock Band Unplugged" is a gift for every rock music fan who has a PSP. It has magnificent soundtrack with many songs of different genres (from classic rock and pop to grunge and metal) and years (from old classics to modern rock of 2000s). Gameplay is funny, but a bit strange (playing the whole band, huh?). You finish the game just to start it over!
  5. Feb 25, 2012
    Playing four instruments with regular buttons simultaneously sounds like a crazy idea but Rock Band Unplugged makes it work. Transitioning between instruments feels natural and as for the rest of the gameplay, its classic Rock Band. If you can't get enough of the series, then you shouldn't pass up the chance to play it on the go.
  6. JamesD
    Dec 28, 2009
    Whilst RBU has the same tracks as RB2, the gameplay which immitates a frequency and amplitude feel, makes this an extremely enjoyable and challenging PSP experience despite the multiplayer.
  7. Johnnyawesome
    Sep 23, 2009
    its a pretty good game. i got it with my psp and i cant stop playing it. its really fun the only thing that stops it from being a 10 is that you don't get the fun of playing with your friends.
  8. JasonJ
    Aug 5, 2009
    To be quite honest, I was expecting a low budget branch-off, money making franchise add-on. But what I got was a Moderate branch-off, with some great rockband characteristics. Sure its not "Rockband" but in some ways, it stays true to the franchise with Psn song downloads, and unique game modes. I cant really compare it to the console version, but if your looking for a music-based. To be quite honest, I was expecting a low budget branch-off, money making franchise add-on. But what I got was a Moderate branch-off, with some great rockband characteristics. Sure its not "Rockband" but in some ways, it stays true to the franchise with Psn song downloads, and unique game modes. I cant really compare it to the console version, but if your looking for a music-based. button-mashing game, than dont hesitate to pick this one up. Expand
  9. gregstpehens
    Jul 10, 2009
    Very very addictive and an awesome game to have in your PSP collection. The only thing it lacks is online play. It still seems silly to have missed out an online play of some sort with each player taking on a different instrument. but other than that this game literally ROCKS!
  10. DarenN.
    Jun 17, 2009
    When you take something so massive and substantial as Rock Band and release it onto a handheld game, customers couldn't help but be a bit skeptical of the resulting product. However, redoctane has certainly done it right with this addition. The whole Rock Band experience is there exactly as you remember it, with full customization of every one of your band members, their names, When you take something so massive and substantial as Rock Band and release it onto a handheld game, customers couldn't help but be a bit skeptical of the resulting product. However, redoctane has certainly done it right with this addition. The whole Rock Band experience is there exactly as you remember it, with full customization of every one of your band members, their names, everything. You also tour around the world as you gain or lose your money/fans just like the original. But the question that still stands is: How are you going to conduct a whole band with just two hands? I don't want to say much about the game play, as it is a fresh and very rewarding experience, but it does handle it well, and you WILL feel like you're controlling the entire band. Many of the original Rock Band formula still stands and you'll find yourself easily immersed in its world just like its predecessors. With this, and the revamped game play, you'll be finding yourself playing this for hours on end. Expand
  11. Apr 21, 2012

#11 Most Discussed PSP Game of 2009
#30 Most Shared PSP Game of 2009

Yes, the gameplay is amazing and a ton of fun, but this is well-worn territory of fans for the franchise. If playing World Tour gigs and hitting up Band Survival Mode every now and again is good enough for you -- and it is for me -- great. However, without any multiplayer you lose the true incentive to download new music and to keep this game forever and ever.
    The World Tour Mode and Band Survival offer more than enough challenge for the music fanatic on-the-go and the track listing is great granted you don't mind a lot of repeat tracks. Lack of multi-player is this game's biggest downfall, and one that will ultimately decide it's fate in the months to come.
  3. Rock Band Unplugged is a great addition to the Rock Band series, offering a refreshing rhythm game mechanic that feels very comfortable on the PSP. Even though the game lacks multiplayer, the DLC feature should help give this game some legs in the future.