7.8

1. Nov 28, 2012
    I have bought and sold this game several times (usually after watching a Pirates of the Caribean movie.) It is fun to roam the open sea's hunting for ships to attack and treasure to dig up. It is an interesting open world environment with ports to explore and ships to capture. It is fun building your fleet and pimping out your ships but I found that the game gets repetitive, I mean how many times do I have to dance with some governors daughter. I think this game has a solid build but I do find that after a few hours I tended to lose interest (hence the buying and selling) but if your looking for a few hours of fun on the high sea's it could be a good pick up for you. Expand
  2. Sep 15, 2013
    My favorite PC game about pirates. Of course, I've tried it on PSP too.
    So, game is really cool and catchy but IMHO it's very short.
    Btw, PSP-Port is good to play too.

Everything that makes Pirates! what it is is here and in fantastic form. The most important elements, like ship battles, exploration and such are identical to what you 'd find on the PC, which is really what matters.
  2. The captivating PSP version of this classic PC strategy game captures all the charming fun of being a pirate of the Caribbean.
    Pirates!'s brand of potluck goofing around works outstandingly in portable form. Sure, it can get a bit repetitive over long sessions, but that's why a game such as Pirates! belongs on a stop-and-go handheld in the first place.