Sid Meier's Pirates! PSP

7.7

1. A.A.
    May 4, 2007
    Brilliant game flowed really well on psp.
  2. MauriceJ.
    Feb 7, 2007
    Bought this game and popped it in, intending to play for an hour or so, and ended up putting it down when my PSP's battery died several hours later. This is a very catchy game - easy to pick up, hard to put down.
  3. DJT.
    Feb 1, 2007
    While I wasn't completely familiar with the title before I bought it for PSP, I found myself quite surprised of how much fun the total experience is of the game on PSP. It's got a great mix of a little strategy and a little action. Better yet, you get the "sandbox" feel as the whole Pirates world is open for you to engage. The bulk of the action takes the shape of mini games the While I wasn't completely familiar with the title before I bought it for PSP, I found myself quite surprised of how much fun the total experience is of the game on PSP. It's got a great mix of a little strategy and a little action. Better yet, you get the "sandbox" feel as the whole Pirates world is open for you to engage. The bulk of the action takes the shape of mini games the overall game can seem repetitive. But it just doesn't seem to get old to sink a ship and plunder their cargo for your own financial gain! Great addition to your collection! Expand
  4. ZemZega
    Jul 2, 2007
    let me get this out of the way right now, you don't actually play as a piret you play as a piret ship. you sail from port to port sinking ships & wowing goveners daughters, the only times your actualy a pirate is when you're dueing, dancing or hunting for buried tresure/lost cities/lost trelatives. Pirates is still a great game but the main plot is kinda short. but thankfuly thelet me get this out of the way right now, you don't actually play as a piret you play as a piret ship. you sail from port to port sinking ships & wowing goveners daughters, the only times your actualy a pirate is when you're dueing, dancing or hunting for buried tresure/lost cities/lost trelatives. Pirates is still a great game but the main plot is kinda short. but thankfuly the game dosn't end when the main plot does you can keep playing long after the main plots over. if you think the idea of being a pirate is fun you'll have fun with this but all ye landlubbers stay clear of this pirate fun Expand
  5. TroyM.
    Jan 25, 2007
    Excellent title. Loading times are short, game play is tight, game is easy to navigate, and it has even more to do than in the previous versions. Totally worth picking up.
  6. PeterY.
    Jan 25, 2007
    This is the kind of game the PSP needed. Pirates is the perfect game to play on the go, and the replay value is extremely high. If you liked the PC or Xbox versions, than this game is a no brainer.
  7. FuZZyDan
    Jan 28, 2007
    I never heard of it (not even on the pc) so i can not compaire them both, but as a first time i have ever played it on anything it is well suited to the PSP. The controls are easy to learn, graphixs are good and effective. I thought it might be ok, but trust me I LOVE it, cant stop pirating around. Its worth a look. You might be surprised like me
  8. PfillipT.
    Feb 4, 2007
    I loved the original for the Applie IIc. I loved the Xbox remake. And this port of the PC/Xbox version is equally as sick. It's amazing just how much fun this game still is. For the price, it's a no-brainer. I don't even want to imagine being a PSP owner without this game, man.
  9. MaximE.
    May 2, 2007
    It's even better, than it's larger predecessors, because now you can take your swashbuckling, sacking, fencing and general pirating with you, wherever you go. And the gameplay formula works surprisingly well as a handheld game foundation too.
  10. NickB.
    Mar 12, 2007
    Pure genius, Pirates! Ranks next to GTA as one fo the must-own PSP games ou there. The PC version's play is essentially intact in what I would describe as a deceptively simple game of pirate-building that can become insanely addictive, especially in this portable format.
  11. Sep 15, 2013
    My favorite PC game about pirates. Of course, I've tried it on PSP too.
    So, game is really cool and catchy but IMHO it's very short.
    Btw, PSP-Port is good to play too.

#14 Most Discussed PSP Game of 2007
#17 Most Shared PSP Game of 2007

Everything that makes Pirates! what it is is here and in fantastic form. The most important elements, like ship battles, exploration and such are identical to what you 'd find on the PC, which is really what matters.
  2. The captivating PSP version of this classic PC strategy game captures all the charming fun of being a pirate of the Caribbean.
    Pirates!'s brand of potluck goofing around works outstandingly in portable form. Sure, it can get a bit repetitive over long sessions, but that's why a game such as Pirates! belongs on a stop-and-go handheld in the first place.