• Publisher: Konami
  • Release Date: Nov 6, 2007
8.3

1. May 31, 2012
    Origins may have it's faults but you have to take a few things into consideration about this game. Originally it was being developed by an American branch of Climax, but production was moving sluggishly and apparently was turning out so bad that a bunch of people got fired and the project was moved over to a UK branch of the studio... who had only about a year to rebuild the game from the ground up. That being addressed, I think the team did a great job on Origins. The main thing that put me off was the story and involvement of familiar characters. The Alessa tie-in was pointless and caused the plot to suffer as a whole, as it felt unfocused and no one aspect of it was touched on enough for you to care. Also the combat system is glitchy and inventory system is just ridiculous. But beyond those things I got everything I wanted in a portable silent hill game. Good exploration of the town and it's creepy buildings, disgusting monsters to face, cleverly executed puzzles and riddles, another awesome soundtrack from Akira Yamaoka, and an overall satisfying experience for a portable horror game. Expand
  2. Jan 6, 2013
    Very good game! Silent Hill: Origins features an excellent graphics and performance combination for the PS Vita. Good gameplay and bad/ok longevity. Graphics and performance: 8- (7.75); Longevity: 5 ½ (5.5); Gameplay: 6+ (6.25); Plot: 6 ½; Sound: 7. OVERALL SCORE: 6 ½ [6.6] (6.5 out of 10 [Very good])
  3. Nov 29, 2012
    One of my favorite games on the PSP, i would like to play it on vita :(. But now the review. This game is a good silent hill, nice monster concept, the bosses impressed me, the new breakable weapons are a little boring but it is realistic. This is one of the games that i can replay and replay and i don't get tired of it. Good job on this one Konami, way better than Homecoming.
  4. Dec 16, 2012
    This game is an amazing adventure. I remember playing this a few years ago, back when PSP was released. Reviewing this right now is something nostalgic for me, but this game, for it's time and for being one of the PSP's first games, is an amazing adventure.

Gameplay: 8/10 - Easy controls and nice camera.
    Graphics: 8/10 - Good enough to immerse you into the game.
    Music: 8/10 - Sad and
    depressing music (which is good).
    Story: 9/10 - Perfect story for such an adventure.

1. Short, but sweet and--if you followed the game's initial advice--truly scary. [Dec 2007, p.83]
  2. This is not some side-story relegated to the PSP, but a true new chapter worthy of its name and console-sized in scope. [Nov 2007, p.77]
  3. Origins unfortunately also falls prey to the series' most notorious pitfall--crappy combat. [Dec 2007, p.128]