• Publisher: Konami
  • Release Date: Nov 6, 2007
7.9

1. FrancuccioC.
    Nov 26, 2007
    A revolution in the silent hill saga, may be the best, but has some problems first the camera is like a kid without candies second is not a game that can be played outside, you must play it in a dark room with headphones third you can finish it in 5 hours, i agree that is a handheld console, but a game is made for entertain his owner for longtime by the way this is a "must have" for this console.
  2. Travis
    Jan 5, 2008
    This is the first Silent Hill game I've played and being a big Resident Evil fan i was thirsty for some portable survival horror. I haven't finished this yet but so far it's a great game and doesn't disappoint. The graphics are probably the best on the PSP. The real time lighting and shadows are AWESOME. It's more super natural based than RE so it's This is the first Silent Hill game I've played and being a big Resident Evil fan i was thirsty for some portable survival horror. I haven't finished this yet but so far it's a great game and doesn't disappoint. The graphics are probably the best on the PSP. The real time lighting and shadows are AWESOME. It's more super natural based than RE so it's definitely scary. There's one thing that I don't like which is the camera. It sucks. Some parts have a locked on view from somewhere in the room like in RE but then it switches and keeps changing the perspective which makes it difficult to tell where the hell you're going and where the hell the enemies are. Plus the controls for the character are based on the perspective of the camera and not the character (unlike RE) so when you press down to move the character down the screen, if the camera changes suddenly to behind the character, since you're pressing down he'll change direction and go back to where you walked from. This can get annoying. Apart from the camera and controls, the game is great fun and really freaky. You have to play this in the dark though because most of the time you're inside dark places so I wouldn't say this is the type of game to play on the go. Expand
  3. ClareC.
    Nov 23, 2007
    Even scarier on the PSP! One of the best things on the handheld; if you want to show off your graphics this is the game!
  4. GioD.
    Nov 26, 2007
    Lay ur fears to rest, Climax did a phenomianl job. Like everyone else i thought this game was going to be disastrous. Taking a beloved franchise like silent hill and giving it to a new developer was a very risky move, but it paid off...damn did it pay off. Climax without a doubt captured the look, the feel, the pacing, the essence, and most importantly thet creepiness of what makes silent Lay ur fears to rest, Climax did a phenomianl job. Like everyone else i thought this game was going to be disastrous. Taking a beloved franchise like silent hill and giving it to a new developer was a very risky move, but it paid off...damn did it pay off. Climax without a doubt captured the look, the feel, the pacing, the essence, and most importantly thet creepiness of what makes silent hill....well, silent hill. And the music from Akira Yamaoka is once again haunting and beautiful all at once. The ONLY negative i have towards the game is that its very short. I beat it in a little over 4 hours. But being on how very good it is, its a very minor complaint. My apologies to Cimax for doubting u guys, u did a fantastic job. Lets hope The Collective does as good a job on silent hill 5. Expand
  5. RamanK.
    Nov 8, 2007
    Another excelent game, nice graphics and atmosphere. Make sure to play it in a dark room with your headphones on. Really scarry.
  6. PaulBenware
    Aug 2, 2008
    The trip back to silent hill is done well on the psp. Not only did this game scare me nearly to death, but thegraphics are amazing. This is an awesome game and one to play with the lights off late at night. The melee system is very weak and could use some work and the camera angles may take away from the experience. Complaints aside this game ROCKS!!!
    If you own a psp and need to get your
    If you own a psp and need to get your horror fix you must get this game!
  7. TomR.
    Nov 12, 2007
    Wow! this is like SH1 and 2 wrapped up in a torrid lovefest of horror that will haunt me... _forever_
  8. LukeD.
    Nov 19, 2007
    An absoloutely outstanding game puts you in the shoes of an innocent truck driver, the puzzles are really interesting and seriously freaky stuff!
  9. RichardW.
    Dec 8, 2007
    This game is very underrated. It is the best portable survival horror game to date, and I found it very enjoyable. Don't pass this one up, it's a great game!

1. Short, but sweet and--if you followed the game's initial advice--truly scary. [Dec 2007, p.83]
  2. This is not some side-story relegated to the PSP, but a true new chapter worthy of its name and console-sized in scope. [Nov 2007, p.77]
  3. Origins unfortunately also falls prey to the series' most notorious pitfall--crappy combat. [Dec 2007, p.128]