Sonic Rivals 2 PSP

• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Nov 13, 2007
7.9

1. Dec 15, 2016
    Wow, this one was a huge improvement over the first game. So much that it almost makes me mad that they didn't include a lot of the stuff in this game in the first one. It still doesn't quite show all of what the PSP is capable of, but it has so much more going for it. The first one (I should've mentioned in the first one's review) is just racing, time trails and boss battles. That's it.Wow, this one was a huge improvement over the first game. So much that it almost makes me mad that they didn't include a lot of the stuff in this game in the first one. It still doesn't quite show all of what the PSP is capable of, but it has so much more going for it. The first one (I should've mentioned in the first one's review) is just racing, time trails and boss battles. That's it. You also collected cards, but still. In this game, it's all that plus tones more modes and characters and full voice acting. The only thing the first game has over this one is a kind of changeable menu screen, but that wasn't even that great to begin with. This is definitely the best of the two games. Expand
  2. Aug 4, 2016
    Sonic Rivals 2 is kinda better than the first but not by much but still lacking level design a lot and getting repetitive but does have smooth gameplay as well.
  3. Jun 23, 2016
    sonic rivals 2 is best psp game, it features tails, rouge, espio, and metal sonic it features chao finding collecting rings, knock out rival, final boss is ifrit which can be defeated.
  4. Apr 17, 2016
    This game is great . This game better than Sonic Rivals . In Sonic Rivals 2 there are races and battles . In this game 4 Stories . Behind Sonic and Tails team , Knuckles and Rouge team , Shadow and Metal Sonic team and Silver and Espio team . My favourite team in this game is Knuckles and Rouge team , because this is best couple in Sonic Universe . That go through game behind one of teamThis game is great . This game better than Sonic Rivals . In Sonic Rivals 2 there are races and battles . In this game 4 Stories . Behind Sonic and Tails team , Knuckles and Rouge team , Shadow and Metal Sonic team and Silver and Espio team . My favourite team in this game is Knuckles and Rouge team , because this is best couple in Sonic Universe . That go through game behind one of team you must pass for both characters . I pass this game for all teams and opened many costumes for characters . Very poor Nine of Ten . Expand
  5. May 8, 2013
    I have not played the original Sonic Rivals, But after playing this game and being told that this game was the better of the two, I will just avoid it, This game is so mediocre, The level design is bleh, Sonic move to slow, Bosses are pathetic, The story is stupid, Only play it if your a sonic fan.
  6. Feb 4, 2013
    This game has an alright metacritic score and a great user score, I really don't see why. The game has well designed levels and pretty graphics, but the racing mechanics are atrocious. There is some of the worst rubber banding I've ever experienced in a game and the opponents constantly spam items and unless you get a good head-start it's nearly impossible to win on even the first races.This game has an alright metacritic score and a great user score, I really don't see why. The game has well designed levels and pretty graphics, but the racing mechanics are atrocious. There is some of the worst rubber banding I've ever experienced in a game and the opponents constantly spam items and unless you get a good head-start it's nearly impossible to win on even the first races. The game feels slow even compared to the 16-bit sonic games and the smash bros. style duel mode is extremely annoying. Also I shouldn't complain about the story in a sonic game but this is probably the worst. I had literally no clue what was going on from the start and the voice acting and dialogue is laughable. Oh and to fully complete the game you have to do all the levels as each of the 8 characters, I don't think anyone sane can do that. Collapse
  7. Nov 8, 2011
    It is signifigantly better than the 1st Sonic Rivals because now there are many more playable characters. Now there is fighting and ring collecting games in addition to racing.
  8. DesmondH.
    Nov 30, 2007
    Games Radar was right: the game would have been better with more tracks and more focus on racing instead of combat.
    Nov 14, 2007
    If you like Sonic, buy the game. The sound and story are lacking, but the game runs smooth, looks good, and plays great.
  10. Feb 4, 2013

#24 Most Discussed PSP Game of 2007
#46 Most Shared PSP Game of 2007

Instead of working to bulk up the races, however, they decided to throw in half-baked duels and hair-pulling boss fights to try to spread things out. It didn't work, but at least there's the potential to make a really decent racing game out of the Sonic franchise... if the third time is indeed the charm.
  2. Sonic Rivals 2 isn’t the super-speedy racing game you’d expect from the world’s fastest blue hedgehog. Jerky levels and unwarranted slowdowns prevent the game from moving at Sonic’s true speed.
    Sonic Rivals 2 is a faithful return to Sonic's roots. Aside from a couple of speed bumps, this is one title that should be welcome in any fan's collection.