• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Nov 16, 2006
8.0

1. Nov 8, 2011
    It is a simple game. Race against the other main Sonic characters and try to beat them in the end. It has a lot of replay value, but it is repetitive for the most part.
  2. Jul 30, 2012
    The game is insanely fun it makes me play this more than 5 hrs! The fastest time to ever complete this game is about 14 hrs possible! The worlds longest PSP game ever! Multiplayer adds more entertainment, trading and swapping cards with your friends', and more!
  3. Feb 21, 2013
    This is an extremely fun 2d racing game, fusing classing sonic level design put int 2.5D, and really fun racing mechanics. the card collecting of saving your friends is a fun concept for single play, and the multiplayer and wager system is awesome as well. Theres lots to like here, this is a great 2d sonic game, that will keep you entertained for hours on end. good graphics and music, plus creative design, this is a great game, wether your a sonic fan, or looking for a fun racer/platformer hybrid. Expand
  4. Feb 1, 2014
    Sonic Rivals is a 2.5D racing game. It is really good for 2006 Sonic game. and for a PSP game is still good. The story is very basic. You play as Sonic, Knuckles, Shadow, Sliver, and beat all the stories, Metal Sonic. You play the game left to right with a opponent, hinting the name Rivals. There's power ups you could get. The power ups are basic, but it gets the job done. A special power you could get make every character different. The whole point of the game is card collecting. This is the replayability of the game. Is fun collecting all the card. Plus every three cards, you could unlock a piece of clothing is a great reward. But you will get a card you already have. So is base in luck. I never try online card trading because I not sure I will find anyone. You could get this game in PSVITA(PSN). I say get it if you interest. Expand
  5. Mar 6, 2014
    This is My favorite sonic game EVER!!!
    I'm pretty sure some people won't like but it's there opinions but this is my number 1 Sonic game
    The graphics are pretty good but it is a PSP game. The gameplay is fun I like how face all the character
    The game is pretty easy if you know what your doing Sonic Rivals is great game I give it a 8/10 Pretty good game for me.

1. Fast and furious and good old-fashioned Sonic fun, for all its faults. It looks splendid, too, with perspective changes and all manner of background detail. [Christmas 2006, p.58]
    It mixes snazzy visuals with a good sense of speed, so there's little doubt hardcore Sonic fans will find a lot to like. Plus, it has a rewarding multiplayer mode and wager system, which only adds to the experience.
  3. Take one part Sonic, add in one part racing, mix with two parts cheap deaths, and you’ve got Sonic Rivals. Fans may like it but I think most should steer clear.