6.1

1. Sep 3, 2010
    This game is beast! It's still my prime reason of my PSP purchase as this keeps me busy for hours in a row!
    Excellent quality. I wish more people could see the extraordinary value of this portable game. I'm absolutly addicted to this one!
  2. Jan 5, 2013
    From reading the reviews on this site, there must be some very lonely Soul Calibur players out there since there are a lot of low scores for a lack of online play. While it's true, a lack of infrastructure mode is a little disappointing, it barely detracts from the gem Namco have crafted with this version of the franchise. Visually, for a PSP game it's stunning. How the PSP is able toFrom reading the reviews on this site, there must be some very lonely Soul Calibur players out there since there are a lot of low scores for a lack of online play. While it's true, a lack of infrastructure mode is a little disappointing, it barely detracts from the gem Namco have crafted with this version of the franchise. Visually, for a PSP game it's stunning. How the PSP is able to display so much pretty without catching fire is beyond me, and running so smoothly that you can't take your eyes off the fight for a second without being punished for it. It's like an apology for the mess that was Soul Calibur 4, and feels like the true sequel to Soul Calibur 2. The fighting mechanics are spot on, with the controls feeling just as crisp and sharp as the versions on console. Ad-Hoc multiplayer is there, as is character customisation, which has given me hours of fun as I destroy my friends using Mitsurugi dressed as Santa. Of course, this does require you to have friends in real life, and not just on the Playstation Network. A lack of arcade mode is a little odd, as this game is a mostly single player experience, but there are a good number of ghosts to fight against, and enough game modes to justify the no-doubt budget price it has probably become (in the second-hand shops) since the release of the Vita. Overall, a great PSP fighter that survives well on its own, but is best enjoyed with friends. Expand

1. Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny effectively manages to translate the home console experience into a portable one, preserving both the original gameplay and characters. Nice to play and to look at, thanks to the great graphics, it has a limited longevity, though.
  2. Unfortunately, the main single-player mode feels like an extended tutorial, and the multiplayer options are limited to ad-hoc. Fortunately, there are plenty of options for customization, and the trials and versus modes are always fun.
  3. It may only be fans of the series who will take advantage of everything the game has to offer, but the excellent job Namco have done in bringing Soulcalibur to the PSP is clear for everyone to see.