SpongeBob Squarepants: The Yellow Avenger PSP

• Release Date: Mar 6, 2006
6.4

1. BrentD.
    Jun 26, 2006
    Surprised at what a fun game this is. Needed more of the bosses, but the game plays like the cartoon and looks just like it. Bought this for my daughter, but played it myself. Pleasantly surprised, on the PSP.
  2. [ANONYMOUS]
    Jun 23, 2009
    i like spongebob even though im a teen, so thats ALL that was appealing about this game. it's like mario when u jump on top of bubbles, but the platforming, and every other thing u could do in the game was just not fun at all!
  3. May 3, 2012
    This is an overall very fun experience, even for non-Spongebob fans. The adventure is fun, the story captures the feeling of the show, and the platforming with a few puzzles is very inventive
  4. May 10, 2015
    I found this game to be very boring. It was ok graphics wise, but I just didn't like it a lot. It didn't feel like a spongebob game and it certainly didn't play like a spongebob game. I gave my copy away because this game wasn't fun. Only thing I give it credit for is graphics and sound.

#61 Most Discussed PSP Game of 2006

1. The Yellow Avenger, however, doesn't even have what it takes to appease the series' most diehard fans. It's not a disaster – just a thrill-less adventure that stars one of the world's most popular cartoon characters.
    The platforming and the special powers and the occasional boss fight all help to liven up the world, but the large majority of it is tedious and highly repetitive.
  3. Although it doesn’t feel as inventive as the DS installment, the core gameplay and story, spruced up presentation, multiplayer addition and subtle control improvements all mesh together as a portable romp well worth taking a gander at, especially if you’re in search of a good platform action game for your PSP.