7.9

1. Nov 23, 2013
    Absolutely fantastic. The plot and characters are all fairly enjoyable, and the art is beautiful. While the puzzles may not be overly complex, they are fun and add to the experience of the game.The voice acting is fairly spot on, and the writing is well done. The best part though is that the men are, for the most part, attractive and masculine tee hee
  2. Apr 1, 2014
    So, for anyone that picked up this game and DIDN'T know from the start it was aimed completely at a female audience - I don't know where you would think otherwise. Otomate is a branch of Idea Factory that specifically focuses on (gasp) Otome content.

That said, the gameplay is pretty dang fun, what with the puzzle-solving and whether or not to just be "friends" with one of the fellas,
    or go for the gold and nab yourself a relationship. Either route you take with any of the men in this game, unfolds new story content which makes you crave knowing what happens next - or what happened in the past. It has a subtle Saw-like feel, where Hogstein is pretty much a less horror-like version of Jigsaw, meaning no - you don't have to saw your limbs off to get out of a sticky situation, but you might get literally bombed if you don't.

Now, normally I'd be giving this a 10/10, if it weren't for one thing that bugged me every time I played it (with fourteen endings, I am still going, actually). The translation is a bit off at times, with typos and words that just don't make sense, but it's easy enough to read past anyway. Really, it's not a huge issue, I am just happy we got the dang game localized in the first place. A little more attention to detail in the translation would have been nice, but meh. I can deal with every few bits of dialogue being a bit...off.
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critics

1. Sep 17, 2013
    By turns humorous, dramatic, touching and tragic, Sweet Fuse is a great example of how visual novels are an excellent fit for Sony's portables -- and how even the most ridiculous of premises can make for a surprisingly compelling interactive story.
    At the end of the day, Sweet Fuse: At Your Side is downright fun.
  3. Sep 2, 2013
    Sweet Fuse is not the most emotionally arresting visual novel I've played, but it executes on everything it promises to deliver.