The Eye of Judgment: Legends PSP

7.9

1. SterlingR
    Mar 19, 2010
    This version of the game is better then the PS3 version simply because you can play without having to set up cards and the PS3 eye. The game is really polished. No 3D creatures, announcer naming summoned creatures or creature voices. This would make a great iPhone game for sure. Only card game that's better would be Magic the Gathering.
  2. DanteR
    Mar 25, 2010
    Simply one of the best games released for PSP in some time. For $30, you're getting hours upon hours of excellent card strategy. With both a story mode, AI duels, and Multiplayer via Ad-Hoc and Infrastructure, you'll never want for an opponent. My only gripe, is that occasionally, the AI can be brutally unforgiving.
  3. DJAbacus
    Apr 11, 2010
    For anyone who hasn't played Eye of Judgment and loves strategy games then give it a try. The original on the PS3 set me back about £1000 over 2 years and it was worth every cent. Now its gone portable and practically free to play.....very addictive fun game.
  4. Sep 12, 2011
    he original PS3 game Eye of Judgment which required real cards and the PS3 eye was replaced by this game. How does it fair? Well, I would have a hard time scoring this game low simply because of its nature however I am really not a big fan of this version. For me the fun of the original was learning all the cards and being able to make a custom deck. I enjoyed the original version for thehe original PS3 game Eye of Judgment which required real cards and the PS3 eye was replaced by this game. How does it fair? Well, I would have a hard time scoring this game low simply because of its nature however I am really not a big fan of this version. For me the fun of the original was learning all the cards and being able to make a custom deck. I enjoyed the original version for the two years it was out and am very mad at Sony for discontinuing that version. This version is its replacement and has many creatures somewhat modified in an attempt to "balance" the game better. This is guess is where my real problem is with this version. In the original I did not really agree it was fairly balanced but with the changes they made to the creatures in this version I would argue that it is possibly more balanced but then because of this balancing it also has become more speed based and less strategic. So, in effect the love I had of the first game making confusing large strategic decks is even less effective in this game. Another thing I find silly is how this game is puzzle based and they just slapped together any old story they could to appease all the people bashing the first game saying it had no story. Fundamentally I think our world is getting rather silly when a puzzle game needs a story. Last time I played chess or checkers I don't remember them having any stories. So, basically i find the inclusion of the story in this game simply annoying and skipping events and story is easy but I'd certainly prefer the story not being there. The beauty of this game is the play. For those who never played the original or those still addicted to the original I advise this game but warn it may be the same ol and just an ok game for keepsake only as was my purchase. I basically just checked it out and once an while use my portable which rarely gets used and this game does not change that. The best feature of this portable version is that everyone can easily unlock set 3 creatures. In the original version on ps3 not many people were lucky enough to buy the sets because they were made in short supply. I guess in this regard this game is more expansive than the first and corrects a huge mistake. I however had all the set 3 cards so this game isn't bonus material for me but for those who had not completed their sets 1-3 you can do it all here easily. I guess for $30 then it is easy to recommend purchase so you can finally play the full version PS3 messed up. Expand
  5. Apr 15, 2012
    For fans of the original and hardly anyone else. I am a fan of the original game, but the craptastic story mode and severely brutal A.I. left a bad taste. Sure, challenge can be good, but the developers went way to far with this one. The CPU knows everything. Here, it is quite clear that it is A.I. because it is non-human in the fact that it is flawless. You better get some good draws,For fans of the original and hardly anyone else. I am a fan of the original game, but the craptastic story mode and severely brutal A.I. left a bad taste. Sure, challenge can be good, but the developers went way to far with this one. The CPU knows everything. Here, it is quite clear that it is A.I. because it is non-human in the fact that it is flawless. You better get some good draws, because if you don't the CPU will just destroy you in the blink of an eye (of judgement). It somehow manages to get draws for nearly every situation. There are things that I like. Building decks is fun and can be strategic (again, you better get good draws because the CPU always will), I love the card shop (even though it can be limiting at times) and the gameplay does feel like a CCG. Sadly, I find myself getting frustrated more than enjoying the game. If you really want a CCG fix, this might work, but be prepared to get completely destroyed if you are new to TEOJ, and just plain destroyed even if you are not. Expand
  6. Aug 8, 2013
    Good TCG game. Good story mode (dialogue makes no sense sometimes, but it's fun though), great gameplay and lots of cards. HUGE encyclopedia. It also features a trophy-like system, so battling in the coliseum has even more replayability. Recommended.

#17 Most Discussed PSP Game of 2010

1. The Eye of Judgment: Legends solves all the errors of the first game, appeared in PS3 three years back. This game offers a good supply in modes for one player, maintaining the online supply of the original EoJ. Unfortunately, EoJ Legends isn't compatible with the PS Eye camera.
  2. If you love strategy and cards, The Eye of Judgment Legends represents a good opportunity to enjoy of the turn-based fighting in your PSP.
    The Eye of Judgment: Legends is a step forward from its PS3-version. That’s partly because of the lack of a camera and expensive cards. The campaign, however, doesn’t interest much as its story is unclear and the presentation is static. The graphics barely show any detail and the tutorial is too short to get a grip on the gameplay. Fans of card battles will love it, especially if they appreciate fighting online to learn how the cards work.