The Sims 2: Castaway PSP

7.3

1. Jun 29, 2012
    No! no! no! This isn't Sims! This is a disgusting game that thinks its Sims! What is this and what have they done with Sims? Whatever the design team was thinking when they made this game baffles me. I think they probably said something like, "hey guys! I have an idea! lets make a Sims game with a story! They can be on a boat and make their friends and then the boat will crash. Then theNo! no! no! This isn't Sims! This is a disgusting game that thinks its Sims! What is this and what have they done with Sims? Whatever the design team was thinking when they made this game baffles me. I think they probably said something like, "hey guys! I have an idea! lets make a Sims game with a story! They can be on a boat and make their friends and then the boat will crash. Then the player will have to find their friends while exploring a weird island trying to have sex with a monkey so they don't die of loneliness. Good idea right?" No Mr. good idea just no. The stuff about the monkey is true by the way and is no where near as fun as it sounds. There's lots of islands where you have to go so you can see your friends and also lots of monkeys to have sex with. Its also got this weird hunting mechanic which was fun for about ten minutes. Oh, and may biggest disappointment, no grim reaper. Terrible, not worthy to be called a Sims game. 2/10 Expand
  2. BethM.
    Nov 20, 2007
    I loved the graphics and detail. It has an amazing story line. Confused though as to how to get the sims married. The option is there, but nothing happens. The best sims game thus far.
  3. YuriG.
    Oct 29, 2007
    Nothing like it. I bought this game looking for something new that looked great on the psp. Water and scenery, ambience make you feel like you really are in this island,very impressed. I particularly like the freshness of the game. Without giving away too much, there is a story line and quite a bit of discovering here, I enjoyed the eye candy one Island to another. The variety of the Nothing like it. I bought this game looking for something new that looked great on the psp. Water and scenery, ambience make you feel like you really are in this island,very impressed. I particularly like the freshness of the game. Without giving away too much, there is a story line and quite a bit of discovering here, I enjoyed the eye candy one Island to another. The variety of the islands and adventures were well thought out. Monkeys can get a bit annoying yet funny at times. I hope this is not just an expansion but a totally new standalone game... if so i'd be sure to look into the sequel. Expand
  4. ZoeM.
    Dec 30, 2007
    I personally thought it was quite dull and boring, the graphics are nothing special and the gameplay is very slow. It also takes ages to load especially loading a saved game sometimes it just freezes and it isnt my psp as my psp works with all my other games. It is not the best sims game out there and i was quite disappointed with it especially with all the build up of how good it was I personally thought it was quite dull and boring, the graphics are nothing special and the gameplay is very slow. It also takes ages to load especially loading a saved game sometimes it just freezes and it isnt my psp as my psp works with all my other games. It is not the best sims game out there and i was quite disappointed with it especially with all the build up of how good it was meant to be. Expand
  5. PeterY.
    Oct 25, 2007
    Wow, really not a bad game at all. This game was almost exactly what I was expecting. I personally love these type of survival games, where you have to gather food and supplies and craft your own tools and stuff. The gameplay is pretty much the same throughout, you survive while exploring and you find treasure and stuff. I loved Survival Kids for the GameBoy and this game is almost like Wow, really not a bad game at all. This game was almost exactly what I was expecting. I personally love these type of survival games, where you have to gather food and supplies and craft your own tools and stuff. The gameplay is pretty much the same throughout, you survive while exploring and you find treasure and stuff. I loved Survival Kids for the GameBoy and this game is almost like that game. The only downsides are the horrible camera and glitchy framerate and graphics, and sometimes the loading. Ugh, the camera always moves around by itself, I want a still camera like in the PC Sims games. It's a pain to move the camera too, you have to hold R. And the framerate can get really bad at times, especially when there are alot of chimps on screen. The loading times when saving are probably the WORST I've ever seen. In the end, it's overall a great game, just know what you're getting into here. Expand
  6. AlyssaH
    Apr 26, 2008
    Its the best game ever! I love love it. Im very far in it. (I like almost all the Sims games!!)
  7. NipunV
    Dec 19, 2009
    This game really rocks!!!Although somewhat confusing,i liked its building-a-new-life feature.I've played it on PS2,and soon on the PSP too.Best game on PSP+PS2,according to me!!!
  8. Nov 8, 2011
    Create up to 6 sims characters of your own and struggle to survive in the island jungles. It is a fun game but it has long loading times and confusing options.
  9. Jan 20, 2012
    Love this game better than any sims series. I wish there was a Sims 3: Castaway. If there is I will be happy. I like it because it is more adventurous than any sims series out there. All of the sims series, you are cooped in a house and can only see your neighbors but it this game you will see mountains and befriend chimps.
  10. Jan 29, 2013
    It's a mediocre game, but it does have a certain charm. It will appeal to hardcore Sims fans, of which there are many. The visuals are decent enough, and the scaled down gameplay works fairly well on the PSP. My main technical objection would have to be the constant load breaks with my PSP1000, although ripping the game to MS, provided you have custom firmware, eradicates these entirely.
  11. Mar 11, 2013
    Sims 2 Castaway for PSP is really fun. But, there's a problem with getting through the ancient gate in the cave, even with the gnome cheat. Also, when I build the canoe on the second island, it says I don't have enough energy to go, even when it's full.
  12. Jul 19, 2016
    This is probably the best Sims game because of its adventurous location. There are so many possibilities to stay alive and you are having so much fun on these island that you nearly want to get castaway.

1. Once all of your goals are completed, you get a feeling of accomplishment, but lose some of the replayablity of other Sims games - you've seen one uncharted island, you've seen 'em all - and the thought of having to harvest all those vines, chop wood, find berries, pick leaves, catch fish, light fires, build furniture, find shelter and identify plants might not sound appealing.
    While it gives an interesting twist on the standard shipwreck concept, the hampered nature of the guidebooks, strange placement of plans in menus and continual micromanagement does hampers the fun of the title.
    The Sims 2: Castaway might have a few issues, but it's the most enjoyable console entry for the franchise thus far.